Anyone have a TopLift Pro for JL?

Jungle31

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 and 2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
I completely understand the comments about being a little wobbly until the extensions are installed, but after owning mine for several months, I love this thing.

I take my hard top off and put it back on all the time, solo. I bought a little powered ratchet wrench and I can have that top off or back on in just 90 seconds or so. It takes me longer to roll the top away from the Jeep than it does to take it off now. I think you'll grow more comfortable with it over time.

I picked up one of these during a black friday sale. Don't know how I lived without it before:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...ss-3-8-in-Ratchet-Tool-Only-2457-20/203111681

( In case the link ever goes bad, Milwaukee M12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless 3/8 in. Ratchet )
Sponsored

Last edited:

jenshaw717

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray purchased Sept '18
It's amazing, they've shipped mine the next day. They also assembled it for me (no charge). They also showed me how to use which will take you around 5 mins to take the top off with unbolting the screws.
How did you manage this? Are they in your geographic area? I would love to order one but I'm a very non-handy woman and just don't see myself being able to assemble this thing. (Single too, so no handy dudes around to help.)

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
How did you manage this? Are they in your geographic area? I would love to order one but I'm a very non-handy woman and just don't see myself being able to assemble this thing. (Single too, so no handy dudes around to help.)
If I was where you are I’d help. I’m sure you may get some replies to this from folks in your area that have jeeps. One, we like to do anything Jeep, two, give someone a chance to see this thing before they do the spend.

IdahoSting

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Assembly is truly not that bad. I am not that handy but if you watch the video and stop and start it, I am confident that anyone can do it. You could watch the video before ordering to see if you think you can tackle it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@millerjl

The adjustment of the brake has always been lets say the talk in regard to the assembly of the TopLift Pro. It takes some playing with to get it, lets say, just right.

At Jeep Beach 2018 in Daytona Beach, when I spoke with the Ken, the lift's inventor and his brother in law, Barry, they both mentioned that the brake adjustment was a little, lets call it time consuming to get right, but in short order you would come up with the adjustment.. So, just work at the adjustment til you get it right... til it seems right to you.

By the way, not that it really matters but ....both Ken and Barry are regular guys.... very personable, talkative, sense of humor and well, aok guys to say the least. Typical Floridian's ... ;) Also, Ken is adamant about all the parts that make up the lift are top notch in regard to quality, fit and finish.
Well, I was at Jeep Beach again this year. I once again, stopped to talk with the guys at the TopLift Pro booth.

Friendly bunch... all with good sense of humor.. Hey... Barry lost weight... he said he changed his diet.... 8-)

They remembered my gal pal and I from last year.

They remembered that, I was not a TopLift Pro owner, but that I was very pro, TopLift Pro.

We got into a tad of a discussion on regard to the brake adjustment...... As usual, they admitted that the brake adjustment is a pain and doing the brake adjustment, is where most buyer's spend lots of time at assembly and occasionally thereafter trying to get right.

Anyway, they told me that that it looks like they will be adding a turn-buckle to to the cable that adjusts the TopLift Pro's brake. A turn buckle would surely, make adjusting the brake a far simpler process. It would be a welcome design change.

Sponsored

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Just purchased a Top Pro Lift unit and it was delivered early than expected this last weekend. My son has a 2019 Rubi JLUL and he convinced me to buy one also. I bought a Sahara 19 model. We assembled the lift in about an hour with his 5 and 6 year old children helping at times in tightening the bolts, etc. (great family time in teaching them about tool use). The Top Lift Pro is built well. My son removed his top, took the family for a ride, and then put it back on again on Sunday. Monday is looking very cold & wet again in Michigan. He removed the top in about 3 minutes as he took his time lining up it, etc.. Once he does it more often, it should be even easier and faster. It is a great product for removing and putting the top back on by yourself. Highly recommend it.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
...We got into a tad of a discussion on regard to the brake adjustment...... As usual, they admitted that the brake adjustment is a pain and doing the brake adjustment, is where most buyer's spend lots of time at assembly and occasionally thereafter trying to get right.

Anyway, they told me that that it looks like they will be adding a turn-buckle to to the cable that adjusts the TopLift Pro's brake. A turn buckle would surely, make adjusting the brake a far simpler process. It would be a welcome design change.
I literally just came here to make this comment... they need to put a damn tension adjuster on that cable... like every bicycle shifter cable system ever made! what a pain in the butt that was. did the engineers who designed this thing never ride a bike?

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I’ve had mine for a year. Between weather and wear and tear my TLP barely fits my Jeep height, I really need to go over all the connectors and the brake line again. I have a hard time lowering it now and sometimes almost seems a little dangerous ‍♂

ColoJLRubi

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is do to be delivered tomorrow. Good thread to read through

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I was wondering how this works if you have a lifted Jeep, is the height is adjustable. Mines not lifted but my friends has 3 inch lift and is interested.

Sponsored

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
I was wondering how this works if you have a lifted Jeep, is the height is adjustable. Mines not lifted but my friends has 3 inch lift and is interested.
Yes - I believe it has two settings for the base. Maybe even three. For that purpose exactly.

McG

First Name
McKenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB, 2018 Toyota Tundra XP CrewMax
Got my Top Lift on Thursday, and my husband and I put it together today. Took about an hour and a half going at a leisurely pace. Honestly I was no help when it came to the gear part - I let my husband handle that. Thankfully he's mechanically inclined. We tested it out today as well. It was a little awkward at first, getting everything positioned and adjusting accordingly, but I can tell it will get much easier the more we use it. I need a little practice doing it by myself, but I don't regret buying it at all. I think it's gonna be great this summer!

Runt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara
How long did it take to receive your TLP?

Ordered May 1st, and still waiting. That scaffold is looking better and better the longer I wait.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I love my TLP. Takes less than 10 minutes to remove the roof by myself and less than 10 to put it back on.
Sponsored

Reactions: McG