Sponsored

Anyone have buyer's remorse for ordering the 3.6 instead of the 2.0 Turbo.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I regret buying my 2.0t Willys jeep knocking at 250 miles with 93 octane, squirrelly steering on the highway which wasn’t there on the lot , glitchy center console and finally door hing bubbling on 5 hinges at 4 months and 259 miles I dumped the piece of shit for a reliable 4Runner no new vehicle should have these major issues fiat fucking sucks. Oh yeah average mpg 12 with a light foot and highway miles mine was a lemon I will never buy another FCA product. My first and last.
Problem is now you're stuck driving a Toyota. Also, if you got 12mpg in a 2.0l turbo Wrangler then you have a very different definition of "light foot" than anyone i've ever met. 4Runners get about the same mileage I get in my Tahoe...that's not going to beat a 2.0l Wrangler.
Sponsored

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
No I was real easy on that pedal and only drive highway my 2.0 had major issues should not be knocking with 93 octane these jeeps are low quality crap sorry three major issues (knocking, steering abd paint corrosion) in the first 250 miles never owned a new vehicle with this many problems I came from a 4Runner and was shocked with all these issues so no it wasn’t me it’s the crap quality. Never again

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
No I was real easy on that pedal and only drive highway my 2.0 had major issues should not be knocking with 93 octane these jeeps are low quality crap sorry three major issues (knocking, steering abd paint corrosion) in the first 250 miles never owned a new vehicle with this many problems I came from a 4Runner and was shocked with all these issues so no it wasn’t me it’s the crap quality. Never again
Any car you get there is a chance at a lemon. Jeep lemon rate is probably higher than Japanese SUVs.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
I call BS. You just want to justify owning a Toyota. If you experienced knocking on a Wrangler and were getting 12mpg because of a problem, that would be very easy for a dealer to fix. So why didn't you get it fixed?

Sponsored

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Absolutely not. 3.6 has plenty of acceleration, good mileage, runs on regular, and its simple port injected NA. I keep my vehicles a long time. DFI, turbo and potentially mild hybrid is not something I want to own when its 10 or 15 years old, no thanks.

I specifically sought out a used 2020 3.6 (no etorque) to avoid complexity of the other drivetrain options.

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
I call BS. You just want to justify owning a Toyota. If you experienced knocking on a Wrangler and were getting 12mpg because of a problem, that would be very easy for a dealer to fix. So why didn't you get it fixed?
You can call BS all you want dealer we’re assholes couldn’t fix the knock and was going to have wait weeks for the paint fix what new car ever had that much bubbling paint in 4 months or steering issues for that matter none that I’ve ever owned I’m not trolling anyone just saying I regret getting a piece of shit lemon jeep I’m entitle to my opinion based on my poor experience with the jero and two dealers for warranty repairs I should not have to for a 42k vehicle fuck that.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
You can call BS all you want dealer we’re assholes couldn’t fix the knock and was going to have wait weeks for the paint fix what new car ever had that much bubbling paint in 4 months or steering issues for that matter none that I’ve ever owned I’m not trolling anyone just saying I regret getting a piece of shit lemon jeep I’m entitle to my opinion based on my poor experience with the jero and two dealers for warranty repairs I should not have to for a 42k vehicle fuck that.
I'm not normally the grammar police, but I think some punctuation would give you a lot more credibility here.

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I'm not normally the grammar police, but I think some punctuation would give you a lot more credibility here.
James Joyce had a 3,687 word sentence but he did throw in a few commas for good measure.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Take a look back at his join date and posts..., I smell troll...
Nope, not possible. You missed where they specifically said they weren't a troll.

...matter none that I’ve ever owned I’m not trolling anyone just saying I regret...

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
Nope, not possible. You missed where they specifically said they weren't a troll.
How silly of me to have missed that. In light of this compelling evidence, I retract my previous declaration, and anoint his credibility beyond reproach.🤙

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Then find another dealer. There are a billion CDJR dealers out there. I have seven within a 20 minute drive of my house. No matter which brand you own, it is an absolute requirement to have a good dealer to work with these days.

I still don't buy your story. Engine knocking is not a problem that's tough to detect or fix. There are plenty of JL owners who have had mysterious electrical gremlins that are nearly impossible to troubleshoot. Knocking is nothing like that. It's a problem as old as internal combustion engines that even the greasy independent garage down the street with the 2002 F150 for sale out front could fix for you in a few hours. Absolutely no one buys a Wrangler and then trades it in at 259 miles for any reason.

You're just a hater here to prop up your Toyota. It's ok, we understand. Having to drive a Toyota sucks, we know...that's why we drive "piece of shit lemon" jeeps, it's still better than driving a Toyota.
Sponsored