Anyone have 2.0 Turbo regret?

DENT1325

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Loving the 2.0 so far. I have close to 2000 miles on it with 0 issues. One thing I don’t like... FCA has set the throttle to open rediculously slow. Step on the pedal and it takes a while for the throttle to open. I think a lot of people have mistaken this for turbo lag. I’ve driven a lot of turbos and this one is great, very little lag. My SRT challenger did the same thing. I bought a little device to put inline behind the pedal to boost voltage and fix it. Made a huge difference, hopefully someone will make one for the jl.

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
Loving the 2.0 so far. I have close to 2000 miles on it with 0 issues. One thing I don’t like... FCA has set the throttle to open rediculously slow. Step on the pedal and it takes a while for the throttle to open. I think a lot of people have mistaken this for turbo lag. I’ve driven a lot of turbos and this one is great, very little lag. My SRT challenger did the same thing. I bought a little device to put inline behind the pedal to boost voltage and fix it. Made a huge difference, hopefully someone will make one for the jl.
Pedal Commander makes one.

https://www.pedalcommander.com/product/pedal-commander-p4-pc07/?motor=2.0L+4-cyl+turbo

DesertFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep KL

Sponsored

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
Be advised that the “Pedal Commander” and other toys like it do not increase the speed that the throttle opens. They simply use less throttle pedal to reach full signal. Only the PCM can change the rate at which the throttle body opens, the pedal toys only change the signal sent to the PCM. Save your money, read this first.

https://outbackjoe.com/macho-divertissement/macho-articles/sprint-booster-is-it-worth-it/
However it works, it has made my car's throttle response feel much better. I'll be buying one for my Jeep as well.

DENT1325

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Maybe we could request a feature to eliminate throttle lag on one of the ecu tuner devices I keep hearing about on this forum. I’d gladly buy whichever one gets it.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
No regrets. Runs great and the extra torque at much lower rpm is very noticeable

I did however buy the lifetime unlimited miles and term warranty with a 100 deductible so I am covered as long as I own the Jeep. And I plan to keep it a long time
I did the same exact thing , no regrets either

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I am very happy with my 2.0 engine. Great mpg, quiet off-road, proven in many other vehicles for years.
Seems that most negative comments are from folks without this engine and without much actual knowledge of the engine. It’s easy to throw an opinion out there for debate but only people with the engine can really provide an educated opinion.
For anyone that actually stopped to read this post for thoughts from actual drivers/owners of this engine:
It’s great fun and makes the JL a blast to drive. It feels light and fast. It tows my 20ft trailer with ease. It’s so quiet off-road that you actually hear nature.
Agree

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
I am starting to have some at 700 miles, but I hope it is something that can be remedied. Only getting 17 mpg on my current tank, got 15/16 on my JK w/ the 5 speed automatic. My wife was already asking me why we spent the extra $1,000. Also I've only put in 93 octane fuel, unless of course I was getting cheated by the gas station, last tank was from Costco.

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I am starting to have some at 700 miles, but I hope it is something that can be remedied. Only getting 17 mpg on my current tank, got 15/16 on my JK w/ the 5 speed automatic. My wife was already asking me why we spent the extra $1,000. Also I've only put in 93 octane fuel, unless of course I was getting cheated by the gas station, last tank was from Costco.
I’m in Chicago and traffic is terrible I’m only getting 16-17 mpg , but I don’t do any highway driving hardly , when I do my MPG goes up ,but that’s not why I got the Turbo, I wanted it for its performance,and from that stand point I have no regrets

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
I’m in Chicago and traffic is terrible I’m only getting 16-17 mpg , but I don’t do any highway driving hardly , when I do my MPG goes up ,but that’s not why I got the Turbo, I wanted it for its performance,and from that stand point I have no regrets
I hear ya and I agree I wasn't getting the JL to get the most MPG out there, perhaps it is just about being in traffic and nothing that can overcome it; I'm in the DC area, also a traffic nightmare. I guess the change in the EPA figures, from 16 mpg city on my JK to 22 on the JL got my hopes up. I do enjoy most of the other things about it and it does perform when I need it to in order to make it through a light and the ESS works well (I enjoy that feature when sometimes I sit at a light for 5 min).

Ultimately there is only 1 solution, move out to Colorado / Utah and go wheeling everyday!
*The dream*

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
It’s actually doing better then my Infinity M35 , that only got 14mpg

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Be advised that the “Pedal Commander” and other toys like it do not increase the speed that the throttle opens. They simply use less throttle pedal to reach full signal. Only the PCM can change the rate at which the throttle body opens, the pedal toys only change the signal sent to the PCM. Save your money, read this first.

https://outbackjoe.com/macho-divertissement/macho-articles/sprint-booster-is-it-worth-it/

Sorry. That’s just another opinion of someone that hasn’t even used one. Very little of that article is factual. Those who have used the PC or other device understand its benefits. Night and day difference and it’s not anything to do with pushing the pedal harder. That doesn’t work. I am a firm believer in it because it just works. It makes day to day life so much easier. I will add that at altitude, it makes a much bigger difference because of the lack of pedal response, due to power loss.

DesertFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep KL
Sorry. That’s just another opinion of someone that hasn’t even used one. Very little of that article is factual. Those who have used the PC or other device understand its benefits. Night and day difference and it’s not anything to do with pushing the pedal harder. That doesn’t work. I am a firm believer in it because it just works. It makes day to day life so much easier. I will add that at altitude, it makes a much bigger difference because of the lack of pedal response, due to power loss.
Hey, it’s your money, spend it how you want. And believe whatever you want. All I’m doing is trying to spread fact rather than hype. So, don’t bother to read the following, you won’t like it. It includes actual test results.

http://www.crosslake.net/~dbipes/sprintbooster/SprintBooster.pdf

Sponsored