Sponsored

Anyone install 6.5” speakers in JL soundbar? If so how did you do this? Any help would be appreciate

rawgeezy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL UNLIMITED
Looking to upgrade stock speakers. If anyone has installed 6.5” speakers in soundbar, please provide pictures or instructions on how to do so. Obviously modifications are necessary. Just need help with how to
Sponsored

Last edited:

jonsavino

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I took my JL to an audio guy I have known my whole life. All he has ever done is car audio and is very well known. He told me you cant fit a 6.5" without major modifications. It has a 4" speaker there the biggest you can do would be 5.25. I am currently installing Alpine Type R 5.25 components(2 in the knee panel and 2 on sound bar), 4 x tweeters with cross overs and 4 ch amp. Much better than Jeeps Alpine upgrade at about the same price.

IzzTheGreat

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Do you need to do drilling to fit the 5.25s or do they fit directly in the stock hole?
I took my JL to an audio guy I have known my whole life. All he has ever done is car audio and is very well known. He told me you cant fit a 6.5" without major modifications. It has a 4" speaker there the biggest you can do would be 5.25. I am currently installing Alpine Type R 5.25 components(2 in the knee panel and 2 on sound bar), 4 x tweeters with cross overs and 4 ch amp. Much better than Jeeps Alpine upgrade at about the same price.

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Do you need to do drilling to fit the 5.25s or do they fit directly in the stock hole?
There’s a few on here thats did 6.5 if you look through the threads they may can tell you. Look in the audio forum.

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
you have to dremel a little for the 5.25 speaker to fit
You need to dremel more than just a little bit. Here is a picture of the speakers in sound bar, notice all the porting that is done. You'd have to cut all that out.

IMG_0705.jpeg

Robbys3m3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I have 6.5s in front and in the bar... I'll see if my buddy's shop took pictures

Sponsored

IzzTheGreat

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I have 6.5s in front and in the bar... I'll see if my buddy's shop took pictures
What’s the width of your speakers? I want to put some 6.5 ds18 pro-exl into the soundbar but just wondering if it has enough clearance to fit in height wise.

Kapoosh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s was the price range for this fab work?
I had a good friend that's a fabricator do the work so I don't have an accurate estimate. I can ask him what his shop would normally charge for something like this.

I think going the component route would have been better considering you have that extra space over there.
Probably true but I already owned the Hertz speakers and they're really good speakers.