Sponsored

Anyone have Issues after Mopar lift install?

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
We put Nitto Trail Grappler 34" tires on and drove the jeep for 3 weeks. Had the lift installed, and seemed like I know what death wobble is now. Had it happen a few times on a drive yesterday. Twice on the highway 65 ish, and once on a secondary road in a long corner 45 ish.

Had some issues with the dealer, but thats a whole other story.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We put Nitto Trail Grappler 34" tires on and drove the jeep for 3 weeks. Had the lift installed, and seemed like I know what death wobble is now. Had it happen a few times on a drive yesterday. Twice on the highway 65 ish, and once on a secondary road in a long corner 45 ish.

It’s likely you got more than 2” of lift, that’s throwing off your geometry.. this may help....

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/1454124

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
I would look under the Jeep and verify that ALL components are installed properly. Each spring belongs at a specific corner. Spring pads, upper isolators in correct position, etc. Also make sure everything is torqued properly. A couple forum members had the lift installed incorrectly which caused problems. Good luck.

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
These posts make me hesitant of getting mine installed in a few weeks...smh. Hope you find a quick fix!

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
These posts make me hesitant of getting mine installed in a few weeks...smh. Hope you find a quick fix!
Don’t worry I’m sure it’ll be fine. My guess is PSI is set too high and needs dropped to 30ish. Any bump at higher speeds on overinflated tires tends to make people think it’s death wobble when it’s just the tires.

OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
Jeep is 2018 JL 2 door with 18K miles
Tire pressure is at 33

Closes thing to describe it is if you ever hit black ice and it recovered

Dave

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
The Mopar lifts do tend to gain far more than 2” of lift. I would highly recommend front and rear adjustable track bars. The factory ones are light weights compared to what aftermarket has to offer.

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Did they rotate your tires when they did the lift or by chance just put them back on in different spots? If you had a poorly balanced tire in the rear that moved to the front it can cause steering wheel to shake at those speeds. They tend to put the worst balanced tires in the rear or on the spare if buying 5 so you are happy when you leave. You don’t notice how bad they balanced the others till they move to the front.

Sponsored

OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
I just saw a video on death wobble, and that doesn't seem to be what I felt. More like loose in the rear end, almost like sliding

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just saw a video on death wobble, and that doesn't seem to be what I felt. More like loose in the rear end, almost like sliding
Post pic of your rig please. Straight on from the front, and one from the side.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I had a strange wiggle after my install and a rear track bar relocation bracket fixed that. Also with the Mopar lift I installed, 37" tires, aftermarket HD adj. T.B., T.B. brace, LCA's, Tie-rod, Drag link and 2.0 Fox S.S. No issues.

OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
I will get some better pics when I get home. I did get some good information so far.
Sponsored