Sponsored

Anyone here have Selec-Trac Full Time 4WD System?

JeepJLNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid
Worth the upgrade? I do like the idea of an All Time 4WD mode in the transfer case in situations where there is torrential downpours or freezing rain on the interstate.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepJLNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid
Or has tested it? I am curious if this option is worth the price to have a 5th option in the transfer case to enable full time 4WD on the Sahara.

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I've got it and have been pretty happy with the performance in crappy highway conditions. I've had this type of system in a few vehicles, (Ram truck, Land Rover LR4, Ford truck, Grand Cherokee) and have always been happy with it.

Worth the price? Depends on the individual and how much driving you do in crappy conditions. My experience is that it's also great on dirt/gravel roads. Anytime where you have quickly varying driving conditions and high speed.

The concept has been around for many years and in many, many vehicles, both light and heavy duty, so this is well tested technology.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
After reading about all these stories of everyone having a hard time shifting into 4hi, I'm just gonna get select trac for the ease of use.

Sponsored

Birdman

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL
Have it in my nacho jlsu opted for that instead of the safety tech option blind spot detection. Didn’t like that and all it really is a light goes off in your mirror dumb

3390C578-8C89-4B16-91F9-2584A94F5E52.jpeg

Birdman

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL
Sorry forgot to say have it and love it great option all time 4 wheel drive I live in Vancouver BC rains 7-8 months and good for going up to the mountains in the snow.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Worth the upgrade? I do like the idea of an All Time 4WD mode in the transfer case in situations where there is torrential downpours or freezing rain on the interstate.
As a person who grew up in Minnesota and has driven through the winters here for over 50 years I can tell you that 4WD is absolutely no help on ice when traveling at highway speeds. 4WD will help you get going from a standing stop on icy conditions but the only way to safely drive on ice is to SLOW DOWN!

And we have a saying in Minnesota: “Having 4WD only means you you can get stuck in DEEPER snow than the other guy” lol!

Last edited:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
After reading about all these stories of everyone having a hard time shifting into 4hi, I'm just gonna get select trac for the ease of use.
The first two times I went from 2HI to 4HI needed a lot of effort, but since then it goes a lot smoother. Not beating up on the Select-Trac system though.

roadwolf

First Name
Rodolphe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7 "DiXIE" 1985 4.2, Chevy pick up 1987, Jeep WJ 4.7 H.O. Overland 2003
I would like to know if somebody can take a picture of the linkage (under the body) of the select-trac transfert case to see if it is still a fully mechanic activated system ?

Thanks in adancance dor your help.
Sponsored