DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone run with a similar trailer? I'm thinking of this little Viking. It would be able to be pulled on light trails but mainly I would set it up as a home base and run trails with the Jeep only. It comes with an off-road package that includes larger 15" tires and a "flipped" axle for additional ground clearance.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Looks cool and the dry weight is attractive. I haven’t heard of these before. Base price isn’t too bad either.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Nice little setup and price.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
great price. I wonder about quality tho.
I've seen them in person. It appears typical for the industry. Nothing special, but serviceable, from what I've seen.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I looked at one of these but it just didnt have enough space for my needs. I ended up with a NoBo 10.6 that worked out much better for me.

The one you listed would be fine for a quick trip but I couldnt see making it work for a 5-7 day trip.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I looked at one of these but it just didnt have enough space for my needs. I ended up with a NoBo 10.6 that worked out much better for me.

The one you listed would be fine for a quick trip but I couldnt see making it work for a 5-7 day trip.
as you said, it is all about one needs. This little viking would be more than enough for me and the wife, even for a long trip. We spend the entire day out and about. When cooking breakfast/dinner I prefer cooking outside. The little time that we spend at camp, being out reading by a fire or inside a heated gazebo works great for us. Shower and bathroom we use an outdoor enclosure. To me it makes no difference if the trailer has more than a bed inside because we wouldn't use it.

Just for reference, me, the wife and our 2 year old camp inside a 5x8 teardrop that's smaller than the viking, although our mattress is 4 inches wider. We were happy with a ground tent but you can't beat the sleeping comfort of a 6inch mattress + heated/insulated cabin of a trailer. We rarely got a full night sleep in the tent. With the teardrop we sleep straight through the night.

So for anyone who is not intending to spend too much time inside the trailer I think the viking will work.
Sponsored