Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to share with you guys, we installed our iDrive last week, been running it for a while now and it makes hte JT drive so much better. We have adaptive cruise control and we never would be able to keep the correct speed when going up a hill, this corrects the problem and keeps it at whatever you set cruise too... here is our video, and test.

Sponsored

Last edited:

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Notice any difference in gas mileage

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
What is iDrive (not “iDive” per the video title)? I’m not watching the video

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What is iDrive (not “iDive” per the video title)? I’m not watching the video
posted it from my phone and there is no way to edit the post title, i put in a request to the admin to fix it, but they not always on..

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Peddlecomander on my last JK & it was great having control of my throttle input. just like Idrive

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Peddlecomander on my last JK & it was great having control of my throttle input. just like Idrive
ya its amazing on how many people keep telling me there is no difference and this thing doesn't do anything... I didn't believe it until i installed it, makes a big difference..

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
ya its amazing on how many people keep telling me there is no difference and this thing doesn't do anything... I didn't believe it until i installed it, makes a big difference..
I know people didn't believe me either but I never could have it turned up all the way because of the peddle was too touchy , I set it middle setting. made it fun to drive.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know people didn't believe me either but I never could have it turned up all the way because of the peddle was too touchy , I set it middle setting. made it fun to drive.
agreed people on FB are telling me it doesn't make it better to drive, they are so wrong.. oh well maybe one day they will try it on their own and they will see.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Will it help with 37 inch tires not down shifting so much

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Will it help with 37 inch tires not down shifting so much
wold of a difference...... no more searching for gears, its really nice now.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to share with you guys, we installed our iDrive last week, been running it for a while now and it makes hte JT drive so much better. We have adaptive cruise control and we never would be able to keep the correct speed when going up a hill, this corrects the problem and keeps it at whatever you set cruise too... here is our video, and test.
Seriously? Then you had a problem with the truck. I just made a trip to Indiana and back with mine. Used ACC almost all the way there and back, I drove there, my wife drove 2/3 of the way back - both of us using ACC - it stayed pretty much spot on the set speed the whole time, hills and all and we have some long hefty grades on I80 here in Iowa. No issues. I was hauling an antique engine and some other stuff, probably 400 pounds in the back, and myself and my wife.
We'd get into traffic, trucks on the hills, it would slow us down, we'd finally be able to get over into the left lane and it would speed us back up and resume our normal set speed and all would be fine. Zero issues with adaptive cruise. She loved it. She didn't realize she had it on her '18 Grand Cherokee, she's been using it on her Jeep now since then and loves it.
Even on my trip to Omaha a few weeks ago hauling my trailer, I used ACC - it kept on speed, easily staying within less than 1 MPH of set speed.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously? Then you had a problem with the truck. I just made a trip to Indiana and back with mine. Used ACC almost all the way there and back, I drove there, my wife drove 2/3 of the way back - both of us using ACC - it stayed pretty much spot on the set speed the whole time, hills and all and we have some long hefty grades on I80 here in Iowa. No issues. I was hauling an antique engine and some other stuff, probably 400 pounds in the back, and myself and my wife.
We'd get into traffic, trucks on the hills, it would slow us down, we'd finally be able to get over into the left lane and it would speed us back up and resume our normal set speed and all would be fine. Zero issues with adaptive cruise. She loved it. She didn't realize she had it on her '18 Grand Cherokee, she's been using it on her Jeep now since then and loves it.
Even on my trip to Omaha a few weeks ago hauling my trailer, I used ACC - it kept on speed, easily staying within less than 1 MPH of set speed.
Are you stock ? With 5.13 and 37 tent and rack our can not maintain speed on hills or slow downs but now it’s good.

rdcox23

First Name
R.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Are you stock ? With 5.13 and 37 tent and rack our can not maintain speed on hills or slow downs but now it’s good.
Maybe this is an ignorant question, but would this make any difference on a a manual transmission JT?

coreoski

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Test Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe this is an ignorant question, but would this make any difference on a a manual transmission JT?
It shouldn't. The ACC logic is much simpler for a manual.

After testing mine, I can shift and keep ACC active, all the vehicle has to do is accelerate or decelerate to match the velocity of the vehicle ahead.
Sponsored

Last edited: