Sponsored

Anyone in Loveland, Colorado? got a few questions.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Yeah like I said, the prices are def similar at this point. Which is why we were thinking we might as well get more for our buck. At least we’ll have mountains lol.
Prices are not similar at all. Don’t let the sticker fool you. Due to some fairly regressive tax laws in Colorado, a Colorado house will end up costing you a lot less. NJ taxes are freaking nuts.

Bergan county transplant (well, returning migrant, lol). If you’re 10 min away from the city, I suspect you are as well.

I came back in ‘19 and am pretty happy with the situation. Food sucks unless you’re eating in the really expensive places. $$ in Jersey = $$$$ in Denver.

Also, this place has had such an influx of drivers from all over so there is no one style. No cohesion. People here are so reactive behind the wheel. In Jersey, unless you hit me, no one blinks a eye. In Denver cut into a lane so you can turn and the soccer moms loose their shit.

If you make it over, hit me up.
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I lived in East Brunswick and Manhattan for a while, certainly a culture change coming out here. Some good, some bad. Much more wheeling though! You might want to look at Colorado Springs, a TON of wheeling spots out there and it is cheaper living that Denver or even Loveland. The job market is strong in the Springs as well. We live in the Centennial/Parker area and our house has doubled in price in the last 6 years.

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Man, at the risk of being the odd-ball (and trying to stay away from politics).... Colorado is awesome, AND we have a massive water crisis in the West. We truly do not have enough water here to support the massive population growth that is ongoing here.
I know some people don’t want to believe it’s real, but it is. The flow of the Colorado River, upon which seven states depend, is down 20% over the last 20 years from historical norms, and it is projected to drop 50% more in the next 50 years. Things are already getting very hard for a lot of western communities in terms of water, and it will get worse.
So in all sincere truth, the last thing we need is more population out here. I know that sounds dickish, and I will certainly greet you warmly on the trail if I see you....but I would discourage my own mother from moving here, and I hope anyone who considers moving to the West is aware of the reality and considers their impact.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Man, at the risk of being the odd-ball (and trying to stay away from politics).... Colorado is awesome, AND we have a massive water crisis in the West. We truly do not have enough water here to support the massive population growth that is ongoing here.
I know some people don’t want to believe it’s real, but it is. The flow of the Colorado River, upon which seven states depend, is down 20% over the last 20 years from historical norms, and it is projected to drop 50% more in the next 50 years. Things are already getting very hard for a lot of western communities in terms of water, and it will get worse.
So in all sincere truth, the last thing we need is more population out here. I know that sounds dickish, and I will certainly greet you warmly on the trail if I see you....but I would discourage my own mother from moving here, and I hope anyone who considers moving to the West is aware of the reality and considers their impact.
Looks like there is room for one more because Mike is leaving his mother wherever she is. I would rather see another Jeeper here than the yahoo's that are moving in from California trying to close all of our trails. My parents are native to Colorado other than the short stint they had in California while my father was in Vietnam. I was born in Cali (so I can call them yahoo's as I have seen first hand how that state has gone to shit), but am back in Colorado. Graduated from CSU and have three daughters all going to College here. Your statements on the water are spot on, but this is quickly becoming a National problem so it will not matter where you live. After spending time on the East Coast, I would not blame anyone for wanting to move away!

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not just the lack of rain/snow but the lack of reservoir capacity. I know the Gross Reservoir expansion is underway but that’s problematic to many people. But beyond that I don’t think there is a single reservoir expansion planned. Here in Erie, we’re at least considering the creation of a reservoir but who knows when/if that’ll happen.

Sponsored

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
It’s not just the lack of rain/snow but the lack of reservoir capacity. I know the Gross Reservoir expansion is underway but that’s problematic to many people. But beyond that I don’t think there is a single reservoir expansion planned. Here in Erie, we’re at least considering the creation of a reservoir but who knows when/if that’ll happen.
Yeah. And reservoirs aren't much good if there isn't enough water to fill them. See Lake Powell and Lake Mead.

Mightyoak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler rubicon, 2021 gladiator rubicon
Live in Windsor a smaller town next to Loveland. Northern Colorado is one of the most desirable areas to live in the nation. Growth is crazy and people are coming from all over the place. I am in the Title Insurance business and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else in Colorado. Born and raised in Denver. All kinds of trails from mild to expert for jeeps, razors, dirt bikes, or UTV. Plenty of action if you like the snow as well. Denver traffic is horrible but Loveland is north and easy to access places like Estes Park or Steamboat springs or less touristy areas as well. Plenty of trails up this way.
Sponsored