Anyone have 2 door regret?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
No regrets whatsoever with my JLR! However, I am lucky enough to have a Ram Longhorn that I use when I take clients out or double date :)
Sponsored

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Take way the 4dr. guys posting of why they got 4, not much 2 dr. owner regret. I'm thinking the 4 dr.:no: guys down deep have regrets:whatsgoingon:
Not in the slightest. I rarely ever have a passenger and no kids or dogs in the Jeep and never even considered a two door. I think 4 doors look much more balanced especially lifted and with bigger wheels. Not like Tonka toys...:)

Smoke ‘Em

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR
No regrets at all. Love my JLR! Rear seat came out the second I arrived home from the dealership. When I drive my Jeep it’s always just me and maybe one other person. I prefer the way the 2 door looks and drives and love the ease of parking. To be fair, if it was an only car situation, I wouldn’t have chosen a 2 door, probably not even a Jeep. If I have the desire for comfort or speed or the ability to haul I have other options. But I daily this JLR and it’s a damn hoot to drive. Horses for courses.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Love the 2dr, short wheelbase fan for 43 years! Only regret is that f'n 17 gallon fuel tank, the 4drs are a bit less economical, but not friggin 4 gallons less :( :( :(

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Yes, it’s funny how all the four-door people have to run to a two door thread and tell us how much they like four doors. It’s obvious that they’re trying to overcompensate or they regret it or whatever. The same thing happens if you post about the automatic. the stick shift guys run in there and tell you how stupid automatic is and you should have a manual.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I guess I do.

I have a JLR and I love the fun-factor of the 2-door. I love how it’s unique and classic Jeep. However, it’s being bought back due to steering and I’m getting a JLUR.

The primary reason is that hubby drives a roadster and my Jeep is our practical vehicle and the only one we can use to take the dog anywhere. Dog + beach chairs + cooler = tight fit. Our visiting family is a challenge—especially with luggage. I was resisting the idea of the JLUR because my JLR is just so cool, but I remembered how much I loved driving my hubby’s JKUR and how a JLUR is still more fun than any other SUV (can’t take the doors off a Macan!).

I ordered a JLUR and am excited to get it. I’m sure I’ll always look at the 2-door JLs wistfully, but will be happy with my Punk’n JLUR.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Let’s put it this way. The small amount of times that I had to let passengers into the back. I hate having 2 doors, but I’ve never hated having 4 doors

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Count me as 1 Four Door Owner with no regrets nor cares what you buy.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
When my JLU lease is up, I will be trading it in for a 2 dr sport with LSD rear, auto and 2.0 and premium soft top.

I leased the 4 dr because I wasn't sure I would like it enough to actually buy it, I drove a 2 dr yj and tj for half a trillion years.

I do like the 4dr, but it hasn't grown on me enough to buy it.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

Bornabe

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Turbo EcoDiesel (Hellayella)
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a 2004 TJ and a 2011 2 Door JK and have never had regrets with them. Current situation puts me in the need for the 4-Door which I ordered but we're keeping the TJ and if anyone wants in it's back seat, there's a lever that moves the seat forward enough to help, lol. Hop in, 2 Doors rock!!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yes, it’s funny how all the four-door people have to run to a two door thread and tell us how much they like four doors. It’s obvious that they’re trying to overcompensate or they regret it or whatever. The same thing happens if you post about the automatic. the stick shift guys run in there and tell you how stupid automatic is and you should have a manual.
Happens on 2.0T threads also. There's a thread asking anyone who actually owns a 2.0T if they have regrets? 99% of the actual 2.0T owners love them and have no regrets. Quite a few 3.6 owners, 3.6 potential owners chime in saying how much the love their 3.6s and hate the 2.0T.

The 3.0 Diesel is available now and the Plug-In Hybrid will be available soon. I expect the same on those threads.

For years the was only ONE engine option. Now there is the 3.6ESS, 3.6 eTorque, 2.0T ESS, 2.0T eTorque, 3.0T Diesel, and soon to be Plug-in Hybrid. That's 5 possibly 6 engine choices offer for a Wrangler. We also have 2-doors, 4-doors, pick-ups, Sports, Sahara, Rubicon, Recon, and all the other special editions. Something for everyone. I am glad we have choices. Everyone can pick their own poison.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the 2dr, short wheelbase fan for 43 years! Only regret is that f'n 17 gallon fuel tank, the 4drs are a bit less economical, but not friggin 4 gallons less :( :( :(
Same here. I LOVE the 2-doors! Owned a TJ and JK 2-door and loved the short wheel base. Own a 2-door Rubicon now. The shorter 2-door is a great size for parallel parking in the city. I don't like the fact that the 2-door has a smaller gas tank. I made a little driving range up with the 2.0.

I wanted a Diesel 2-door but FCA is not offering the Diesel in a 2-door. It probably was a non-starter anyway for me because I learned my driving habits are not ideal for a Diesel. Bummer!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hate the fact that the 2-door has become the Wrangler stepchild. The 2-door is what started it all for the Wrangler yet it gets stiffed out of engine choices, certain models, etc.