Sponsored

Anyone have buyer's remorse for ordering the 3.6 instead of the 2.0 Turbo.

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Could a few of the I4 turbo owners post the country of origin for the engine as listed on your window sticker?
To be clear, what I'm saying is a 4 cyl engine is something you put into a Japanese econobox, turbo or no. The Toyota Corolla also sports a 2.0 4 cyl engine. You could find a turbo on a Subaru WRX 2.5 - producing about 100 more HP than Jeep's Fiat engine.

More to the discussion, Fiat's quality record is dismal. They've made many attempts to break into the US market - but quality and failure to meet our crash specs has thus far prevented them from taking hold. I'd have trust issues - until we see this motor break 250k on 1000's of vehicles w/o major repairs - as is typical for a decent motor - but that's going to take a few more years.
Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Could a few of the I4 turbo owners post the country of origin for the engine as listed on your window sticker?
The sticker says Italy. And that's not a surprise.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
My 2.0L Turbo was built in the United States, right in Trenton, Michigan. The powertrain departments from "Chrysler" and "Fiat" both did development work on it, and I love it. Well, except for how it sounds. That's what the radio is for. I love the turbo, love the 20MPG in a Wrangler. I wouldn't have bought the 3.6L.

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ

Sponsored

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
That's fine. Seems awfully strange to be justifying your choice in the 3.6 section of all places though.
Trending topics posted on the front page don't have the forum listed. The point of my post obviously went over your head. I'll take my corrections elsewhere.

Last edited:

Trill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL
Glad I was able to get mine before they made you get etorque with the 8 speed. Not sure what I would do if I was buying today. Water cooled battery hanging under the belly, or a direct injected turbo motor. Neither sounds really appealing to me, would probably just get the manual trans or buy used or try to find a 2020 leftover. Just my personal preference for what I'm comfortable owning and working on long-term. Cool that there are other options for people who want to try newer stuff.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Water cooled battery hanging under the belly, or a direct injected turbo motor. Neither sounds really appealing to me, would probably just get the manual trans or buy used or try to find a 2020 leftover.
So far the failure rate of the 2.0 or eTorque has been far less than the manual transmission.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
No regrets here. I rented a Sahara with the 2.0T and drove from Houston to Wyoming and back with no issues including running 85/87 octane in it the whole time.

For me, it boiled down to not wanting to deal with the complexities of the turbo and associated systems long term.

Still very happy with the 3.6L.

For100

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna 2015
Any regrets for a Diesel engine? It is $4500 adder, but I think long term makes sense.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Any regrets for a Diesel engine? It is $4500 adder, but I think long term makes sense.
Given the potential issues with repairs, emission systems, etc. and the fact that owning and operating a diesel costs more than a gasoline engine and that a diesel does not fit the vast majority of use cases, from my point of view it does not make sense short or long term.