Sponsored

Anyone in Loveland, Colorado? got a few questions.

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to migrate to that side of the country( currently in NJ). Just getting a feel for whats around and how things are over there. Are there trails for Jeeps accesible within reasonable distance? (I know i know its CRAWLorado). But any feedback on the area would be greatly appreciated so we can get a good sense of the community/quality of life there.
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Not in Loveland, but Denver Metro. Work bringing you here or just wanting a new environment?

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Wanting a new environment. I enjoy being outdoors and although NJ has its spots, it’s not CO.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Checked out housing pricing at all? I have no clue on NJ, but housing here has sky rocketed in the last year. Tons to do. Hiking, off-roading, water sports etc. no matter the time of the year there is something to do.

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Checked out housing pricing at all? I have no clue on NJ, but housing here has sky rocketed in the last year. Tons to do. Hiking, off-roading, water sports etc. no matter the time of the year there is something to do.
Not yet. The conversation with my gf about it started today. It’s stupid expensive in NJ. And if we’re gonna pay similar prices, we might as well get a better view and more chances of being outside lol. We both grew up in urban/suburban environment and also being 10mins away from NYC, a major change would be great.

Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Got it. We moved here 4 years ago and housing has jumped about 15-20% in the last year alone. Everyone has different expectations of course. Renting a 2BR is going to be 2kish a month. Buying a home you are starting at minimum 300-400k for something ok. Anything slightly newer and nicer is going to be 500-600k. If you want new(er) and less than a couple years old you will be paying 600K+. Super competitive in the lower end as larger businesses are buying up more of the fixer upper homes and remodeling and renting them out. Like I said... all depends on what you want. I checked out Paterson, NK on realtor and pricing is not too far off really one way or another. Then again I don't know what area you live in exactly.

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Got it. We moved here 4 years ago and housing has jumped about 15-20% in the last year alone. Everyone has different expectations of course. Renting a 2BR is going to be 2kish a month. Buying a home you are starting at minimum 300-400k for something ok. Anything slightly newer and nicer is going to be 500-600k. If you want new(er) and less than a couple years old you will be paying 600K+. Super competitive in the lower end as larger businesses are buying up more of the fixer upper homes and remodeling and renting them out. Like I said... all depends on what you want. I checked out Paterson, NK on realtor and pricing is not too far off really one way or another. Then again I don't know what area you live in exactly.
Yeah like I said, the prices are def similar at this point. Which is why we were thinking we might as well get more for our buck. At least we’ll have mountains lol.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Make a couple visits to see what you like. Weather is great here too.

OP
OP
T4STE

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Make a couple visits to see what you like. Weather is great here too.
Yeah we are planning to visit the area. My cousin just moved there couple months ago in Durango. We also discussed Utah initially but it’s still not out of the running. At least for me, I’m trying to get an idea of Jeep ownership for a Colorado resident lol. I’m sure it’s a night and day difference to a NJ Jeep owner haha

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I imagine it is for sure different owning a Jeep here versus NJ! Easier to take shortcuts over mountain passes here to get from A to B. And prettier too!

I would highly recommend checking out Utah as well. Absolutely love it there. If we had visited there and CO around the same time we may have ended up there. We have great wheeling here, but UT is just different. We have visited UT several times for Arches, Canyonlands, Moab and south of there, Southern UT...all of it is gorgeous.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

There are plenty of little towns that are snuggled-up to or in the mountains if you're trying to escape suburbia. We back up to Pike National Forest, so hiking trails that head into the mountains are very close by. Skiing, of course, is unreal.

Numerous Jeep trails within a few miles and lots of local clubs to explore with. Feel like hitting the trails? Just post to one of the groups...or, more likely, see who else is looking to group up.

Yeah, we love it here.

fogby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
When I first read your title, I thought you meant Loveland Pass area. Didn't realize there was a suburb of Denver with that name.

We moved to Breckenridge this year and are very satisfied. We're semi-retired and can work remotely so there were -0- location restrictions. I'd suggest looking on the western side of Denver in one of the little towns. This way you'd be close enough to for work in the Denver-metro area but be very close to all the mountains have to offer. Skiing, hiking, biking, kayaking...

The folks from the Denver area that I talk to on the slopes all say it's best to live on western side of Denver, if possible, for easy access to the playgrounds. But if you're from NY/NJ the traffic may not bother you.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in Erie, about 20 minutes south of Loveland. There are TONS of trails man. You’re really close to the front range and there are some great trails there that vary from super easy (switzerland pass) to very challenging (Middle St Vrain)

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Love it here! Living on the west side of the metro be prepared to spend 800k on a 2 bdrm place that’s old. So many trails it will take you years even as an avid keeper to explore them all.

MarkM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Project Manager
Looking to migrate to that side of the country( currently in NJ). Just getting a feel for whats around and how things are over there. Are there trails for Jeeps accesible within reasonable distance? (I know i know its CRAWLorado). But any feedback on the area would be greatly appreciated so we can get a good sense of the community/quality of life there.

Well, Fort Collins here. The two municipalities are back to back. There are tons of great trails an hour away. Kelly Flats comes to mind. Old Flower Road is a casual trail. Two hours puts you on a lot of trails west of Denver.

Making a day's drive puts you in the Telluride/Black Bear Pass area. The western slope and Moab are also a good few day trip.
Sponsored