Sponsored

Anyone have Issues after Mopar lift install?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
OP - what exactly is the issue with the Jeep? Did your gf report anything she didn't like when she drove it?

I think we established that your Jeep does not have death wobble/shaking. So what is the symptom that you don't like? Can you be more specific?

I see that you have a Corvette. Obviously a Jeep has a lot more side to side motion going over bumps and undulations. Lifting any vehicle ˜3" tents to amplify suspension/body movements. You may be feeling something perfectly normal. A rear track bar relocation bracket (easy install and ˜$100) can help the roll center in the back - if that is what is causing what you don't like.

There is a good chance that you MOPAR lift is not installed properly (e.g. control arms and trackbars were not loosened and retorqued with wheels on the ground). But it could be just what I described above.

I'm also in CT (though far from you) and would gladly take a look at her Jeep next week - out of town racing this weekend.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Someone in the Shop stole the Factor 55 Flatlink off the winch and replaced it with a standard winch hook and thought we would not notice. They had video of it on the jeep going into the shop with the flatlink on it (bright red anodized) but did not have good enough video to prove who stole it. Kind of leads you to have doubts of the workmanship they provide too.
What shop, so that those of us from CT know where to avoid?

OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
GF talked to the dealer and they are going to look at it Tuesday and calibrate the speedometer.

My last Tacoma was lifted and drove the same as before, but it is a longer wheel base. Also a friend and I did a cheap 3.5" lift on his 2018 JLU and it drove like stock, but was on 33's.

Her jeep is non Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/75/17 comes out to a 34" tire.

I had my daughters senior sports banquet after work last night so I really didnt get a chance to look at anything.

Thanks for all the info. I am going to do some measuring and more test driving this weekend.

Sponsored

E_H_Taylor

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I purchased my 2021 JLUR with 2" Mopar lift and 37" tires already installed. There was never a death wobble but the Jeep drove with the feeling of very loose steering, or the feeling you had to concentrate on steering the vehicle continuously. I took the Jeep to Discount Tire for balancing and they told me that whoever tried to balance the tires did not know what they were doing! Got that corrected. I then installed new adjustable front upper and lower control arms as well as front adjustable track bar. The place that installed the control arms said they knew the measurements to get close to 6 degrees castor. When I drove off the Jeep drove the same, maybe worse! Took it for 4-wheel alignment only to learn Castor was ~3.9 degrees. The place that did the alignment took off the control arms and adjusted the length to get ~6.1 degrees of castor. Jeep now drives great - straight and easy. Should have been this way right from the purchase!

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Did they give you an alignment report? The front caster should be around 5 deg that is what can cause death wobble to start, the upgraded track bars will help stop it, and get the axle centered if it is not. I have the Mopar lift and added track bars and adjustable control arms to allow the front to be adjusted correctly. You should tell the technician that will do the work you want a castor angle of more than 4.5 and look at the alignment report when you pick up the vehicle.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i don't know if i'd call it "significant", but the MPG on our Diesel Willys JLU dropped about 10% after the lift.
considering that the Diesel Lift pushed the dang thing up more than 4.3" over stock in the front, that doesn't come as a surprise. (a winch and steel bumper brought it back down to about 3.8".)

added adjustable track bars to get the axles back where they belong, and TB Relocation brkts to try to get rid of the wiggle in the rear and straighten out the front like it's supposed to be.
rear helped; wiggle is gone. but front wanders more (not less) through bumps now; front Relo Brkt is coming out this week.

also, did anyone's gas mileage seem to drop significantly after the lift?

xxHeyManxx

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon (Firecracker Red)
I have the same lift on my JLUR with 35" Falcon Wild Peak AT3's and that lift gives you closer to 3-3.5 inches of lift. at that Hight it has moved your front axle over to your driver side and your rear axle to the passenger side by about a half an inch or more... you should add some adjustable track bars to correct the geometry and you may want to add adjustable LCA in the rear to correct the caster angel as the Mopar kit only comes with front adj LCA's

Sponsored

SeaTrooperGo

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited High Altitude Sahara Wrangler
These posts make me hesitant of getting mine installed in a few weeks...smh. Hope you find a quick fix!

Following! I have that same 2021 High Altitude Sahara (same color, even) and am considering the Mopar lift and larger tires... let us know how things work out for you. I'm curious about not just ride, but road noise... not a quiet car to begin with. ;)

Mark D

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Mine rides and drives good. I don't like when installed on a non Rubicon that you get the stink bug effect. With the rear looking 4 inches taller than the front. On mine the 2 inch lift raised my Gladiator closer the 3 inches.

Gahooligan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Fwiw... my 2019 jlu with 2.5" lift and 35s drove like shit, and especially so at hwy speeds. Like described above, required constant steering correction and steering was very vague. I ran rancho geometry correction brackets, but then switched to a non-adjustable teraflex LCA. Either solved the issue!! The biggest factor to me in shit steering and stability is Caster. Both of these options correct it. The brackets moved caster alot, 7.3° on the lowest setting but was stable as hell with much better bump absorption. To me though, the LCAs provide more offroad clearance and get the caster past 6° (the magical ## they say) and it drives great. If you lifted 2.5" or more you need to correct the caster. It makes a bigger difference than you could imagine! Then again, This may have nothing to do with your issue. Just relaying my experiences so far.

OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
Dealer refused to give me the alignment report. When I pushed them they gave me a blank one from a compass and tried to pass it off as ours. No caster #'s were filled in.

Dave

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer refused to give me the alignment report. When I pushed them they gave me a blank one from a compass and tried to pass it off as ours. No caster #'s were filled in.

Dave
That means there is probably lots of red on the report, I wouldnt go back to that dealer and go somewhere reputable. Take it somewhere else another dealer if you have the warranty I thought they had to legally provide it not sure but look into that, alignment is the most important thing a mechanic does.
Sponsored