BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
2 door regret? Before seeing this Jeep: zilch

Seeing this 4 door... making me wonder if I made the right choice after all. 'Dat breakover angle.

Please don't tell me this 4 door has 4 wheel steering and thus a tighter turning radius than a 2 door.

:LOL:
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The trailer route is what I'm doing.
I have a hiker trailer on order around October this year. Until then I have a nice trailer with a roof top tent. I plan on picking up a small 5 x 8 utility trailer for any other hauling I need. I will say, for my dog I bought the annex and he sleeps in the bottom while I'm on top.

I had a 4 door and never used half the space. But it's also just me and my golden.
20190803_192702.jpg
Lol I ordered a hiker trailer too.

shane340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR

Uh oh looks like you have a gladiator now šŸ˜‚. What was that change like? If I traded my 2 door, a Gladiator would be the only thing Iā€™d consider. Iā€™d rather go all out if Iā€™m switching to 4 doors.

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I think about it once every month or two - that a Gladiator on 60s and a full overlanding setup in and above the bed would be an incredible go-anywhere camping rig. Or a JLU with the Ursa Minor pop top.

Then I think about how it'd cost probably twice what my rig costs to be happy with it, and I'm not at the point in my life yet where I want to give up the agility of the 2dr. Need to hit the Rubicon, Dusy Ershim, and spend a month or two in Moab with this one first.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have 2 door regret? 89293F9A-EF32-450E-859C-25F8F02F306D_1_105_c

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
The real regret with a 2 door is when you sell it and think back. I always think damn that would have looked great sitting in my drive way as a 3rd vehicle. Shouldn't have traded it. Should have just toughed it out having 2 payments for a year or two.

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
They let me take Luca (my Weimaraner) for a test drive! And there is TONS of room with the seat removed - I keep a full sized dog bed back there 24/7. :). No regrets here, the seat comes out very easily and if you get a Christmas tree storage bag off Amazon, you have an inexpensive way to keep it pristine while storing it.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Uh oh looks like you have a gladiator now šŸ˜‚. What was that change like? If I traded my 2 door, a Gladiator would be the only thing Iā€™d consider. Iā€™d rather go all out if Iā€™m switching to 4 doors.
I just wish it had 2 doors. Ride is great but I do miss my 2 door.

hsracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2DR JL Sport (Sold); 2022 JLU Sport S ordered
I loved my two door, but once the thought of having a two door with a family on the way in the not too distant future entered my head....

Anyway, I have a 4dr now

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The real regret with a 2 door is when you sell it and think back. I always think damn ... would have [been] a great ... 3rd vehicle.
^ this!

shane340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Going to be giving my 2 door a challenge this year with lots of off-roading and over landing trips. The previous year was off-roading and staying in hotels or cabins. Off-road the 2 door Rubicon with only 35 inch ATs is better or just as good as anyone else on the trail, makes things look so easy for what it is. Iā€™m a bit worried about storage space but I adventure solo as my friends have their own rigs, and the future wife wonā€™t be coming along on most overland trips. I think down the road if/when kids are here a Gladiator will be in my future but until then Iā€™m going to push the 2 door to its (storage) limits. Iā€™ll cross the ā€œI need more spaceā€ bridge when I come to it. Iā€™m hoping that down the road I can make the 2 door Rubicon an adventure-only rig and have a Gladiator sport as the DD and build that up over time. Iā€™m trying to live in the moment, and for now the 2 door fits the bill, hopefully it will always have a place in my garage. But it may become a luxury to keep it as it becomes less practical to hang on to.

shane340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I just wish it had 2 doors. Ride is great but I do miss my 2 door.
Haha a 2 door Gladiator would be amazing. Iā€™d give up a 2 door JL for a 2 door JT in a heartbeat. Is there anything specific that you miss about the 2 door? What is more fun on the trails? It seems like 2 door would be more fun but JT less stressful as the ride is plush and storage is practically endless.
Sponsored