www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
20200107_162308.jpg
Hello guy, first post here. I love my 2.0. Its the second one we have bought. Have owned several cars and trucks with turbo. I like how easy it is to straight pipe and tune turbo motors. I feel the Jeep has great torque and gets off the line well with large tires.
What size tires, did you re-gear?

-Steven

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
Nope

no-ragrets2.jpg

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I love mine (2018) so much, I just bought another one! Brand new 2019 with the 2.0 eTorque. After driving a 2020 2.0 (non eTorque) and reading about all of the problems the ESS has, I decided to get the 2019 with the BSG.

JustaJL

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2.0t
Occupation
Owner, Driveline Tech and Fabrication
We have a 2020 2.0T non E torque that just rolled over 7k. So far it has been amazing. It is Fast As F*ck considering how much is weighs. I just got a Mini Tazer so I can disable the ESS. We just did a mild snow wheeling day trying to get to a high mountain lake and the Jeep did an amazing job. Just wish I had more funds for a bigger tires, lift, bumper, winch, skid plates.

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
I bought my 2019 Rubi because of the punk'n color and beautiful black leather interior. The "upgrade" 2.0 turbo was not my choice motor but I have no patience and wanted that orange Rubi now...lol. Now after several months of driving it and after installing MF axel back system I love it. It amazes me how much torque and acceleration comes out of that little power plant. Absolutely no regrets here.

JeepColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Just got back from Moab- drove from Denver with the wife and dog and a little over-packed for a 3-day weekend. We came through Eisenhower Tunnel at over 11,000 feet, was doing 80+ on I-70 across the flats in Western Utah, wheeled over 50 miles of trails in Moab, then drove back. I've been skeptical of the turbo, but the 3.6 has always felt weak and I can't stand the sounds and smells of diesels so I went with the little 4. I have been AMAZED at how well it does. We had no issues- it never once felt like it needed more. Admittedly, the 4 won't do much for your ego- it's not a rippin' V8, but outside of crazy it'll do anything you want it to.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Just got back from Moab- drove from Denver with the wife and dog and a little over-packed for a 3-day weekend. We came through Eisenhower Tunnel at over 11,000 feet, was doing 80+ on I-70 across the flats in Western Utah, wheeled over 50 miles of trails in Moab, then drove back. I've been skeptical of the turbo, but the 3.6 has always felt weak and I can't stand the sounds and smells of diesels so I went with the little 4. I have been AMAZED at how well it does. We had no issues- it never once felt like it needed more. Admittedly, the 4 won't do much for your ego- it's not a rippin' V8, but outside of crazy it'll do anything you want it to.
Nice report on the 2.0L! I've driven that same road many times heading to Moab in my current JKU...always wished for more HP at the altitude and on that grade.

I think Jeep has a good powerplant here, and that's why they are packaging it in the new Recon.

-Steven

Sponsored

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I love the 2.0L. I've never had a 4 cylinder engine before so I was a little hesitant at first but it accelerates better than 4.0L, 3.8L and 3.6L V6s in my previous Jeeps. The only thing I wish I could change is the "applicance" sound of it when stepping on the gas.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I love the 2.0L. I've never had a 4 cylinder engine before so I was a little hesitant at first but it accelerates better than 4.0L, 3.8L and 3.6L V6s in my previous Jeeps. The only thing I wish I could change is the "applicance" sound of it when stepping on the gas.
Yeah, agree! The sound could be improved.

I wonder if an intake, downpipe and exhaust could make that more desirable???

-Steven

goboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Altitude
I too was hesitant., After driving multiple times back to back the turbo won out. The V6 felt more labored and the engine reved at a higher pitch. The turbo was smooth getting up to 70 mph into a very strong headwind. The V6 got there, but it felt like the engine had to work harder.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Overlay the sound with a recording of a burbling V8, like Ford does with the 4 cylinder Mustang....
Haha, I hear the howl of the coyote coming through the speakers now!

-Steven
Sponsored