JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
YUP, MY WIFE COULDN'T STAND MY 2DR RUBICON---SO

I GOT A 4DR SAHARA--now she's happy and that's what really counts !

W.E.

JIMBO
Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Got back in my 2dr JLR after 22 days in the shop for warranty work. Could. Not. Be. Happier.

The JLU drives more like your average SUV by comparison - the 2 door feels special in a way that's not quite captured by the JLU, at least in stock form. It's like driving a bulldog.

That being said, I'd be in a JLU in a heartbeat over literally anything else if I need more space in the future. Both great rigs, but I'm taking advantage of the 2 door while it still exists and makes sense for my current life situation.

Last edited:

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
No regrets whatsoever. My wife has an Unlimited so we're covered when we need more space than mine will provide. I love the look, the way it handles, the size, just about everything. I think it would be a lot easier to get in the back if there was something to grab on to. For those that have 2 doors and use the backseats, do the aftermarket grab handles like this https://www.gpca.us/shop/gp-grip-pro-jl/ help with that at all?

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank my wife for giving me the green light for the 2 door, she's the best. :rock:

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I just took my SAHARA out in the sand to try out the new THUNDERER TRAC GRIP M/T-

SUNP0125_zpssuxpctr5.jpg

SUNP0123_zpspidou3ui.jpg

SUNP0122_zpscfb6dxtv.jpg

Also re-affirmed my belief in the NEVADA MUSTANGS hating us HUMANS
SUNP0126_zps9mqkgbv0.jpg

They don't CRAP in the bush, just where there are TIRE TREAD TRACKS !!!
SUNP0128_zpsdt0fn70q.jpg

W.E.

JIMBO

Lamb_8167

First Name
Linette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Recon
I’ve had 4 door Wranglers and two door Wranglers-my current being a 2018 JL Sport. While the 4 door was absolutely more practical when our son was still living at home, my heart was always with the 2 door which is why now that we are empty nesters, I got my 2 door. I love it so much. The fact that our second vehicle is a 4 door SUV made my decision a no brainer. I haven’t removed my rear seat, but it’s always flipped forward and I have plenty of room. There’s just something about the look of the 2 door that has always had me hooked. No regrets whatsoever.

3CACD732-EEED-4BD1-A666-BFE7D636A7EC.jpeg

Sponsored

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I travel quite a bit and have occasion to rent JLUs from time to time. Every time I drive one, I have a renewed appreciation for my 2DR. For me, the 4DR is just way too long (the Gladiator feels even more bulky). If I wanted a vehicle that large, I'd buy an Expedition or an F150 (actually, the wife drives a 4 door F150, so when we need a ridiculously large vehicle, we take that). I enjoy the tight turn radius and ride of the shorter 2DR, not to mention the more aesthetically pleasing appearance (Jeeps just aren't supposed to have more than 2 doors IMO).

That said, the 2DR is a basically a 2 seater. Hard to understand why they even bother putting a seat in the back- it came out 15 minutes after getting the Jeep home from the dealer, and it'll go back in 15 minutes before I trade it in. With the back seat removed, there's plenty of room for anything I need to carry.

The only possible regret is the complete and utter lack of aftermarket parts specifically made for the 2DR!

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
I have had a lifted, 2-dr JK for five years and just sold it and have a JLU diesel on order. I do a lot of long distance driving (12 hours at a pop) and the 2-dr is not good for carrying lots of gear and windy conditions. I will miss the small size for some off-roading.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I had a two door TJ way back when. I forgot how small the trunk space was! It was a hard top that was impossible for me to remove so I left it on almost the entire time I had it.

Forward many years later and I just bought my second Wrangler, another 2 door this past Monday. I forgot that the trunk space was not covered! Never had that concern before since my hard top was always on. It’s crazy that a car wouldn’t have a secured trunk to keep valuables locked in.

I have a soft top this time around. I want to take full advantage of having a Wrangler this time, no more hard tops for me. I bought a cargo cover to keep groceries and things out of sight since I’m cruising around safari style right now.

Only thing I envy in a 4 door is the bigger trunk space. But my seats are folded up all the time so it’s really not a problem for me unless I have passengers in the back, which isn’t often.

I love my 2 door, I’m on my second one and it’s all I ever want.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
NOPE 6th wrangler and 5 have been 2 door! The jku I had was imo just to much vehicle for my needs. So this time around back in the 2 door and I feel like I am home.

Sponsored

krucam

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra, 2019 JLR ordered 12/22/2018
Occupation
FAA
3rd Jeep, 3rd 2-door/stick/soft top. The JL is way better for storage if the rear seat is folded forward. This is obviously not an option with kids, etc...but that’s not my case now.

Nothing beats the look of the Original.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Not one second...........we have had 2 Jeeps and the timing has worked out for the 2 door on both occasions. First time, our 2 kids were young and could climb all over a 2 door. Well, back then the 4 door was just a dream anyway. Now our kids are on their own and we decided to get the 2 door again. Love the classic look and perfect for just my wife and me.

However, if the timing was different, I could see driving a 4 door. They are more practical hauling people and stuff.

We all look alike from the front!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
No regrets here either. All of my other Wranglers ('97 TJ, '15 JK) were 2-doors also. My current JLR 2-door is by far the best one yet. I love the tight turning radius and compact size. Perfect for tight city parking.

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
I've owned a 2012, 2016 and just placed an order for a 2020, all 2 doors. Married with 2 kids (1 kid is now out of the house). For what I use my jeep for, I would never own a 4 door. There are many times when I'm up in the mountains, or deserts exploring and need to turn around on a dime due to a washed out road, fallen tree and etc. I would never be able to make the maneuvers I make in a 4 door. Plus, 2 doors are just way cooler!!!

Concerning room: Non Issue. The back seat folds down and you would be amazed at how much room is back there. I literally carried home a bunch of fire wood for my smoker during this last deer hunt just a few weeks ago. My wife and I have also packed tons of groceries back there when we've taken the Jeep to the grocery store. I've carried TV's home from Walmart and other large type items.

On a side note; not trying to sound rude or anything like that, but if you have obese family members/friends that you like to Jeep with, then you may want to consider a 4 door. An obese person would have a very hard time getting into the back seats. Once in the back seat they would be fine, but it would be challenging for them to fit between the door jam and passenger seat when getting back there.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Any hockey players driving a two door? If so, does your bag fit in the "trunk" area without the seats folded forward?
Sponsored