Sponsored

Anyone in Arizona running Evo/King coilovers?

tanner

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L
I'm quite interested in installing the Evo coilover kit, but there's no going back after chopping off the front shock mounts. Wondering if anyone in AZ and/or near Phoenix has this setup and would be willing to discuss their experience.
Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
I'm quite interested in installing the Evo coilover kit, but there's no going back after chopping off the front shock mounts. Wondering if anyone in AZ and/or near Phoenix has this setup and would be willing to discuss their experience.
Why bother with that kit? It's not a pure bolt on. You can put together a better kit for less money if you're willing to cut/weld. You can get towers for around $100 a pair from fabricators like TMR, Barnes, Ruff Stuff, etc. You can get shocks that are actually tuned for your vehicle with proper valving and spring rates from Accutune, Filthy, etc. Evo doesn't offer a choice of spring rates or valving. They use the same setup for both 4-door and 2-door and don't even consider your build. Their supposedly custom King shock with short compressed length is all standard options you can order from King. Personally I think the Fox 2.0 7/8" shaft remote reservoir race shocks are adequate (unless you'll be racing in the desert), and have better shafts and seals than the King performance line for less money.