Sponsored

ANYONE INSTALL A 1.25” JLU BODY LIFT THEMSELVES AT HOME?

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
A word of advice.. I just installed the Rough Country 1.25 body lift kit on my JLU Sport 2018.. and while lifting the passenger side high enough to install the front puck.. the steering wheel fluid reservoir snapped at the bottom.. see.. the pump Is attached to the frame... the reservoir attached to the body.. repairing the damage is going to cost me almost the same as the cost of the lift.. soo... disconnect the reservoir from the mounting bolt on the body before you install the body lift.. the Rough Country version has no relocating bracket for the reservoir.. no idea if the issue was unique to my Jeep by virtue of the hose being too short for the lift or what.. so I cannot blame Rough Country.. just a warning for you fellas willing to install the lift yourselves ..

I bought the Pentosin CHF 11S fluid which satisfies the Mopar Bulletin for the fluid spec MS-11655 ... ouch.. it was $30 at Orelliys !
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD; '20 Denali 3500; Hummer H2; Huracan
Well, lol, my third JEEP, not a rookie...
I’m 6’6” and taller than my 2020 JEEP RUBICON UNLIMITED REFON EDITION, and it drives me nuts that I’m taller than my JEEP!!! I installed a 4” suspension lift and a three inch body lift and never had any problems!!! no body roll, long bolts don’t matter, all tight!!! The biggest body lift for jlu is 1.25??? And not hard to install...
I'm the same height at 6"6" and have a similar mindset. I have the EVO 4.5" high clearance long arm kit on order, however I'm going straight to 40" MT Baja Pro XS tires and I'm contemplating installing a 1.25" body lift myself or having the local shop knock it out as a minor body lift as it is always part of my builds for the functionality you gain described previously. If I take it on I'll try to notate how it goes..

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’ve never understood body lifts. Whole bunch of work and higher COG for no more ground clearance and they just look silly.
Sponsored

Last edited: