First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Occupation
I deliver spirits in the Rocky Mtns!
I presently have a 2014 JKUR, and sometimes think it's just too big for my needs. I really want a 2 door JL, but worry that it'll be too small. I have no need for the back seat, and although I can't find pictures with the back seat removed, I know it's possible. Anyone have experience with this dilemma? Pictures with the back seat removed?
Sponsored

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
I presently have a 2014 JKUR, and sometimes think it's just too big for my needs. I really want a 2 door JL, but worry that it'll be too small. I have no need for the back seat, and although I can't find pictures with the back seat removed, I know it's possible. Anyone have experience with this dilemma? Pictures with the back seat removed?
I had a 2012 JKR two door, removed the rear seat; had plenty of room. Get the trailer hitch option and buy a cargo carrier that hooks into the hitch. You also have the option of towing a flat bed trailer.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I had no problems with my 2 door other than when it had a soft top with zippers. With my 4 door I could easily toss stuff in the back seat, on my 2 door I found myself using the trunk way too frequently. I ended up getting a trektop Pro, and it made daily driving/hauling so much better. I rarely took out the seat, but even the flip/tumble feature leaves you with a good amount of room.

southtj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ Sahara
Three jeeps over 13 years and every one a two door. I am married with one child and a lab and have never had a problem. My wife has an SUV for bigger loads or when we go out so there is rarely more than two people in my Jeep. I have never once regretted it. The seat comes out easily on my TJ but don't think I ever took it out on my JK but folding it up gives you that extra room if you need a little more space for hauling something or for dogs.

OP
OP
Dude's Jeep

Dude's Jeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Occupation
It looks like I'm going to be waiting for the color I want, so hopefully I'll get a chance to drive one, and take the back seat out... do you think they'll let me take the boss with me for the test drive?

IMG_20170904_110345_388.jpg

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like I'm going to be waiting for the color I want, so hopefully I'll get a chance to drive one, and take the back seat out... do you think they'll let me take the boss with me for the test drive?

IMG_20170904_110345_388.jpg
Probably not, but if your even in Houston you and Boss are welcome to test drive mine when I get it. I lost my Jeepin buddy a few months ago(I have two other dogs, but they won't stay in the Jeep at slow speeds. If they see a person or another animal they are jumping out to greet them.)
39182813851_a56316ce93_b.jpg

OP
OP
Dude's Jeep

Dude's Jeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Occupation
Lol, thanks! Sorry about your Jeeping buddy :( Scarlett only jumped out once, and that's because a chair I was moving for my daughter fell over and smacked her in the butt! Luckily, I was doing about 5mph when she launched out the window.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I originally purchased the Safari Straps b/c I was concerned about him jumping out(That was when I first got my 2012.) The three Jeeps after he always insisted on sitting in the front seat, the only time he let my wife sit up front was when the doors were off. I really liked that the Trektop Pro had a rear window vent for him or rear passengers on my 2 door(Mainly for longer trips where I took the top off when we got to our destination.)

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I went the other way. I had a JKR but I couldn't accommodate my hound dog when I go wheeling. I strap tools and such in the back and he's too big for the front seat. I opted to go JLUR this time so he can go with me.

sbmitch2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram, 2018 Bright White JLU
I went the other way. I had a JKR but I couldn't accommodate my hound dog when I go wheeling. I strap tools and such in the back and he's too big for the front seat. I opted to go JLUR this time so he can go with me.
Me too, I had a 2-door and with the dog and daughter we could never take it anywhere because of room for three. Th3 JLU wo4ks much better fo4 us!

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Had a two door CJ many many years ago and then. Cherokee in 2007 (4) door and then had a (2) door pickup and my son has a two wrangler and I got tired of flipping that front seat to climb in the back so when he talked me into a Wrangler I went with a JLU and don’t regret the (4) doors

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I've had 2 Wranglers with 2 doors, and 2 with 4 doors. The 4 door handles road a A LOT better, smoother ride, etc. I don't think I could go back to a 2 door wrangler.

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
this is my first 2 dr. thoughts so far is that I like it. I fold the seat down and there is a lot of room. even more if I take the back seat out. its not a big deal for me to open the back and get or put stuff in. time will tell.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I loved my 2 door JKR. My Girlfriend and I got really good at fitting a lot of stuff in a small space. Plenty for a 4 day off road trip. I had the rear seat out 100% of the time.

Loved the nimbleness of the 2 door and I think you’d enjoy it. However, I really love my 4 door JL now.

Someday I want to buy another Jeep. Probably a TJ.

gungadin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I really liked my JKWW two door. It's size was convenient around town or on tight trails. My wife and I don't have kids, so the size was rarely an issue. We practically never had the back seat in. However on the rare occasion that we would need to put it in, the JK's rear seat was a real bear. Heavy and awkward to get into place. It wasn't a dealbreaker though. Although I prefer the looks of the two door JL, I decided to go for a JLUR. I am glad that I did. The greater room and more comfortable seating is worth it to me. It's more stable and rides a bit better at speed. With the seats folded, it has more room than my Forester with the seats folded. My thought is that the more you need the back seat, the more the four door makes sense. If you rarely or never use it, go two door. Otherwise the four may be your best bet.
Sponsored