Anyone have buyer's remorse for ordering the 3.6 instead of the 2.0 Turbo.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 silver JLR (ordered)
There seems to be quite a bit of "I bought this, so that is obviously inferior" going on in this thread! :punch:

I have a 3.6 ordered. I'm hoping it's as reliable as my old TJ 4.0 was. But, if others prefer the 2.0, happy days for them.

I even loved my Toyota Tacoma (and still like my Tundra). 😳

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
There seems to be quite a bit of "I bought this, so that is obviously inferior" going on in this thread! :punch:

I have a 3.6 ordered. I'm hoping it's as reliable as my old TJ 4.0 was. But, if others prefer the 2.0, happy days for them.

I even loved my Toyota Tacoma (and still like my Tundra). 😳
I have owned both, I lean towards the v6 but both are good Motors

OP
Cappy

Cappy

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
It is ... and thanks. The blue is ‘hers’ although I kinda dig the color too.
My buddy who works as a designer with Jeep for many years say Wranglers are very popular with the ladies.

However, my wife thinks they are too truck like for her taste. Would rather drive a BMW.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
However, my wife thinks they are too truck like for her taste. Would rather drive a BMW.
One advantage of buying older vehicles and keeping them long term is that they set the bar lower for the next new vehicle. My finance is coming from a 2007 SUV with almost 200k miles.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th, 2020 Challenger Scat Pack, 2010 Tahoe Z71
my 2.0t is getting bought back this month.. steering, transmission, water pump, electrical, and other issues all in the first year.. I was done 45 days in the first 9months.. so he is not alone ... I also got 13-14 mph in days to day local driving 19 on road trips... this Was my 3rd Jeep and I enjoy wheeling it and the lifestyle.. so I am buying another one.. but getting the v6 because I had it in my JKU and my wife’s GC and the motor is a work horse and reliable.. the gas mileage on my 4cyl was nothing special and the 4 banger sounds like a trash truck... I don’t blame him for jumping to the toyo.. there is no excuse for the kind of workmanship issues he and I saw.. I just got a nice check from the buyout plus a new Jeep at a good price.. I was able to re use my aftermarket parts.. so I stayed with Jeep ... if I get another bad unit I will lemon law it again.. get my cash back.. and at that point likely look at the bronco or the 4runners (assuming they update the platform by then).. Jeep has enjoyed and abused market domination for off-road enthusiasts.. but more players are coming into the space... they really need to work on quality and technical improvements if they want to maintain there market share... my jku was a solid vehicle with no issues, this JLU has been trash.. hoping my 2021jlu that gets delivered in a week or two proves the JLU is worth sticking with..
This is totally different. You posted a thoughtful and honest critique of your situation. He came just to bitch about a vehicle that he probably didn't even own. Your situation is believable, his is clearly not.

Advertisement

Next Venture Motorsports

Advertisement