Sponsored

Anyone have problems with MORRFLATE grabbing your tire’s valve stems?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have one tire valve that my MORRFLATE has trouble connecting to. It doesn’t seem to matter which morrflate connector end I use. The tire valve looks fine so I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? It makes for a frustrating air up/down when one connector always pops off. I’m starting to wonder if screw on connectors would be better.

edit: I have the multi tooth chucks, not the single tooth ones.
Sponsored

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My inflation rig uses the Haltec chucks,

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have problems with MORRFLATE grabbing your tire’s valve stems? 51z7ZtPCm9L._AC_SL1103_

and some times I have trouble seating the chuck securely on the valve. It has been frustrating, but I have gotten better at placing and seating the chuck securely.

I had thought the valve stem might be a factor, but then decided that, in my case, it had more to do with the attachment technique.

After some trial and error I now try to shove the chuck on in one quick movement and make sure to push the locking collar to its secure position before the chuck can wiggle away from the shoulder of the valve stem.

I also try to lay the air hose in a relaxed position, so it is not coiled in such a way as to put a side load on the connection.

It could be your valve stem, but perhaps some of these ideas can be helpful.

Good luck.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My inflation rig uses the Haltec chucks,

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have problems with MORRFLATE grabbing your tire’s valve stems? 51z7ZtPCm9L._AC_SL1103_

and some times I have trouble seating the chuck securely on the valve. It has been frustrating, but I have gotten better at placing and seating the chuck securely.

I had thought the valve stem might be a factor, but then decided that, in my case, it had more to do with the attachment technique.

After some trial and error I now try to shove the chuck on in one quick movement and make sure to push the locking collar to its secure position before the chuck can wiggle away from the shoulder of the valve stem.

I also try to lay the air hose in a relaxed position, so it is not coiled in such a way as to put a side load on the connection.

It could be your valve stem, but perhaps some of these ideas can be helpful.

Good luck.
I have those same haltec chucks. I guess I will try some more times but it’s most likely my valve stem I think. why doesn’t someone invent a valve stem with no threads and that you just push down the chuck and do a quick quarter turn to lock.
Sponsored