Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@ps2baseball

Many Top Lift Pro user's do not even use the extensions. Yes, they do give you added protection but again, not all use them.
I'm scheduled for 8/14... are these extensions included?

TheLion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
I'm suppose to receive mine today, ordered late June.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I'm suppose to receive mine today, ordered late June.
I ordered mine in June and they keep saying I missed the cutoff date, got email it was shipping on 7/29, now got another email that it is shipping 8/12......problems with having a JL and wanting stuff for it......

Sponsored

TheLion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
I ordered mine through Amazon, talked to Top Lift PRo over the phone, and it sounds like Amazon wasn't a good experience for them so they are only selling direct now. I forget the exact date, may have been mid June. All I know is I'm excited for it to become before summer is over.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I have had mine for several months even before my JLU arrived. I have been storing my hard top on it since May. The assembly is quite easy. I suggest spending some time with the cable and the release to ensure the teeth don't fully engage as the assembly manual states. If teeth are fully engaged coming down is difficult and will require two to get it to lower However once properly adjusted the process of lifting and lowering is very easy. My top sits in the garage and is easily moved when needed. In May the kids hadn't consumed the space under it with footballs and bikes...but that was part of the idea when I bought it...to allow storage space around and under so ... its doing its job times 2.

IMG_5061.JPG

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
C23AC266-6AD4-4CE3-967D-3C33D778E7B9.jpeg
7E1EB44C-CB90-40AA-A5C9-F2040D04D00C.jpeg
3DC60B97-08C1-4F1E-8FD8-D1D5EB2660C5.jpeg
I received my TLP a few days ago and put it together with my kids in an hour or so. It is a little different from the video’s I watched. I also had a few areas where my green and grey powder coating where scuffed, possibly from shipping. First time using it and it seemed to work fine. Placed the device under the top and placed it into position. I have the black sound panels and I am worried it will damage them over time. Placed the extensions on after removal and they also push into the black padding. It seems pretty solid with the extensions and I can park straight into the open area. Great concept!! Just a little sad it took so long for me to receive the product after delays and the pressure points hopefully won’t damage the sound pads. Tops off to everyone:like:
I never thought about the Hardtop insulation kits, as I installed those. Thanks for that update; they are expensive to tear up!

BrianUNC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Anvil 4XE
Ordered 1 July. Was supposed to receive end of July, called to check and was delayed until 8/14 shipment due to "overwhelming demand".
Same here. Can't wait to get it in!

Sponsored

Johnnynyc

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler sport
best money spent on my jeep now I'm not at the mercy of friends to help take my top off

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Delivery date 14Aug. Tomorrow. Maybe change it to processing date or shipping date.

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
When I emailed them they said “around 8/14” and that I’d receive a shipping email as well. Haven’t received a shipping email and the remaining charge on the card hasn’t gone through so I suspect it means it’ll be another week or two. I ordered 7/7.

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
I thought about one of these, but floor space is a premium for me, so I went this route:

$187 amazon for the hoist.
https://www.amazon.com/Racor-PHL-1R...8AO6?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&psc=1

I also bought the topsy brackets and quick straps for another $60.
http://www.topsyproducts.com/products/hinge_hook_hoist_bracket

I can leave the rear window down when removing so it goes up tight to the ceiling, no other issues.
I'm pretty happy with it.
Up in about 4 leisurely hours, (2 if I wanted to knock it out), and uses a 1/2" cordless drill.
I timed myself, (not rushing) top off in under 10 minutes solo.
Remove Torx screws, lower onto roof, clip on rear bracket straps, install front strap, lift with drill, done.
I can also put the freedom panels on it for full top removal as I have the 3 piece top on my 2 door.
Holds 250 lbs.

Forgot to mention $4 for noodles at Wally World, and my garage ceiling is 9'10", so that is another reason I used this system.

Hoist.jpg

Last edited:

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
When I emailed them they said “around 8/14” and that I’d receive a shipping email as well. Haven’t received a shipping email and the remaining charge on the card hasn’t gone through so I suspect it means it’ll be another week or two. I ordered 7/7.
When I emailed them last week they said "Yes your shipment will ship on or before August 14th." Today's the day, hoping they are on it!
Sponsored