Anyone have this happen to their scissor jack?

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
How's the fit in the standard storage compartment with the large base? I haven't opened mine up to investigate.
I haven't tried storing it in the spot where the factory jack is located because it just looks too big. I think it might fit OK in the cargo tub, but I carry other supplies in that spot. Not a big deal though. When I drive around town, I just leave it at home, but will load it up with all my other gear when I go off road. It really doesn't take up much space and is worth the peace of mind.

Reactions: RZ.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
You more or less get what you pay for. If this works for you, great. Be careful around jacks, regardless of source.
Yep. I splurged on a US Jack. Not only are they built well, but I was counting on that quality translating into not leaking in the storage compartment.

Jinksnyou

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangle Unlimited Sport
Went to jack up the Jeep to put a jack stand underneath to remove those verdammt wheel spacers, and it shifted and fell of the jack (only a few inches).

However, it was enough that the base of the jack got torqued and the "teeth" on the base got pushed out of whack as seen below.

gj4FK86.jpg

NdrSEh1.jpg

I tried banging on the base with anything solid enough to let me and bupkis. It's stuck this way forever far as I can tell.

Has anyone else had this happen and if so, how did you fix it? Actually fix the old jack somehow or just s**tcan it and get a new one?

Inquiring minds want to know. I went out and got a 2.5T floor jack and that thing's the bee's knees, unfortunately it's way too awkward and large to actually keep in the rig for emergency use.
Adjustable Rifle Rest.jpg

I never trusted them much but I found a better light weight use for them

Reactions: RZ.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
OK...here's the last update on my unnecessarily long HMMWV jack saga! Since the Safe Jack pad was a little loose on the ram, I found a 1" diameter copper sleeve at Lowe's, cut about 1/2" off of it and slid it right over the ram. Fits nice and snug on the ram, but a little looser inside the jack pad receiver, allowing it to swivel freely...not sloppily like it was before. Granted, I could have accomplished the same thing with a little duct tape, but the copper sleeve is more durable, less chintzy, and won't melt goopy sticky stuff when my jack sits inside a 200-degree vehicle.

IMG_4564.JPG

IMG_4563.JPG

AccuAir Banner 1