Sponsored

Anyone have any experiences with a pro shops ceramic detailing?

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Cost?
Better than a good wax?
etc.....
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It is supposed to last forever, unlike wax.

But be aware that cost has come down considerably. Shops were charging upwards of $2,000 only a few years ago. I’ve seen shops offering to do it for less than $500 recently.

Good luck.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I just did a DIY ceramic coating (AvalonKing Armor Shield IX. - $69.99)
Can't talk about longevity yet but so far so good. It looks great and it was not difficult to apply. Can a pro detailer apply a better ceramic coating? Probably, but DIY is pretty close and has much better bang for the buck. The hardest part about applying it is getting absolutely everything as clean as it can be. Once the Jeep is super clean, applying the coating is easier than applying wax IMO.

It's definitely slicker to the touch than the paint and less dirt sticks to it. It doesn't eliminate the need to wash but it makes washing a lot easier. Dirt wants to come off it so just a once-over with a pressure washer and it's shiny new. So far my experience with it is that it's definitely better than wax.

Billy Baldone

First Name
William Stutz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 JL Willy's
I am a pro detailer. I can answer any questions you have. As far as costs, depending on how close to perfect you want your paint, that has a huge bearing on the final cost. I just added packages with only a polish, and no paint correction, but with a 5 year coating. Most people don't care/can't see the swirl marks, and defects. So, why charge them for a paint correction they won 't notice. Youtube detailers have everyone believe the paint has to be perfect before coating.... That just isn't reality. A daily driver SUV doesn't need to look perfect, just better and easier to wash

Curcurt

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I just did a DIY ceramic coating (AvalonKing Armor Shield IX. - $69.99)
Can't talk about longevity yet but so far so good. It looks great and it was not difficult to apply. Can a pro detailer apply a better ceramic coating? Probably, but DIY is pretty close and has much better bang for the buck. The hardest part about applying it is getting absolutely everything as clean as it can be. Once the Jeep is super clean, applying the coating is easier than applying wax IMO.

It's definitely slicker to the touch than the paint and less dirt sticks to it. It doesn't eliminate the need to wash but it makes washing a lot easier. Dirt wants to come off it so just a once-over with a pressure washer and it's shiny new. So far my experience with it is that it's definitely better than wax.
How long did the AvalonKing last? Looking to do a new 392 this weekend.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
How long did the AvalonKing last? Looking to do a new 392 this weekend.
It's still going. Water still beads.
I'd imagine if I really inspected it some spots might have worn away but I have yet to see anything that makes me think it needs to be redone.
Sponsored