Sponsored

Anyone having issues with clutch engagement and feel?

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
That is correct as far as removal. I actually had mine out and it felt great as far as feel goes.... i did how ever put it back in because the pedal was vibrating and it was sitting about a quarter inch lower then stock.

AS far as grease, I gave up on that. After a bit the grease gets contaminated with dirt and dust and makes it sticky again so.

Long story short, gotta live with the creak i guess? :facepalm:
Mine was really creaky when I got it but seems to have gotten better as the miles rack up. If the squeak comes back I'll probably try some bicycle chain lube because its not supposed to attract dirt.

BeFunky-collage-2020-09-16T130735.013.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
SirMagnus89

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Mine was really creaky when I got it but seems to have gotten better as the miles rack up. If the squeak comes back I'll probably try some bicycle chain lube because its not supposed to attract dirt.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone having issues with clutch engagement and feel? BeFunky-collage-2020-09-16T130735.013
Maybe ill give that a try. I have lube for my motorcycle chain that i never thought of using.

OP
OP
SirMagnus89

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
So interesting update. I put a heavier, wider tire on (265/70R17 General Grabber ATx) and its seems like its way less jerky and actually nicer to drive. I don't know if its the fact of the weather being cooler and not humid or if the added rotational mass made shifting easier...... Or im crazy. Who knows.

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
My ‘18 manual JLUR feels and shifts great, it just doesn’t sound great. I have pedal creak with every shift. Just had it in for recall and mentioned the creak.

I was told by dealer service it’s mechanically fine and could either pay for a new clutch (I’m at 40k miles) or turn the radio up! :headbang:

if anyone has a solution for the creaking clutch pedal, please share. It makes me crazy to hear it with each shift.
That's interesting; my clutch pedal started to creak when I got it back from the recall work last July. I kept meaning to get under the dash and try to lube it and never got around to it. Now either it's gone or I've just gotten used to it. I'll try to remember to listen for it on the way home tonight.
Sponsored