Sponsored

Anyone have the Bestop Trektop NX Soft Top, Black Diamond?

Caresjap

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Anyone have this top? The question I have is when switching from soft top to hard top do you have to remove all the brackets? Can any of the pieces stay on? TYIA
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have this top? The question I have is when switching from soft top to hard top do you have to remove all the brackets? Can any of the pieces stay on? TYIA
They all come off when you switch back to the hard top. Its actually pretty easy and only takes 15 minutes or less to take the trektop off entirely.

OP
OP
Caresjap

Caresjap

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
They all come off when you switch back to the hard top. Its actually pretty easy and only takes 15 minutes or less to take the trektop off entirely.
so it’s just time consuming putting the top together for the first time? I’m just looking at all these pieces wondering what the heck I got myself into.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
so it’s just time consuming putting the top together for the first time? I’m just looking at all these pieces wondering what the heck I got myself into.
Oh yeah, getting it together is the infuriating part. But once it is together it can be removed in one piece when you want to go back to the hard top. Then the back corner pieces will have to come off too.

Mangoman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Pharma R&D
It’s definitely a lot easier to take off and put back on after the initial installation. I wouldn’t get scared off by it.

C090044F-5E56-4682-A8FB-A1C40E822F2D.jpeg

Sponsored

JL_Hoff

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep SRT, 2011 Jeep JKUR (sold), 2004 Aprilia RST1000
I am considering this top and being able to quickly switch to the hard top is very important to me. Do any of you have pics of what it looks like when it comes off. I have heard others also say it comes off in one piece. That sounds clumsy/unwieldily to have the soft-top, metal bars and plastic door surrounds all bolted together. It sounds difficult to store as well. That said, I totally believe you all. It would just be nice to know the right way to do this. Thanks!

Mangoman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Pharma R&D
I am considering this top and being able to quickly switch to the hard top is very important to me. Do any of you have pics of what it looks like when it comes off. I have heard others also say it comes off in one piece. That sounds clumsy/unwieldily to have the soft-top, metal bars and plastic door surrounds all bolted together. It sounds difficult to store as well. That said, I totally believe you all. It would just be nice to know the right way to do this. Thanks!
The door surrounds aren’t attached when you take it off. When I remove the top, only the hinged bar is attached. The back two are separate. It folds up to about two feet wide.
Sorry no pics of it off, as it is already on my Jeep for the season.

asgeyer

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Firecracker Red
Ordered mine yesterday from Quadratec! Mine should be here tomorrow. I know what I'm doing this weekend....

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The door surrounds aren’t attached when you take it off. When I remove the top, only the hinged bar is attached. The back two are separate. It folds up to about two feet wide.
Sorry no pics of it off, as it is already on my Jeep for the season.
/\ This /\

Iwantfullauto

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I installed mine a few months ago. So far I am very happy with it. It does not make any flapping noise up to atleast 80mph, and is pretty easy to use.

After installing it I can see where it should not take too long to pull it off when going back to the hard top. Most of the install is putting all the little parts together, and there's no reason to take it down that far when pulling it off for the hard top.

I'm really enjoying mine and love being able to go nearly topless but still have everything I need in case I get caught in the rain. I stash the side windows under my tuffy cargo cover, and roll up the back window and tailgate bar and secure it to the top off the cargo cover. Then I unsnap the rear of the top and stow it under the folded back sun rider. Almost 100% topless, in fact most of what left is above the sound bar anyway.

James

20200220_181957.jpg
Sponsored