Sponsored

Anyone Have Feedback on Kanati Trail Hog Tires?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I always like to look at different options that are not always mainstream simply to see what else is out there. I have used every major brand of tire at some point in my lifetime and there are good ones and bad ones as with anything else.

I will be replacing my 33" tires in the near future and will go up to 35" tires when I do. I ran across www.simpletire.com and see they have many brands (much more than your typical Discount Tire or Tire Rack). The Kanati tire grabbed my attention and wanted to see if anyone has any input or feedback about them.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

https://www.greenballtires.com/brands/kanati/trail-hog-at
Sponsored

97redjeep

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, slightly modded 97 TJ, 2018 Power Wagon, 99 2500 24V
Ran these on our 3/4 ton work trucks 4-5 years ago, fairly comparable to the Goodyear wrangler but with a little firmer rubber compound, not quite as good on the ice but more wear/chunk resistant in the rock. That being said, my only experience is highway and gnarly bush roads, if I recall correctly we were getting roughly 8 months, 60000 k on them.

Tazman

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon, 2017 Ram AEV 2500
I have a set of 39 inch Mud Hogs on my 2017 RAM AEV and so far they have been great.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
There's a lot of tires over there that look quite similar, the Eldorado Mud Claw Extreme look to be virtually identical to the Konatis except the sidewall design. If you don't need a true 35 and can run a 315/70/17 there's some really nice deals in that size.
They have an AMP Terrain Attack AT in that 315 size for $169, peak snow rated too! (elsewhere they're $235).

Fun to see what's out there!

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Last edited:
OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Darn you @CarbonSteel , got me looking hard at these tires, really interested in the Kanati Trail Hog, been wanting a 3pk snow rated AT and these look like a good option. They even make an all steel ply rock-killer tire in the Armor Hog that looks like a game changer for those rock beasts (they weigh a ton though :( )
https://www.greenballtires.com/brands/kanati
Pretty cool reviews on the Trail Hogs here
https://www.mikesjeep.com/reviews/kanati-trail-hogs
@blnewt - I am almost positive those will be my next tires. Simple Tire has a set of 5 (315/70/17) for about $1,085 to the door.

The other nice thing is they only weigh 2.1 pounds more than the 285/70/17 OEM Falkens I have now.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@blnewt - I am almost positive those will be my next tires. Simple Tire has a set of 5 (315/70/17) for about $1,085 to the door.
I'm looking at them too, running Patagonias now and they seem to be wearing pretty quick. I really would like a more AT tread that's still aggressive on the outer lugs & sidewalls. Having that 3pk snow rating is a biggie as the Pats are slick in the rain and not great in the snow that I've seen thus far :( And I bet the Trail Hogs would be good for 40k miles.
And the price, seems like an easy "Add To Cart" :like:

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at them too, running Patagonias now and they seem to be wearing pretty quick. I really would like a more AT tread that's still aggressive on the outer lugs & sidewalls. Having that 3pk snow rating is a biggie as the Pats are slick in the rain and not great in the snow that I've seen thus far :( And I bet the Trail Hogs would be good for 40k miles.
I edited the above post, the weight is really nice compared to my Falkens.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@blnewt - I bought one of them and had it shipped. I have to say it is really nice and the tread pattern definitely resembles the Goodyear Duratrac. I will pick up 4 more in the spring and will move up from 33" to 35".

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@blnewt - I bought one of them and had it shipped. I have to say it is really nice and the tread pattern definitely resembles the Goodyear Duratrac. I will pick up 4 more in the spring and will move up from 33" to 35".
I should be ready for new tires in the summer, will be looking forward to what your impressions are when you get that set instaled. I'll also be going up, probably to a 315/70 is the largest I think I should run on my Sport gears :)

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I should be ready for new tires in the summer, will be looking forward to what your impressions are when you get that set instaled. I'll also be going up, probably to a 315/70 is the largest I think I should run on my Sport gears :)
Finally got mine. These things are getting harder to find and like the Milestars the prices are jumping.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone Have Feedback on Kanati Trail Hog Tires? IMG_20210327_102818557
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone Have Feedback on Kanati Trail Hog Tires? IMG_20210327_102712176

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finally got mine. These things are getting harder to find and like the Milestars the prices are jumping.
Those Mud Hogs look badass! Looks like 39s there, nice!

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Those Mud Hogs look badass! Looks like 39s there, nice!
Yep. The 39s sellout super fast or you have to pay $400 per tire. I paid $270 for these and hopefully they wear and handle better than the Pats.
Sponsored