Anyone have 2 door regret?

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
My Rubi 2-door is just over a year old and I still have zero regrets! Plenty of room for me, my girl and enough gear for a weekend getaway! Had I any second thoughts about a 2-door, I would not have invested nearly the $$$ on custom upgrades...About the only thing that would make me consider trading her would be if Jeep offered a V8 2-door and according to higher ups at FCA (this could change under new ownership) that is not happening...
I don't think that will never happen. We may be only 4 or 5 more model years from seeing no more V6 Wranglers.

4cyl's have won the internal combustion wars.
Sponsored

Zukoda

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
My only regret is that the 2 door has such a low tow capacity that I had to get a 4 door just to be able to pull my boat... I'd much rather have a 2 door.

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I had 2 4-door XJs, then 2 2-door JK Wranglers, briefly an Unlimited JL Wrangler and now a Gladiator. I really miss having the 2-door Wrangler. I like the Gladiator but don't really need a truck anymore and it's just too damn long for what I like. So I'm thinking of going back to the 2-door Wrangler but an Unlimited would better suit my needs for that extra room. I'm considering taking a minimalist approach and just getting a basic Sport with the soft top. I'm also trying to decide between the pentastar and the turbo. But I have the heated seats now and would really like to have that, but can't get that with the basic Sport.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I had 2 4-door XJs, then 2 2-door JK Wranglers, briefly an Unlimited JL Wrangler and now a Gladiator. I really miss having the 2-door Wrangler. I like the Gladiator but don't really need a truck anymore and it's just too damn long for what I like. So I'm thinking of going back to the 2-door Wrangler but an Unlimited would better suit my needs for that extra room. I'm considering taking a minimalist approach and just getting a basic Sport with the soft top. I'm also trying to decide between the pentastar and the turbo. But I have the heated seats now and would really like to have that, but can't get that with the basic Sport.
Yea, I keep thinking I'm just gonna buy an absolute base Sport at the end of the JL generation, but the heated seats and remote start in my Sport S are just so nice. I always hated having to trudge out in the snow at 5:30 in the morning to start warming my car up, and I really don't wanna go back to that. I think realistically Sport S is where I wanna stay.

Sponsored

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, I keep thinking I'm just gonna buy an absolute base Sport at the end of the JL generation, but the heated seats and remote start in my Sport S are just so nice. I always hated having to trudge out in the snow at 5:30 in the morning to start warming my car up, and I really don't wanna go back to that. I think realistically Sport S is where I wanna stay.
Definitely. I think having a soft top with heated seats would be better than not. And the remote start is great.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Probably not, but if your even in Houston you and Boss are welcome to test drive mine when I get it. I lost my Jeepin buddy a few months ago(I have two other dogs, but they won't stay in the Jeep at slow speeds. If they see a person or another animal they are jumping out to greet them.)
39182813851_a56316ce93_b.jpg
Sorry about losing your buddy. I laughed at the other jump out to meet people. I just got harnesses so that my three can't do that, because they would want to.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
My only regret is that the 2 door has such a low tow capacity that I had to get a 4 door just to be able to pull my boat... I'd much rather have a 2 door.
I just read a yesterday where the guy was pulling a ski boat with his JLR, but he said he wouldn't pull it on pubic roads. Now I can't find that thread.

I plan on pulling a boat with my JLR, but I live 1 mile from the harbor and the cops in Maui don't pull you over unless you're waving a gun out the window. The speed limit most of the way is 20 MPH, I'll probably tow it at 15 MPH.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Sometimes i wish Jeep would release a new version of the original unlimited. The stretched wheel base 2 door TJ.

Im not married and no kids, i have the JLU purely for the extra room in the back for camping gear and my bed. No one ever uses my back seats and theyā€™re folded down into the floor most the time. I like to sleep in my vehicle while doing primitive camping, for added security.

If Jeep brought back the stretch wheelbase 2 door, i think it would do really well. Personally speaking, i dont need the 4 door but i like that little extra space.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I'm considering taking a minimalist approach and just getting a basic Sport
Thats what i have. The JLU Sport 3.6L with a 6 Speed Manual. Very basic, I like it a lot. Some people dont like the 4 doors without electric locks, ive had mine for a while now and its not even a big deal to me. But im also single with no kids, live a pretty basic life. My 3 doors get rarely unlocked because i donā€™t bring people with me. The few times ive had people with me i just told them to leave the doors unlocked and dont leave anything valuable in the Jeep. I keep the center console and globebox locked for little things like registration, change, and a few tools.

Sponsored

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats what i have. The JLU Sport 3.6L with a 6 Speed Manual. Very basic, I like it a lot. Some people dont like the 4 doors without electric locks, ive had mine for a while now and its not even a big deal to me. But im also single with no kids, live a pretty basic life. My 3 doors get rarely unlocked because i donā€™t bring people with me. The few times ive had people with me i just told them to leave the doors unlocked and dont leave anything valuable in the Jeep. I keep the center console and globebox locked for little things like registration, change, and a few tools.
That's great. I ended up ordering a JLU Willys on 4/20 and it was delivered yesterday. Try as I might but I couldn't give up the heated seats.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Cant regret something I haven't been home to drive... When I do find it not fitting for the situation, then either they drive/uber themselves or I rent a truck.

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
My 2 door regret?ā€¦

I regret I didnā€™t get a 2 door. I havenā€™t had my back seats used in over two years now; they just stay folded down all the time.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
My 2 door regret?ā€¦

I regret I didnā€™t get a 2 door. I havenā€™t had my back seats used in over two years now; they just stay folded down all the time.
It's never been a better time to trade for the correct Jeep. More so when you're retired, no better time then the now.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I just read a yesterday where the guy was pulling a ski boat with his JLR, but he said he wouldn't pull it on pubic roads. Now I can't find that thread.

I plan on pulling a boat with my JLR, but I live 1 mile from the harbor and the cops in Maui don't pull you over unless you're waving a gun out the window. The speed limit most of the way is 20 MPH, I'll probably tow it at 15 MPH.
It wasn't me, but I have pulled a ski boat with my JLR (~2400 pounds + dual axle trailer). Didn't go over about 40 MPH, and was extremely cautious. The short wheelbase + shitty steering makes for an interesting combination when towing...
Sponsored