Sponsored

Anyone heard of this?

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I haven’t been to a dealer to ask about this, but I was under the impression that lift kits were not covered under the extended warranties.

3C017CEE-9C21-4C99-96D9-0362AE692766.png
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I had my dealer install the lift kit for me, and they told me if I had any issues just come back to them anytime and they'll take care of it, guess that means it's covered?

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
There is probably SO MANY conditions to that it’ll knock your socks off.

It’s got to be installed by the dealership or sub-contracted out by your dealership to an approved shop.

It’s got to be a Fox Mopar lift.

It’s got to be done during your warranty period.

Blah blah blah blah

Would be curious to know what they tell you though. No way in hell though they would cover any aftermarket lift or personal install. I wouldn’t imagine anyways... Ya never know though!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I had my dealer install the lift kit for me, and they told me if I had any issues just come back to them anytime and they'll take care of it, guess that means it's covered?
Some dealerships are cool like that, mine is, I guess it depends on the GM

I would imagine there is a line in the sand though. If you had habitual problems I don’t think they’d continue though

OP
OP
Pic18

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is probably SO MANY conditions to that it’ll knock your socks off.

It’s got to be installed by the dealership or sub-contracted out by your dealership to an approved shop.

It’s got to be a Fox Mopar lift.

It’s got to be done during your warranty period.

Blah blah blah blah

Would be curious to know what they tell you though. No way in hell though they would cover any aftermarket lift or personal install. I wouldn’t imagine anyways... Ya never know though!
I agree with all the conditions. I just thought those Mopar parts were covered for 2 years from purchase of the part, or for the duration of the original 3 year 36,000 mile warranty the vehicle comes with new.

Since I purchased the lifetime warranty, I’m wondering if there is an option to have it covered for the same amount of time assuming the dealer installs the Mopar lift.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pic18

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Page 4 of my Mopar Extended Warranty says this:

610B0E01-FAA8-4826-86B5-FD5A8A35F668.png

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Page 4 of my Mopar Extended Warranty says this:

610B0E01-FAA8-4826-86B5-FD5A8A35F668.png
I knew ‘authorized dealer’ would be in there somewhere, also it’s Mopar accessories only.

In other words if you purchase a Mopar lift, it should be covered for a long time since it’s OEM and installed by an authorized dealer.

Bic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Unlimited Sport S
"NOTE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME." Isn't the Mopar lift kit a "Mopar Performance Part"?

OP
OP
Pic18

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"NOTE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME." Isn't the Mopar lift kit a "Mopar Performance Part"?
That’s what I’m thinking. Which is why I’m wondering if there’s a new provision being provided. That’s what my first post from the Mopar website suggests

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I knew ‘authorized dealer’ would be in there somewhere, also it’s Mopar accessories only.

In other words if you purchase a Mopar lift, it should be covered for a long time since it’s OEM and installed by an authorized dealer.
The first part of the description for the Mopar 2” lift kit is “Jeep Performance Parts 2 inch Lift Kit has been developed by...”

The picture of the extended warranty above says in big bold letters, “NOTE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME”

Here is the warranty info from the Mopar Performance parts website, note you need the part number to read it so here is the part number first:

Mopar Performance Parts Beginning with "770..."

Mopar® Basic Limited Warranty Except as noted below, Mopar® Performance Parts beginning with "770..." installed by an authorized FCA US LLC dealership or Studio, including Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT® and Alfa Romeo locations are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/ unlimited miles from date of purchase for both parts and labor. Mopar parts sold wholesale to an automotive service facility and installed by a professional technician are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for parts and up to $150.00 in labor. Mopar parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts sold over-the-counter for vehicle owner or do-it-yourself installation are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for parts exchange only. Mopar parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts replaced on an FCA US LLC vehicle still covered by the FCA US LLC New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty are warranted for the remainder of the 3-year/36,000-Mile New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty, or for the Mopar 24-month Basic Limited Warranty from the original installation date, whichever is more favorable to the customer. CUSTOMER MUST KEEP ORIGINAL RECEIPT

So, I’d say that’s what the coverage is currently without looking into the original question the OP posed.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Warranty on junk. They'll say you offroaded it and deny the coverage anyway, best to cut all ties with Mopar after you have bought your Jeep. I told my sales guy standing next to the service manager "you'll never see me again unless the engine blows up", he said "oh that never happens", I said "good, have a nice life" and drove off.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Nothing in the warranty or owners manual voids coverage for going off-road. It’s an off-road vehicle. Its all on the dealership to do their jobs, and there’s plenty of them around for when one won’t.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The first part of the description for the Mopar 2” lift kit is “Jeep Performance Parts 2 inch Lift Kit has been developed by...”

The picture of the extended warranty above says in big bold letters, “NOTE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME”

Here is the warranty info from the Mopar Performance parts website, note you need the part number to read it so here is the part number first:

Mopar Performance Parts Beginning with "770..."

Mopar® Basic Limited Warranty Except as noted below, Mopar® Performance Parts beginning with "770..." installed by an authorized FCA US LLC dealership or Studio, including Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT® and Alfa Romeo locations are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/ unlimited miles from date of purchase for both parts and labor. Mopar parts sold wholesale to an automotive service facility and installed by a professional technician are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for parts and up to $150.00 in labor. Mopar parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts sold over-the-counter for vehicle owner or do-it-yourself installation are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for parts exchange only. Mopar parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts replaced on an FCA US LLC vehicle still covered by the FCA US LLC New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty are warranted for the remainder of the 3-year/36,000-Mile New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty, or for the Mopar 24-month Basic Limited Warranty from the original installation date, whichever is more favorable to the customer. CUSTOMER MUST KEEP ORIGINAL RECEIPT

So, I’d say that’s what the coverage is currently without looking into the original question the OP posed.
Makes no sense for them to have a warranty and not cover their own parts but it does say it at the end there you’re right haha

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
That’s what I’m thinking. Which is why I’m wondering if there’s a new provision being provided. That’s what my first post from the Mopar website suggests
Yeah it’s VERY conflicting for sure

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
It looks like it is 2 different warranties. Your lifetime does not cover performance parts, but the Extended X protection covers your lift. At least, that's how I see it :like:
Sponsored