Anyone have 2.0 Turbo regret?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I wondered whether or not it was wise to get the e-Torque feature or wait until 2021 and get the I4 without. I assume your Wrangler does NOT have e-Torque.
No ETorque on the 2.0T for the 2021 model year, which is what I have.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Unnecessary complexity, in my estimation, even when it functions without issue. The turbocharged four cylinder acquits itself very well without the E-Torque hardware in situ.

Further, as the post preceding this one (and others like it) makes plain, owners have experienced a few issues that may be or have been walked back to the system's battery, etc.

E.g., the problem most frequently documented on this forum is inverter overheating after long periods of operation in 4 Low. This is a real Achilles heel, with respect to the Wrangler's mission brief.
This all all conjecture and FUD.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
No ETorque on the 2.0T for the 2021 model year, which is what I have.
Yeah I got a 2021 2.0T as well, love it so far. Being in Colorado the turbo is a nice feature to have vs a NA engine. Only had it 5 months but so far it's been problem free, gets decent MPG and the power it makes is great.

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The 2L Hurricane Turbo gives me the same drive feeling of my old straight 6 4L TJ, Which was also my last 2door wrangler... im so glad to be back in a 2 door but this time in the JL Rubicon. My last 2 in-between Wranglers were the JKU1 and JKU2... at high elevations where I live, the v6 Naturally aspirated engine don't work to well... plus this is where jeeps come to play. The turbo solves that issue immediately. Love the immediate power on and off road, there is no lag or high revving when powering up obstacles off road or when passing someone in the fast lane. IMMEDIATE POWER AT LOW RPMS. GREAT GAS MILEAGE... Also if you want a more powerful sounding motor get the dynomax exhaust delete .. man it sounds good!

Finally, I am not sure how the 2L works when combined with the heavier 4 door wagon but its a perfect Power plant for the 2 door. More than enough power and torque to spin those big tires. I'm running 35s right now with no issue but plan to go with 37s soon.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have 2.0 Turbo regret? 20210225_175940

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The 2L Hurricane Turbo gives me the same drive feeling of my old straight 6 4L TJ, Which was also my last 2door wrangler... im so glad to be back in a 2 door but this time in the JL Rubicon. My last 2 in-between Wranglers were the JKU1 and JKU2... at high elevations where I live, the v6 Naturally aspirated engine don't work to well... plus this is where jeeps come to play. The turbo solves that issue immediately. Love the immediate power on and off road, there is no lag or high revving when powering up obstacles off road or when passing someone in the fast lane. IMMEDIATE POWER AT LOW RPMS. GREAT GAS MILEAGE... Also if you want a more powerful sounding motor get the dynomax exhaust delete .. man it sounds good!

Finally, I am not sure how the 2L works when combined with the heavier 4 door wagon but its a perfect Power plant for the 2 door. More than power and so much torque you will love spinning those big tires
The 2.0/8-speed combo is great on the 4 door version! I'm lifted over 4" and on 38x13.5's, and have no immediate need for regearing.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone have 2.0 Turbo regret? 20201223_143757

Sponsored

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I'm enjoyin' the hell outta my Turbo. As many have said in this thread, mine is new and time will tell.

I'm right in the middle of my 87 vs. 92 octane fuel comparison. It certainly runs better. What I am trying to determine is if there is any real benefit (better mileage) using one or the other.

I've had several vehicles that did run better on 92 octane but I never did see much, if any, mileage improvement. Guess I have a right foot problem. ;)

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I love my 2018 2 Dr, mine has E - Torque, no issues, 20,000 miles.
I find that the 91 octane, non- ethanol gives excellent mileage, high 20s, and response. It's more expensive by 60 cents per gallon,so I use it it hot weather. Otherwise, 89 octane, .30 more, but only 5% Ethanol. ( Blend of 91, zero ethanol, and 89, 10% ethanol).

Sponsored

dana harding

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I have own four Jeeps over the last 25 years before I bought my 2020 Rubicon. My first jeep had a 4 cylinder was weak at best. The next three were the 4.0 L straight 6 cylinder that lasted 230K + miles but finally died. That engine had it's on problems and it was the luck of the draw getting a problem or a great engine. I went into the dealer with my mind made up to get the 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine until I drove the same vehicle with the 2.0L turbo. The response between the two was night and day. I had issues with the ESS but Jeep fixed that. The premium gas is not an issue when I get that much power, response and average 23 mpg and sometimes have gotten 28 mpg on the highway. I am use getting 15 mpg and half the power in a jeep. The thing I love Jeep is you can make it the way you want is and that includes the engine.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
On we've had our '19 now for 2 years and only has 12k on it.

No regrets at all

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR on 37s
Just picked up a 2021 JLUR with 2.0T. So far, I am impressed. Has good mileage (for a Jeep) and the power is good. If I had to be critical on anything, it would be noise…it’s a loud motor.

I have owned the 3.6 in a 2012 JKU, 2015 JKU, 2018 JLUR, and 2020 JTR and as good of an engine as it is…it’s torque needs to be lower in the RPMs.
Sponsored