Sponsored

Anyone have a High Altitude With the 3.0D?

OZJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf
Mine was just delivered.
Sponsored

OP
OP

OZJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf
Doubt there are more than 50 made. One of a kind?

image.jpg

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I can't decide if I love or hate that paint matched bumper?! I totally missed that they came paint matched when I was playing with them on the build configurator.

Congrats!

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
And what makes it good for driving in "High Altitudes "?? I don't get the whole large rims, low profile, street tires on an off-road vehicle. It looks like a Mercedes G-Wagon wannabe.

Sponsored

Harrybeerbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tackhawk
Just picked up a Black High Altitude with the diesel. When I purchased it I was convinced i would change the bumpers and wheels first thing. Now the bumpers are growing on me. Im also going to keep the wheels and install K02s.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I can't decide if I love or hate that paint matched bumper?! I totally missed that they came paint matched when I was playing with them on the build configurator.

Congrats!
I agree.

I'm a fan of Billet Silver.
I'm a fan of black wheels.
I'm a fan of Jeeps.
I'm a fan of diesel engines.

But there is something about the combo of all of those things that does not appeal to me. The one pictured above reminds me more of an ultra-expensive G-wagen or something. I just don't like it. Ick. I think there's just way too much silver or something. It actually has the reverse effect and makes it look cheesy. Remember the YJ Renegade? Yeah, sort of in that category.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Mine was just delivered.
Here's mine and I love it, just got back from a 855 mile round trip Northern Arizona, flawless averaged 23.8 GPM, my local dealer did the gearbox fix for me huge difference couldn't be happier, let go of the wheel on the straight no fade whatsoever. Tons of power!!! The upgraded trans which few don't know about come standard never searches for gears when it's ascending or descending the steep hills and grades smooth even while in cruise control. You tap the brakes a few times while descending a steep grade the diesel engine brake kicks in for you. Wheeled all day Saturday 80 miles used < 1/4 tank, always watched the gas gauge while wheeling in my JK so I knew when I had to turn around this time I thought I could go forever.

20201010_171025.jpg

20201010_115938.jpg

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So yesterday I drove the Jeep Gladiator High Altitude in Snazberry paint with the EcoDiesel.

- It has ESS, which I love. While sitting at a red light, fast food drive thru line, etc. there is NO fuel being wasted. I have no idea why they didn't do this on the Ram. This is probably why the Jeep guys are reporting much better MPG despite the truck having very similar curb weight.

- It has manual shifting. Another GREAT feature that should have been on the Ram. You can shift the 8HP75 manually with the AutoStick in the Jeep. VERY useful...a lot better than the stupid "gear lockout" feature in the Ram.

- Throttle was great. There wasn't any of the throttle lag, delay, or driveability issue with the Jeep. Press the pedal and it goes. Every time. It felt really good. I wish Ram felt that good. And despite having 38 lb/ft less torque on paper, the Jeep feels every drop as strong as the Ram.

Seems to me like the Jeep and Ram guys at FCA need to share notes.