Sponsored

Anyone here have both JL & JLU (or JLR JLUR) in your garage?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just curious which one you like better for fun, 4x4 prowess, overall performance, comfort. TIA, and if you do have both how lucky are you???
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Hmm I think @TankGirl and her husband own both?
Negative on that - she has a JLS but @TTEChris has a JLUR. Personally I like hers more, at least by appearance :angel:

Edit - just realized you weren't excluding the Rubis from the question, so they would qualify :like:

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
My wife has a 4dr Sport, I have a 4dr Rubicon, and my business partner has a 2dr Rubicon.

Having driven them all I prefer the 6spd 2dr for all around driving "fun". If I knew from the start my wife would want a JL, I would have purchased a 2dr myself(Just from my experience with the JK 2dr & 4dr). We have four younger boys, so my initial thought was the more space the better, and if I wanted to fit all of us I could add a jump seat and roll bar extension to the rear for offroad trips. Now that we always take two Jeeps it wouldn't matter if I had a 2dr or 4dr.

Comfort is similar in both with the 4dr feeling slightly more stable at highway speeds with heavy winds.

Offroad it's a tossup for me. The shorter wheelbase makes maneuvering on tight trails much easier, and you are less likely to high center. The longer wheelbase does make for a better feeling on climbs/descents.
trektop nx.jpg

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Have a 4 door JLUR 3.6l and wife has 2 door JLR 2.0l. City driving i like the 2 door with the 2.0, it's quick, tight turn radius and shorter than the JLUR for parking. Highway i prefer the 3.6 JLUR, i like the sound better and just feels like it's a tank. Haven't had either offroad.
Sponsored