Sponsored

Anyone have luck with eBay LED fender lights for Rubicon?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I have been looking around for some LED fender lights to swap out of my 2021 Rubi that will be coming with halogen. All the listings say they only fit Rubicons or Sahara’s with oem LEDs. I was told the housing is the exact same size. It’s just a matter of wiring.

If you have had any luck, please let me know what versions you did. Thank you.
Sponsored

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
I have been looking around for some LED fender lights to swap out of my 2021 Rubi that will be coming with halogen. All the listings say they only fit Rubicons or Sahara’s with oem LEDs. I was told the housing is the exact same size. It’s just a matter of wiring.

If you have had any luck, please let me know what versions you did. Thank you.
Yes they will all work. However you will need to buy the mini Tazer to program the Jeep to LED. And still the light you get will still need to have a resistor for some reason even after you program it

71C648C0-6C79-4319-A196-2AFC3BF6C1E8.jpeg

3E8B4BEC-1614-45EE-9269-2ECA85915A00.jpeg

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Yes they will all work. However you will need to buy the mini Tazer to program the Jeep to LED. And still the light you get will still need to have a resistor for some reason even after you program it

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have luck with eBay LED fender lights for Rubicon? 3E8B4BEC-1614-45EE-9269-2ECA85915A00

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have luck with eBay LED fender lights for Rubicon? 3E8B4BEC-1614-45EE-9269-2ECA85915A00
Thank you for the reply. Finally someone chimed in. Nice looking Jeep too.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I am pulling my LED fender lights off my 2019 Rubicon soon. I also have the LED Fog lights that I took off the day after I bought the Jeep. Shoot me an offer and take them off my hands.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
You can switch out the actual incandescent bulbs for led ones, but the whole led assembly from a Rubicon or Sahara is longer than the halogen assembly on a Sport. The whole fender needs to be switched out to that of a Rubicon or Sahara, if you want to run their led assembly. And yes, the led units have an extra wire for the fender drl function.
it’s a new Rubicon, without the led package. So, it sounds like the halogen setup on the rubicon fenders is the same size as the LED setup.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
it’s a new Rubicon, without the led package. So, it sounds like the halogen setup on the rubicon fenders is the same size as the LED setup.
You can swap out Halogen for the LEDs in Rubicon fender with no issue. It is a pretty easy swap. Wiring plugs right in but you will need a programmer (Tazer, JScan).

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
You can swap out Halogen for the LEDs in Rubicon fender with no issue. It is a pretty easy swap. Wiring plugs right in but you will need a programmer (Tazer, JScan).
how much do those cost? Which model do I need? I’m also planning on going with a 2.5” AEV with 37s (maybe 35s) and others mentioned a programmer they got for the Speedo etc.

Do any of these programmers flash for LED and speedo correction?

I ordered the turbo as well. So, I think I need to research a bit more on these things.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
how much do those cost? Which model do I need? I’m also planning on going with a 2.5” AEV with 37s (maybe 35s) and others mentioned a programmer they got for the Speedo etc.

Do any of these programmers flash for LED and speedo correction?

I ordered the turbo as well. So, I think I need to research a bit more on these things.
You will see the DRLs on the member marketplace here for sale. @wibornz above mentions he will have some for sale soon. I have the Tazer Mini and used for many things - tire size(speedometer setting), TPMS setting, disable ESS, LED headlights/fogs/DRLs/taillights. https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl-mini/

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
yeah, I sent him a pm. All set now. Just have to figure out which programmer now. $300+. Ouch
Checkout pricing on Northridge. Plug in jlwranglerforum discount code. I think I got for under $300. Believe me, you will like using it...

Sponsored

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Process Engineer
I mistakenly used the different model names, which confused what I meant.

The LED fender lamps are longer than the halogen lamps. The fenders for LED's and halogens are different. Your only options are to get LED bulbs for your halogen housings, or get the fenders meant for LED's and the LED's themselves.
That is not true at all. Only the sport has a different fender. The Sahara and Rubicon have the same size fender for either halogen or LED

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
That is not true at all. Only the sport has a different fender. The Sahara and Rubicon have the same size fender for either halogen or LED
I had no idea that the halogens came in 2 different widths, Rubicon/Sahara vs Sport. Apologies for the confusion.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Process Engineer
I had no idea that the halogens came in 2 different widths, Rubicon/Sahara vs Sport. Apologies for the confusion.
no worries! No idea why Jeep did that, making things complicated for no reason haha

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
no worries! No idea why Jeep did that, making things complicated for no reason haha
To stop us Sport owners from getting easy upgrades to LEDs.

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I am pulling my LED fender lights off my 2019 Rubicon soon. I also have the LED Fog lights that I took off the day after I bought the Jeep. Shoot me an offer and take them off my hands.
Did you end up selling your LED fender flares? Im interested in a set for my Rubicon.
Sponsored