Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
They should leave both boxes at your door... it's signature not required. Mine were dropped off earlier this morning & waiting for me when I got there. They looked so lonely. If you send me your full name & address I'll make sure they're "accepted." ;)
Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
2 days to go... have weekend plans and would love to be completely topless. Can also finally install my jtops shade.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
FedEx delivered one of two boxes today. One more day of waiting, but at this point I’m used to it. This weekend should be all topless if the weather cooperates :rock:

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I finally installed mine and used it. This device is really awesome, so glad I bought it. My wife can use it too.

Sponsored

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
Mine was sitting against the garage door when I came home. Whoop Whoop!! Ate supper then went out to tackle the install. Really wasn't to bad. At first I thought I'd just watch the video start/stop thing as I put together but there are some areas that I didn't find as clear as the manual. Anyway, it was hot as hell in the garage but I got it done except somehow I lost one bolt and nut. It'll turn up I'm sure

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Gonna watch the vid when it loads up.

I set mine up last night. The only questionable piece I stumbled across is the handle to teeth component. It seems like I can either only have the cable tight enough to use the lower half of the teeth OR the upper half.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Decided, I am "workging from home" ;) tomorrow so i can take delivery and put it together.

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
Received mine today, not putting it together until thus weekend but unboxed it.

I’m wondering if I’ll have enough ceiling height in my garage to be able to make it so the handle is all the way down so the rear glass can close. Going to be a bummer if not as having the rear glass open will take up valuable front to back space in the garage.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

I set mine up last night. The only questionable piece I stumbled across is the handle to teeth component. It seems like I can either only have the cable tight enough to use the lower half of the teeth OR the upper half.
I'm assembling tomorrow... still in the box. Which way is correct, and how did you end up solving?

Sponsored

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder

You know after I read your post I went out and tried mine. Same thing here. I tried adjusting and I get the same result as you described. Hmmm

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Put mine together today. Overall, not too difficult. Glad I watched the videos first. I have a few spots where the powder coating is complete. Going to email some pics to toplift pro support. Might need to get some touch up green paint. It is definitely a quality build overall as others have said.

Based on the fact the wheel is curved, not sure you could ever get it set to use all teeth from top to bottom.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like I can either only have the cable tight enough to use the lower half of the teeth OR the upper half.
I had this problem at first, but after a lot of trial and error I have it where I can use all the teeth. However, I could never adjust it so that the pawl doesn't touch the teeth at all across the whole range of motion. It is clear from the bottom up to about 2/3 the way to the top, but then the pawl does rub ever so slightly the rest of the way.

It works fine and I probably won't be raising it up that high too often. I guess I can live with some scratched finish.

This thing works very well! So easy to get the top off! Went naked today for the first time!

IMG_2005.png

IMG_2009.png

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I'm assembling tomorrow... still in the box. Which way is correct, and how did you end up solving?
No way is correct in my opinion, and settled for using the lower ones for now since I don’t need to raise it very high.

You know after I read your post I went out and tried mine. Same thing here. I tried adjusting and I get the same result as you described. Hmmm
I’ll reassess after it’s been used for a bit, it’s not a huge concern to me. Just kinda happy to see I didn’t f mine up.

Put mine together today. Overall, not too difficult. Glad I watched the videos first. I have a few spots where the powder coating is complete. Going to email some pics to toplift pro support. Might need to get some touch up green paint. It is definitely a quality build overall as others have said.

Based on the fact the wheel is curved, not sure you could ever get it set to use all teeth from top to bottom.
I concur, I’m just surprised no one mentioned this issue. My neighbor was sticking on the foam pads and barely had any weight on it and it slipped off the teeth and almost pinched her finger.

I had this problem at first, but after a lot of trial and error I have it where I can use all the teeth. However, I could never adjust it so that the pawl doesn't touch the teeth at all across the whole range of motion. It is clear from the bottom up to about 2/3 the way to the top, but then the pawl does rub ever so slightly the rest of the way.

It works fine and I probably won't be raising it up that high too often. I guess I can live with some scratched finish.

This thing works very well! So easy to get the top off! Went naked today for the first time!

IMG_2005.png

IMG_2009.png
Glad to hear you’re enjoying it! I figured I’ll tinker more with it overtime. I’ve been too busy and now it’s about to rain all weekend..

BT

So, I did noticed that the top portion has a slant to it, it also is about 1 mm from the opening of the jeep. Anyone else have a tight squeeze?

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
Yep, assembled today. The paw adjustment and brake function is pretty arcane. I haven’t done this yet but what happens when you screw and unscrew the set pins that hold the wire too many times? You wear out the stranded cable and are up a creek. Also, it kinda makes me nervous that all that’s holding up the top is that one geared piece. I’m sure it’s strong enough but it doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies.

I’m done messing with it tonight I’ll try again tomorrow. Other than that it’s a high quality product, albeit pricey.
Sponsored