Sponsored

Anyone have the AMP power steps on their JL?

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Looking to install a pair of AMP power steps on my Rubi. Anyone have them on their JL? I seen a lot of JKs, but no Jl’s yet.
Sponsored

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Although not JL, I have it on my 2004 Duramax. It’s been a solid power step even till today!

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
They make an awesome step. I sold a ton of them and have owned them. If you sre in the dirt a lot, the motor/hinge assemblies need to be kept very clean. Also, if you plan on really wheeling your jeep, they will not take a hit. For normal on-road use, every two years or so, they need to be cleaned and lubed. If you need an actual step, nothing comes close to them because they are so wide and drop down low.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Looking to install a pair of AMP power steps on my Rubi. Anyone have them on their JL? I seen a lot of JKs, but no Jl’s yet.
I got an email from 4wheelparts today that said mine have been shipped.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
We got them installed today. The instructions said 3-5 hours and we had 6-7 but took our time. Installing the boards is the easy part. The wiring under the pass side kick panel is where it gets hard. No way i could do it. My wife [5'2"] could get down there to make the connections. You have to tie into 3 different harness's and it's tight. No wires to cut, they have posi lock connectors that work well. They work great, quality product. This is our 3rd set, had them on a 16 JKU and a 13 F150

Sponsored

Bragz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu
I have them installed on my JL. I just added the manual activatuon switch for when the doors are off. I can hit the switch and the steps stilk come down when doors are off.

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
I have them installed on my JL. I just added the manual activatuon switch for when the doors are off. I can hit the switch and the steps stilk come down when doors are off.
Just curious, where did you end up mounting the manual switch? Trying to decide on a good location.

Bragz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu
Just curious, where did you end up mounting the manual switch? Trying to decide on a good location.
I mounted my switch in the driver side kick panel trim. Just above the removable access door to the wiring harness that you pull to take door off. With my jeep lifted its just a easy spot for me to hit the switch there when the doors are off. Thats the only time i use it and its not in a eye sore spot.

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Any more Info on these steps? Looking to buy them soon

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
Any more Info on these steps? Looking to buy them soon
-The steps are great. NIce and wide with a great textured finish.

-The XL model is far and away better looking on the Wrangler than the standard model. Looks almost like the original Rubi rails are still installed.

-That being said, do not get these if you really need rock rails...they are aluminum and not strong enough to take serious hits or support the vehicle weight. Rockslide Engineering is the power step you need for rock crawling.

Sponsored

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
These are mine. They've been great so far. I've had them for 2 winters. Ice/slush can sometimes freeze in the moving areas and it will stop retracting as it thinks there is an obstruction, but I just push it with my foot a little as it closes. It is rare occurence only on closing, always opened just fine.

Blackey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon JL
I havethem on my 2020 rubicon recon and really love them. They were a necessity for me or go with smaller tires and loose the clearance. If you do the math for 5 tires mounted and balanced I’d bet the steps are cheaper,

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
Bringing this back from the dead.

Recently got a JLUR with these steps. They’re cool and all but I plan on going off road.

How much work is it to yank these off?
If I do take them off road and try to open the door when there’s an obstruction will they just go back up?
Anyone in the PNW wanna buy these from me (lol)?

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have the AMP power steps on their JL? IMG_3342

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have the AMP power steps on their JL? IMG_3341
Sponsored