First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it’s VERY conflicting for sure
I think it makes sense. The EXTENDED WARRANTY states it does not cover Mopar performance parts, which it doesn’t. The PERFORMANCE PARTS WARRANTY states it’s the 24 months, etc., which it is. Two different warranties. One covering the whole vehicle as it left the factory, and one covering a specific part/parts added afterwards.
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I think it makes sense. The EXTENDED WARRANTY states it does not cover Mopar performance parts, which it doesn’t. The PERFORMANCE PARTS WARRANTY states it’s the 24 months, etc., which it is. Two different warranties. One covering the whole vehicle as it left the factory, and one covering a specific part/parts added afterwards.
Thank you for being so smart Mark!

OP
OP
Pic18

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I agree with this quote above. It’s what we already knew. But the quote below leads me to believe there’s more

“Lift kit coverage options are now available on eligible Jeep® Brand and Ram Brand vehicles with a mechanical plan.”

I may try to get to a dealer and ask. But you know how that is, it’ll probably be news to them. Then they’ll make up something to sound like they know what they are talking about. We’ll see.

garfieldtcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
I called the Mopar warranty dept and asked about it.

The story I got was that if you tried to buy an extended warranty after your Jeep was lifted, they wouldn't sell it to you before. This option means that now they will. There is a $495 surcharge on top of the existing warranty prices.

If you get a Mopar lift, it will be covered under the extended warranty for the life of the extended warranty (I'm still not convinced about this one).
If you have an aftermarket lift, it will not be covered under the extended warranty, but the rest of the warranty will stay in effect regardless of the lift.
There is a limit of a 4" lift allowed. There is no set limit on the size of the tires you can run with the lift, just don't go crazy. I bet if you put 40s on there, they wouldn't honor it.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I called the Mopar warranty dept and asked about it.

The story I got was that if you tried to buy an extended warranty after your Jeep was lifted, they wouldn't sell it to you before. This option means that now they will. There is a $495 surcharge on top of the existing warranty prices.

If you get a Mopar lift, it will be covered under the extended warranty for the life of the extended warranty (I'm still not convinced about this one).
If you have an aftermarket lift, it will not be covered under the extended warranty, but the rest of the warranty will stay in effect regardless of the lift.
There is a limit of a 4" lift allowed. There is no set limit on the size of the tires you can run with the lift, just don't go crazy. I bet if you put 40s on there, they wouldn't honor it.
Thank you for getting some clarity on this. A lot of people in here talking (including myself) just guessing!

I’m surprised they went to 4”. I was always told don’t go over 3”.. I learned something new today haha

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Thank you for getting some clarity on this. A lot of people in here talking (including myself) just guessing!

I’m surprised they went to 4”. I was always told don’t go over 3”.. I learned something new today haha
The 2" Mopar lift actually yields about 3.5 inches of lift on a Sport/Sahara.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The 2" Mopar lift actually yields about 3.5 inches of lift on a Sport/Sahara.
I knew that but it’s listed as a 2” lift quote unquote. I’m glad people reported back on that because I personally wouldn’t want over 2.5” lift anyways. But I’m sure that Mopar lift settles lower though eventually..
Sponsored