Sponsored

Anyone have Issues after Mopar lift install?

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
its the 2.0 Turbo, so it was getting close to 27MPG average. I know speedometer is off by about 6%, but even adding that into the millage, it seems to have gone down to 17-18 MPG. Seems like a big drop. We didn't really notice the drop with just the tires.
yeah, I have the V6. Best I ever could get was about 21-22.
Sponsored

OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
I do love her jeep though. I'm shopping for one for myself now. But that would put me at 4 cars myself. lol I might have a problem. Do they have meetings for that.

Hi, I'm Dave and I have too many cars ........... I'm a car-a-holic.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand his opinion. This is the GF's jeep. Most off road it will see is probably a dirt road. She wanted everything for the look.
you’re probably right. I have a problem with buying something that’s supposed to be complete then having to spend more because it wasn’t. Kind of like my install. I used someone that allegedly knew what they were doing. With Roky’s help I spent about a week redoing his horrible work. I feel like there are better more complete kits than the Mopar. All it has going for it is a warranty but even then they will tell him they can’t fix the problem and he will be doing it himself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
The fox shocks look cool too. lol I was thinking I would have to add to it later on. I just thought out of the box on the street it would be ok for her.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The fox shocks look cool too. lol I was thinking I would have to add to it later on. I just thought out of the box on the street it would be ok for her.
I would for sure measure and see if you need a track bar. 5/16” made a huge difference on mine.

Sponsored

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
OP - I noticed a little "slide" effect after the Mopar Lift install. It happens when turning left after spring compression on the right rear, then left rear. Like when entering a roundabout. Its simply the new geometry of the rear trackbar to the axle. With any lift, the angle from the axle to the trackbar increases. So, when you compress the right rear spring its almost completely a vertical motion. Well if that is followed by compression of the left rear spring, the trackbar will push the axle out to the left relative to the body. This is what gives the sensation of a "slide" in the rear to the right.

I hope I explained that right...

I believe those who used a trackbar correction bracket in the rear after a lift install would not notice this as the correction bracket should bring the trackbar and axle angle back to stock.

Or, I've completely misinterpreted your original description. btw, no one thinks they have death wobble. If you have experienced it, you KNOW you have it...
:)

my two cents...

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Make sure every single bolt that was removed was torqued EXACTLY to the spec called for in the instructions when reinstalled. That'll make a difference, too.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm I just lucky or missing something. I use my dealership who I have known for 10 years. I ordered my 2021 Rubicon and drove it stock for 2 weeks waiting on backordered wheels.

It drove smooth and straight as arrow without any steering issues over bumps or railroad tracks etc. 10 mph or 75 mph.

My wheels came in and they did my Mopar 2.0 lift and 35's tires/wheels. (Wanted Warranty) I know the mechanic who did the work and he took 8 hrs. to do everything. Reason I know that is I took lunch there and we went for a beer afterwards. Alignment and steering wheel alignment. Flashed computer for 35's.

I have driven now few months granted just 400 miles overall but it drives just like it was stock. Smooth and no issue with steering pull or wobble over bumps or railroad tracks.

I guess it depends on how well install might be done. Guess I am lucky.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Longer trac-bars front and rear and longer front lower control arms (Mopar sells both) to get your caster in check. Should solve the problem

OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
I'm I just lucky or missing something. I use my dealership who I have known for 10 years. I ordered my 2021 Rubicon and drove it stock for 2 weeks waiting on backordered wheels.

It drove smooth and straight as arrow without any steering issues over bumps or railroad tracks etc. 10 mph or 75 mph.

My wheels came in and they did my Mopar 2.0 lift and 35's tires/wheels. (Wanted Warranty) I know the mechanic who did the work and he took 8 hrs. to do everything. Reason I know that is I took lunch there and we went for a beer afterwards. Alignment and steering wheel alignment. Flashed computer for 35's.

I have driven now few months granted just 400 miles overall but it drives just like it was stock. Smooth and no issue with steering pull or wobble over bumps or railroad tracks.

I guess it depends on how well install might be done. Guess I am lucky.
luck of the draw. You probably got a better mechanic than we did.

Sponsored

OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
Someone in the Shop stole the Factor 55 Flatlink off the winch and replaced it with a standard winch hook and thought we would not notice. They had video of it on the jeep going into the shop with the flatlink on it (bright red anodized) but did not have good enough video to prove who stole it. Kind of leads you to have doubts of the workmanship they provide too.

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
I have the mopar lift with 35in KO2's, no issues with just the lift kit nothing additional.
Someone in the Shop stole the Factor 55 Flatlink off the winch and replaced it with a standard winch hook and thought we would not notice. They had video of it on the jeep going into the shop with the flatlink on it (bright red anodized) but did not have good enough video to prove who stole it. Kind of leads you to have doubts of the workmanship they provide too.
That's pretty shady. For reference I had my mopar lift installed at the dealership before ever driving it off the lot, with 35in KO2's, no issues with it at all, but the dealership installs many of these each week and I was in contact with the service manager the whole time who made sure it was done right and to spec.

OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
I see your in CT, What Dealership? I know Putnam Jeep has a few on the lot with lifts already on them

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I understand his opinion. This is the GF's jeep. Most off road it will see is probably a dirt road. She wanted everything for the look.
FYI, her Mopar lift is far more capable than many(non-Mopar lift owners) give credit. It's not an extreme articulation lift for sure but that is not a requirement on most Jeep trails anyway. Her lift will flex and here is a 2dr. with Mopar lift on a flex trailer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have Issues after Mopar lift install? JLR flexed frt
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have Issues after Mopar lift install? JLR flexd rear

Real world trail flex. It is a Rubicon Jeep trail rated lift BTW.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have Issues after Mopar lift install? JL trail flex

No issues and I like that expensive replacement driveshafts are not needed. Kits that need them do not include them but say, replacements " suggested" at $1,400 extra.

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
I see your in CT, What Dealership? I know Putnam Jeep has a few on the lot with lifts already on them
Papa's CJDR in New Britain. Carmine Bianco is the service manager and he was very knowledgeable about the whole install.
Sponsored