Sponsored

Anyone have 2 door regret?

Saltysnook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door 2.0
I recently acquired our JLR 2 door and have two young kids. Most people would say I should have bought a 4 door, I had regret for about 24hrs. But my heart is with the 2 door. I was shocked at how easy my kids hop right into the back, most of the time without even folding the passenger seat forward. Cargo space is scarce while having the car seats installed but we have other boring cars in the driveway for that! No regrets.
Sponsored

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
My kid's Altima got totaled so I took advantage of some steep dealer discounts on Renegades and got her one of those. It's more Fiat than Jeep, but so far seems a decent vehicle for a college student.

But what does a 4dr quasi-Jeep have to do with a 2dr Jeep Wrangler? She's usually away in college so I don't see the Renegade much, but yesterday I noticed they're exactly the same length. 167" long. It's got a tiny engine, but I'm still surprised they managed to squeeze 2 extra doors and actual cargo storage in a vehicle that short. It's got a ridiculous amount of space inside compared to the Wrangler.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Used to have one of those. Sold it after a year as it did not grow on me. Hated the for its size huge turning circle... It is way easier to manoeuvre a 2dr Wrangler.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Used to have one of those. Sold it after a year as it did not grow on me. Hated the for its size huge turning circle... It is way easier to manoeuvre a 2dr Wrangler.
The turning radius of the Renegade, and 2 door JL are almost identical. I had a 2018 Renegade Trail Hawk, excellent under rated vehicle, A brief departure from the JKs, but couldn't stand being away from a Wrangler..
Renegade : 17.65/18.15
JL 2 door 17.3

Sponsored

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
The Renegade is a really nice, cheap compact SUV. That said, I had to drive it yesterday to haul some stuff and I've never felt more emasculated driving by real Jeeps while in that glorified Fiat 500x. Also I haven't had that much trouble merging into traffic since my VW Beetle days. That is one small engine.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Seen some vids of those renegades doing some stuff you wouldn't think they should. I am very pleased with my 2 door.

20191102_075426.jpg

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The Renegade is a really nice, cheap compact SUV. That said, I had to drive it yesterday to haul some stuff and I've never felt more emasculated driving by real Jeeps while in that glorified Fiat 500x. Also I haven't had that much trouble merging into traffic since my VW Beetle days. That is one small engine.
Maybe you had the small engine, 1.4 L ? I found the 2.4 in the Trail Hawk to be very responsive,but also note the Trail Hawk has a higher final drive ratio 4,33, if I remember correctly. Not at all the driving experience you describe, but then, mine was a Trail Hawk.

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Maybe you had the small engine, 1.4 L ? I found the 2.4 in the Trail Hawk to be very responsive,but also note the Trail Hawk has a higher final drive ratio 4,33, if I remember correctly. Not at all the driving experience you describe, but then, mine was a Trail Hawk.
It’s the Latitude trim and the smallest engine. I knew it was going to be slow, I’m just not used to that degree of slowness.

It’s a fine car for the price, though. It cost less than half my Jeep Sport.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My 2 door Sport, 2.0T, only options LSD, hard top, A/C, just passed 11,500 miles, no issues.
Rear seat removed , best Wrangler ever , in my opinion.
Certainly the last " affordable " one ; so glad FCA kept an entry level, capable vehicle that can be modified, or not, without a lot of costly items I don't want.

Sponsored

DDXDesign

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSS
I was a 2-door only guy when I had my JKs, so the first JL I looked at was a 2door. I was a little bit surprised and disappointed, it felt like the JL had far less room in the back, both seats and storage, than the JK. And my teenage daughter and her friends like to all pile in the back seat leaving me up front as chauffeur (they constantly did this in my Challenger, mind you; that was a feat sometimes). So I made peace with the 4 door and pulled the trigger on a JLU instead. I do still like the 2 doors better in many ways though.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Here's my story about the 2-door JL. My wife leased a JL Unlimited in May of '18. The first time we drove it with the top down and doors off I was hooked. After the lease was over on my Charger R/T in July of '19, I leased a 2-door JL base Sport. For me, it's the perfect commuter vehicle. I have to park on city streets and the Wrangler is almost 3' shorter than the Charger - that makes a huge difference in where I can park!! But my teenagers can climb in and out of the back with no problem and I can fit some groceries in it if I pack carefully and don't have to bring home larger items like a giant pack of paper towels :CWL: . It's not the ideal family hauler, but it works, and like I said, my wife has a 4-door JL for family road trips and other hauling duties.

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
I had a 2012 JK and it was 2 door....shoot I ran it forever with the back seat out...it was OK..now I am in a 2019 4 door...and Have to say for me...I really like having the extra room...been several times where I have picked up some items and I did not have to hook up the trailer...they fit right in the back...so guess depends on what you like...

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
No regrets here...I truly Love my 4 door over the 2 door....hands down
Sponsored