Anyone have a TopLift Pro for JL?

Jungle31

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 and 2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
I assembled mine today. Took about two hours. Simple wrench work. Very good, detailed directions with color pics. It definitely requires some patient reading.

I was very impressed with the castors and overall materials and powdercoat. Very well made.

JLU Rubi Top lifts off fine, but as others have noted, I need to take care until the top is off and away from the vehicle and I can put the extended supports on to stabilize the top. It's not going anywhere, but you wouldn't want to roll it across a gutter or something until the extensions are in place.

No issues at all except I needed a 10mm wrench for 4 nuts. I really appreciated the packing. No a scratch or a rub on it anywhere.

Definitely pricey at $900-ish, but I like this so much better than the ceiling lift I used to have years ago.

TLP1.jpg

TLP2.jpg

TLP3.jpg

TLP4.jpg
Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Going to rain here this week so put my top back on yesterday.

I installed the tuffy security deck while the top was off, you have to remove the lid to take the top off and put it back on. Luckily, it only takes a few seconds to remove it but something I didn’t think about when I put it in.

General question for others using it. I am finding I have to go off and on at a slight angle or the top rubs against the spare tire holder by the light. Anyone else notice that?

Jungle31

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 and 2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
General question for others using it. I am finding I have to go off and on at a slight angle or the top rubs against the spare tire holder by the light. Anyone else notice that?
It actually mentions that in the user's manual. Come in and go out at a slight angle to clear the tailgate.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I assembled the lift today and all went well except for...no surprise...the adjustment.

There is so little play in the brake lever. Anyone know if it can be adjusted? It seems off. I was going to reach out to the company but wanted to see if anyone here had the same problem/issue.

Thanks

CA19C555-B868-4B51-B37D-E9DFE9CC6F00.jpeg

Sponsored

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Ok...just in case someone experiences the same problem I did, I just wanted to pass along the fix.

I ended up calling TLP and was told there is a tension screw located near the outside of the lever hinge. It takes a 2mm hex wrench to adjust. I backed the screw out and it adjusted the lever to where it should have been set to.

It would have been nice if that info was in the manual but I am glad they were able to handle it on the phone.

I will see if I can finish adjusting it this evening. Looking forward to finally using it.

elcue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara/Wrangler
I ordered one this week say will be here Tuesday. Now I just need the Jeep to get here haha. Dealer says they started to build mine this week as well.

dsbryant

Ok...just in case someone experiences the same problem I did, I just wanted to pass along the fix.

I ended up calling TLP and was told there is a tension screw located near the outside of the lever hinge. It takes a 2mm hex wrench to adjust. I backed the screw out and it adjusted the lever to where it should have been set to.

It would have been nice if that info was in the manual but I am glad they were able to handle it on the phone.

I will see if I can finish adjusting it this evening. Looking forward to finally using it.
I'm having the same issue. I will try this fix as well. How did your adjustments turn out?

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I'm having the same issue. I will try this fix as well. How did your adjustments turn out?
That was what it needed! Works great now. It was just so frustrating why there was so little play and no where to verify what it should look like.

Hope it works for you!

Sponsored

dsbryant

That was what it needed! Works great now. It was just so frustrating why there was so little play and no where to verify what it should look like.

Hope it works for you!
It worked for me as well. Thanks a bunch for posting this!! It is interesting they didn't add this tiny bit of information in the directions. I only had about an inch and a half of space between the handlebar and the brake to travel. It wasn't clearing the teeth no matter how many times I adjusted the yoke.

Now it works perfect!

Reactions: aml

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
I assembled mine today. Took about two hours. Simple wrench work. Very good, detailed directions with color pics. It definitely requires some patient reading.

I was very impressed with the castors and overall materials and powdercoat. Very well made.

JLU Rubi Top lifts off fine, but as others have noted, I need to take care until the top is off and away from the vehicle and I can put the extended supports on to stabilize the top. It's not going anywhere, but you wouldn't want to roll it across a gutter or something until the extensions are in place.

No issues at all except I needed a 10mm wrench for 4 nuts. I really appreciated the packing. No a scratch or a rub on it anywhere.

Definitely pricey at $900-ish, but I like this so much better than the ceiling lift I used to have years ago.

TLP1.jpg

TLP2.jpg

TLP3.jpg

TLP4.jpg
I agree with you. I used my TLP for the first time tonight and it does the job but there is certainly a big difference in removing the top of a JLU vs a JKU. On a JLU, it's a 2 person job. The JLU top seems longer and as soon as I back it off, the front end of the hard top wants to dip. I had my daughter back the top up for me as I supported the front end of the top. Once I put the support brackets on it was better and I felt comfortable leaving the top in the corner of my garage but it's definitely not as easy as all the videos of JKU tops neing removed. In retrospect, I'm not sure this was the best option for my JL hard top. I will post here again after I use it a few more times and can give a more user oriented opinion.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Took mine off yesterday and absolutely agree. Anyone else with a JLU think it is very unbalanced toward the front? I really thought it was going to fall off, scared me to death.
Yes. You are not alone in thinking this. I'm a little disappointed. It works but not like the videos of the JKU Hardtop being removed. Knowing this now, I'd have saved the money and done a Racor lift or something similar.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I had this problem at first, but after a lot of trial and error I have it where I can use all the teeth. However, I could never adjust it so that the pawl doesn't touch the teeth at all across the whole range of motion. It is clear from the bottom up to about 2/3 the way to the top, but then the pawl does rub ever so slightly the rest of the way.

It works fine and I probably won't be raising it up that high too often. I guess I can live with some scratched finish.

This thing works very well! So easy to get the top off! Went naked today for the first time!

IMG_2005.png

IMG_2009.png
IMO, the Toplift Pro works much better with a 2 door JL rather than the 4 door JL. If you had a 4 door, the front of the hard top would be tipping down instead of up like your top does.

smtp295

First Name
SMTP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
It's amazing, they've shipped mine the next day. They also assembled it for me (no charge). They also showed me how to use which will take you around 5 mins to take the top off with unbolting the screws.
Sponsored