Sponsored

Anyone have a Power Distribution from battery option?

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Hey All,

I'm looking for something for a single connection to the battery that I can wire to that instead of wiring to the battery. I have factory OEM aux switches already and don't need a switch kit. Just looking for straight power distribution.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
You can make one pretty easy using Anderson Power Poles as well.

OP
OP
Ct_Formula

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ct_Formula

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Additional switched options are sPod or SwitchPro
I have a switch pros new in the box and will probably sell it at some point. I had a touch screen sPod in my last Jeep and didnt care for it. There was too many funky things that went on with it, the boards went back to them twice and the touch screen was terrible to activate and delayed.

I went with OEM switches in my 392 so I don't have to mess around with a separate switch kit.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
I have a switch pros new in the box and will probably sell it at some point. I had a touch screen sPod in my last Jeep and didnt care for it. There was too many funky things that went on with it, the boards went back to them twice and the touch screen was terrible to activate and delayed.

I went with OEM switches in my 392 so I don't have to mess around with a separate switch kit.
Same here, touchscreen sPod was finicky and I'd go switches if I exceed the extra factory switches like you mentioned, I ordered them too with the High output Alternator/tow group etc. I think going dual batteries is on my list and switch to AGMs like I had in my GX, X2 Power warrantied from Batteries Plus nationwide, which will help you out traveling should something go wrong. Also having an isolator to crank off the secondary, and keep them separate will be in the works.

OP
OP
Ct_Formula

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Same here, touchscreen sPod was finicky and I'd go switches if I exceed the extra factory switches like you mentioned, I ordered them too with the High output Alternator/tow group etc. I think going dual batteries is on my list and switch to AGMs like I had in my GX, X2 Power warrantied from Batteries Plus nationwide, which will help you out traveling should something go wrong. Also having an isolator to crank off the secondary, and keep them separate will be in the works.
I also had the Genesis dual battery set up in my JK with AGM's and they were real nice but I had some kind of a draw and it drove me nuts keeping things charged even with that set up. So I'm going to take it REAL slow this time adding electrical stuff.

2021-07-05 12.17.22.jpg

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
I also had the Genesis dual battery set up in my JK with AGM's and they were real nice but I had some kind of a draw and it drove me nuts keeping things charged even with that set up. So I'm going to take it REAL slow this time adding electrical stuff.
I just went with REDARC stuff and was good, had the 1225BCDC with solar hooked up eventually, and a SBI12 in a custom battery box in the cargo area, and the Victron BMV-712 to monitor the usage and charge level on the secondary. Also had a HKS booster fuse to fool the smart alternator and keep the primary at 14.6, then used the 1225BCDC to charge the AUX while running once the primary was up to voltage while driving. It was a great setup.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ct_Formula

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I just went with REDARC stuff and was good, had the 1225BCDC with solar hooked up eventually, and a SBI12 in a custom battery box in the cargo area, and the Victron BMV-712 to monitor the usage and charge level on the secondary. Also had a HKS booster fuse to fool the smart alternator and keep the primary at 14.6, then used the 1225BCDC to charge the AUX while running once the primary was up to voltage while driving. It was a great setup.
Now that is interesting! I might have to do some looking into that. Yeah the systems can be quirky for sure, they look great out of the gate but aftert install little things pop up that drive you nuts!

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Now that is interesting! I might have to do some looking into that. Yeah the systems can be quirky for sure, they look great out of the gate but aftert install little things pop up that drive you nuts!
Yeah man it was the largest electrical project I pulled off lol, had to get some help with the SBI12 too, a lot of shops out there will proclaim to be "experts" but they don't know jack$hit and do things sloppier than you would drunk; lessons learned. I'll post up some pics of it all when I get to it, it was awesome.

OP
OP
Ct_Formula

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Yeah man it was the largest electrical project I pulled off lol, had to get some help with the SBI12 too, a lot of shops out there will proclaim to be "experts" but they don't know jack$hit and do things sloppier than you would drunk; lessons learned. I'll post up some pics of it all when I get to it, it was awesome.
LOL I know EXACTLY what you mean about experts! Yeah I'd love to see them when you get a chance no rush. Thanks for all the input

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
Though I don't disagree with many of these posts (I especially dig that badgeglow piece!) I think I need more info before I can recommend something to the OP. As a past car stereo installer, there are more than a few ways to get the OP what he/she wants. I've used blue sea distribution blocks in some installs (they are a great, compact piece with their own limitations like current limits) but I need to know what else you plan on powering. sPOD, switch pros, OEM aux switches are mainly there for low power options but there might be better options if you are needing more current capacity. What are the items that you would like to power off the battery? What option do you need in the future? What big power items are you going to use?

OP
OP
Ct_Formula

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
The only big power things will be a Winch, but that will go direct, other than that a ARB dual compressor at some point. The Stereo amplifiers I'll let that wizard figure it out in a few months.
Sponsored