Sponsored

Anyone here sell their Jeep to Vroom?

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
My ordered JLUR came in. I'll be picking up in a couple weeks when Tread Lightly discount kicks in. The best price I've gotten for my 2016 JKU was through Vroom. What should I expect if I go this route? The vehicle is paid off with title in hand. Their reviews aren't the greatest but most of the bad ones seem to be from purchasing a vehicle from them. Just looking for some insight from members on here.
Sponsored

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JLUR, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Construction
My ordered JLUR came in. I'll be picking up in a couple weeks when Tread Lightly discount kicks in. The best price I've gotten for my 2016 JKU was through Vroom. What should I expect if I go this route? The vehicle is paid off with title in hand. Their reviews aren't the greatest but most of the bad ones seem to be from purchasing a vehicle from them. Just looking for some insight from members on here.
Iā€™m almost done with the process selling my JLUR to Vroom. Just need to schedule pickup. I have had better experiences to be honest but Iā€™ve learned patience is key. They messed up not sending all the paperwork I needed to sign and also forgot to send a return label for the 2nd fedex packet. I also had to prompt them multiple times on what the next step is in the process. Their communication or lack there of has been the worst part. Most of the reps that I talked to have been a little difficult to understand (foreign sounding). I have been at it for almost a month and still donā€™t have a vehicle pick up date scheduled. It hasnā€™t all been bad but it feels like their mistakes are easily fixable.

Mike8194

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
Have not used Vroom, but Carvana was so simple. Sold 2 cars to Carvana, one in Nov 20 and one in March 21. Entered VIN and details online for estimate. Took pics of title, odometer, and DL and uploaded to website. They came and picked up cars in under a week. Money was direct deposited within 24hrs. Still shocked how easy the process was and how much they offered (and paid).

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Just finished getting rid of a car through carvana today actually, and it was not at all easy or simple. In the future, I will probably leave up to 1000$ on the table to avoid using Carvana. If you want the story, keep reading, but TLDR is carvana sucks if anything about your order ends up irregular, because they seem to run no support at all and rely on automation too much.

I had a standard car sale, nearly new, 12k miles in perfect condition with both keys and a simple payoff.

1st visit Monday 10AM. They fucked up the check by a decimal point (how???), had to reschedule for the afternoon @ 1:30PM.
Afternoon rolls around, I call to verify the appointment time, they confirm.
Appointment time rolls around, they call a few minutes after the scheduled time to tell me they can't fix the issue, and also my offer expired so I need to resubmit for payment.

Resubmitting results in a 4% lower offer, but w/e just want to get it done and it's still over KBB. Earliest new appointment is today. Set it for 3:30. I get a confirmation email when I set the appointment on Tuesday, and then an appointment confirmation email and text this morning.

No one calls and 3:30 rolls around and it's no call no show. I have absolutely no options because calling in gets a "greater than 1 hr" waiting message and chat is a bot that can't do any actual resolutions except schedule a text back, which is also a greater than an hour wait time, and there's no other options on the website to address the fact that my appointment is a no call no show. Even rescheduling it would mean setting back another 3 days, which I didn't really want to do.

I leave it on speaker and just wait it out. Greater than an hour apparently means 2hr 30. Chat agent gets back to me at around 90 minutes later via text. It's around 5pm and he texts me "You're scheduled today for pickup at 3:30PM :)" Fuckin smiley face. I explain I haven't been contacted, and that my appointment has already been delayed due to Carvana error, and he calls "the HUB" and says he'll get back to me. He tells me the HUB says an agent will call "soon." I clarify and he says soon is 15 minutes. 20 minutes later I text I haven't gotten a call. He says he will check in again. An hour goes by before I hear from him, but in the mean time the phone agent finally answers.

I explain the situation to the phone agent and they put me on hold to call the HUB. The HUB says the agent called me and I didn't answer. I tell the phone agent that I can 100% confirm I did not receive a call. I went so far as to check my ATT call history. No call, no voicemail, no record of a call from my mobile provider. She also tells me that the HUB should be contacting me with an updated pickup time. I let her know I need a better answer, because at this point the chat agent has told me twice they will call 'soon' and they still haven't, plus the whole no-call-no-show and now claiming to have called and left a voicemail which doesn't exist. She says they can put in a ticket for corporate to review and offers to reup my offer to the original one that shouldn't have been cancelled on Monday anyway.

After about an hour on the phone with her, she has cleared an extra check for the difference in price to be overnighted and submitted a corporate ticket, as well as checked in with the HUB twice to see where the agent is at.

The agent finally arrived at 7:57, 4 1/2 hours from the original scheduled time. I spent 4 of those hours on the phone trying to get help, 2 1/2 of those 4 hours waiting to first speak to an agent. I was told that the agent 'would call me soon' 6 times and they never did.

And all of this from their agent or system errors for what should've been a super simple transaction.

MikeLSV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I sold a 4Runner TRD Pro to Carvana 2 weeks ago and it was completely painless. They offered me $500 more than Vroom and everything was very smooth. I actually got two estimates from them, one week apart in early May - the second offer went up $1500 so I pulled the trigger while waiting for my ordered 4xe JLUR. From the time I accepted the second offer to the time my 4Runner was loaded on their truck was 6 days. I wouldnā€™t hesitate to use them again.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Thought Iā€™d share my Vroom story for the sale of my 2021 JLU Rubi. The short story:
- sold it to Vroom for more than I paid for it 18 months ago at $54,000!
- processing took longer than Iā€™d expect (see timeline below), but worth it for $4K more than Carvana or CarMax
- happy with the outcome, would use them again (if not in a rush)

Background:
1/15 - Carvana appraisal - $40,100
4/19 - Carvana appraisal - $50,100
4/19 - CarMax appraisal - $49,000 - had to go into the store
4/19 - Vroom appraisal - $49,500
4/22 - Day before appraisal expires an increase of $500 to $50,000

The final deal:
4/23 - Vroom appraisal - $54,000
4/30 - accepted appraisal, sent in my details
5/7 - requested for more information, the back of my DL
5/12 - paperwork to sign for the sale - a one page doc that needed a signature
5/18 - carrier assigned for pick up
5/25 - picked up
5/27 - check sent by FEDEX
5/28 - check received

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/carvana-or-vroom.71119/

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I sold my wifeā€™s CRV through Shift, they offered the best price and was a fairly easy process. You got the quote online, called to schedule an appointment for their rep to come to your house, they checked out the car and did their deductions for anything you may have not been entirely truthful about or worn tires, etc. Then if you agree to accept the final quote, they take the car to their inspection facility for a more thorough inspection to make sure thereā€™s no hidden damage or whatever. Then 24-48 hours later, they confirm everything is good and transfer the funds to your bank account.

If you end up using Shift, I have a referral code that gives you an bonus $100 Amazon gift card

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I sold my 2013 JK to Vroom, which gave me a higher price than Carvana. The wait for the payment check was minimal in my case; it was sent via FedEx overnight.

I wouldn't have a problem using Vroom again.

GreggNY

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR- Billet
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone received a substantially lower payment from the appraisal price after Vroom or Carvana actually gets the vehicle and looks at it? I saw one review saying that the appraisal price can be changed after they see the vehicle in person, and if you decline the new offer, it's on you to get it shipped back to you. No clue if all this is true, so hopefully people here with first hand info can confirm. Thanks in advance.

JimmyR75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2014 JK ā€” Previous: 2004 TJ, 1994 YJ
Has anyone received a substantially lower payment from the appraisal price after Vroom or Carvana actually gets the vehicle and looks at it? I saw one review saying that the appraisal price can be changed after they see the vehicle in person, and if you decline the new offer, it's on you to get it shipped back to you. No clue if all this is true, so hopefully people here with first hand info can confirm. Thanks in advance.
The possibility of that happening scares the crap out of me.

Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
VROOM just dropped my new Jeep and picked up my old yesterday. The process isnt that bad, and like Bill said, requires patience. I had a few hiccups with title work and electronic back and forth but nothing to worry about. The key with VROOM is being organized. I was able to get them what they needed quickly without it sitting in my inbox for days. I used my own credit union for financing and let the loan officer play middle-man. It was weird buying a car I didnt drive or see, other than in pictures, but I am pleased with what showed up on the flat bed.

IMG-0652.JPG

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,

This is my fear as well, started the sale to Vroom, and it seems to take quite a bit of hand holding/prompting to keep the ball rolling.

I take comfort in my JLR I'm selling them still is under factory warranty. It is very clean.

If they try shenanigans we can start there, if they balk at anything I'll just go to where it is and pick it up.

I also, and really this is where the comfort is, think these companies are trying to build a new industry. Short of a seller misrepresenting a salvage title or hail/flood damage I imagine they understand they may need to eat a few lemons in order to gain public trust and build market share. The Last thing they want is you or I or anyone else, with as in my case a clean virtually new JLR with less than 9000 miles, getting a run around on the sale price and reporting it here, or anywhere else. All they need is to do that once, and their attempted business model could be damaged beyond repair.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
This is my fear as well, started the sale to Vroom, and it seems to take quite a bit of hand holding/prompting to keep the ball rolling.

I take comfort in my JLR I'm selling them still is under factory warranty. It is very clean.

If they try shenanigans we can start there, if they balk at anything I'll just go to where it is and pick it up.

I also, and really this is where the comfort is, think these companies are trying to build a new industry. Short of a seller misrepresenting a salvage title or hail/flood damage I imagine they understand they may need to eat a few lemons in order to gain public trust and build market share. The Last thing they want is you or I or anyone else, with as in my case a clean virtually new JLR with less than 9000 miles, getting a run around on the sale price and reporting it here, or anywhere else. All they need is to do that once, and their attempted business model could be damaged beyond repair.
You are correct, this is a new business model and they are willing to take a loss to gain market share. I fully expect this business model to severely put a dent in the traditional used car dealership experience sort of like Uber did to the taxi cab indusrty. It may take a few years, but I believe it is here to stay.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Judging by the number of positive vs negative experiences, seems that our chances of having a good experience with these new business models appears to be 50/50 at best,

My one and only experience with Carvana sucked. I called off the deal after 10 days of endless frustrations.

Which means that next time I deal with them again I should have a positive experience... šŸ˜«

I sure hope this is not the way of the future.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I sold my JLR to Vroom. They offered several thousand more than the competitors. I actually got MORE than what I originally paid new 2 years ago. Process was very smooth. You just need to be accurate and honest about the condition of your vehicle. Mine was perfect. I got paid exactly what their offer was. They FedEx me a check. I got the check the next morning after picking up my Wrangler. Total of 6 days from offer and acceptance to payment. I would do business with them again without hesitation.
Sponsored