Anyone have 2.0 Turbo regret?

TripleB

First Name
Brent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ (Sold), 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (Sold), 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sold), 2019 GMC Sierra AT4 6.2L, 2019 Santa Cruz Blur
Does the Tazer mini work with the 2.0 non e torque?

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I have a 2020 JLUR 2.0. I have 6k miles in it. I run a mild lift and 37” tires. I’m a realtor and drive a lot. Mixed around town and highway.
I love the engine but I got better mpg with my JKU’s 3.6.

I take folks stated mpg with a grain of salt. If you aren’t doing the math at the pump, after every fill up, with your tire size recalibrated correctly (measured not just 37” for a 37) then you are not calculating true mpg.

I get 13-14mpg with my new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss’s.
I was getting around 15 running ridge grapplers. Almost exactly what I was getting with my JKU.

BUT...I’m running 37’s with no regear. And still feels MORE powerful than my JKU with 4.56 gears.
The new 8 speed auto paired with the 2.0 is just a fantastic combo. But don’t be looking for 20mpg with a lifted Jeep and off road tires. Heck mine didn’t get that stock lol.
Enjoying my 2.0 and no regrets here! I’m sure I’d have been happy with the 3.6 as well though.
Keep Jeepin!

Myopik

First Name
Cody
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Personal Banker
I have a 2020 JLUR 2.0. I have 6k miles in it. I run a mild lift and 37” tires. I’m a realtor and drive a lot. Mixed around town and highway.
I love the engine but I got better mpg with my JKU’s 3.6.

I take folks stated mpg with a grain of salt. If you aren’t doing the math at the pump, after every fill up, with your tire size recalibrated correctly (measured not just 37” for a 37) then you are not calculating true mpg.

I get 13-14mpg with my new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss’s.
I was getting around 15 running ridge grapplers. Almost exactly what I was getting with my JKU.

BUT...I’m running 37’s with no regear. And still feels MORE powerful than my JKU with 4.56 gears.
The new 8 speed auto paired with the 2.0 is just a fantastic combo. But don’t be looking for 20mpg with a lifted Jeep and off road tires. Heck mine didn’t get that stock lol.
Enjoying my 2.0 and no regrets here! I’m sure I’d have been happy with the 3.6 as well though.
Keep Jeepin!
After correcting my speedo for my new tire size (37" KO2s) I'm averaging 19.5 MPG over the last 1000 or so miles. Most of my driving is done on a state route that has some stop lights and the speed is usually around 55mph so maybe I'm just hitting the sweet spot? I do tend to do highway driving on the weekends as well though, so who knows.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I’ve got a new ‘20 JL with the 2.0. Still under 300 miles but mileage thus far is 26.9. It’s a stock Sport S, so no large tires, etc., but I am impressed with the combination of power and mpg. Drove otherwise identical JL’s, one 2.0 and one 3.6. Both drove very well, but I really liked the feel of the 2,0. Mine will be a run around vehicle. I don’t do anything “extreme” but I do love to run backroads and 2 tracks to see where they go. With a Jeep I know I don’t have to worry too much about bottoming out or getting stuck. My previous TJ with the 4.0 was a great ride, but the JL beats it hands down by every meaningful (for me) criteria, it’s better on the highway, quicker and gets a bunch better mileage. I’m loving my 2.0!

johnnyj

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon. Gone but not forgotten: 1998 Sport, 2002 Sport, 2006 LJ Rubicon
Posted earlier - chiming again RE: mileage. Bone stock JLUR, 2.0T/8spd auto. I've had lots of Jeeps and this is by far my favorite engine/trans pairing. On the highway I've seen 26 on trips with lots of flat, average is about 24.

It may be that I am just in love because I spent so many years in the dreaded 4.0/42RLE combo but I feel this Jeep has power for days, double the mileage of my LJ Rubi that only had a set of 32" BFGs. The fact the new Rubicon runs 33s of my tire of choice (unashamed BFG fan for many rigs) with zero mods is icing on the cake.

No plans to put any bigger tires on this rig - just drive it like I stole it and camp all over the damn place until the JM's come out in 2027.

Firecracker52

First Name
Jeanie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
So I know it’s a dumb question, I have a JL turbo 2.0 and we fuel it with 93 octane.... should I be using better? Now I’m worried I messed it up, bought it used and they said just regular gas at the dealer :(:mad:

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
So I know it’s a dumb question, I have a JL turbo 2.0 and we fuel it with 93 octane.... should I be using better? Now I’m worried I messed it up, bought it used and they said just regular gas at the dealer :(:mad:
I believe our engines call for Premium, being 91 or 93 octane. Near me, we only have 87/89/93. Anything higher is considered race fuel around here and can only be found near the couple of dirt racetracks we have. FWIW, there are plenty of success stories on here of these engines being run on 87 without issue.

RoadiJeff

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Been discussed many times already. Your owners manual says 87 is OK to use. For optimum performance it says to use 91.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
The computer adjusts for lower octane fuel, the owners manual states 87 octane is fine, but recommends 93 for peak performance. FWIW my sons mazda 6 with a turbo actually has 2 different horsepower ratings for 87 and 93 octane 227hp vs 250hp. Is the difference a full 10% more horsepower in our jeeps, who knows? We have always run 91 octane (no 93 available out west) just to be safe.

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Been discussed many times already. Your owners manual says 87 is OK to use. For optimum performance it says to use 91.
Agree. In AZ, I usually run mid-grade (89) unless I'm towing our ATV/trailer, then I run our premium (91). It runs great, no problems/issues and mileage is good.

I would quit worrying and go enjoy your Jeep! You're doing OK.

Firecracker52

First Name
Jeanie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback! Everyone on here is always so nice so thank you all! You guys are rockstars!!

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Remember though that the engine is designed. To run and. Function just. Fine on87 octane fuel. Mine does, and there is no way I’ll spend as extra 40-50 cents a gallon when it is NOT needed. Maybe in VERY hot conditions or when towing, but for normal use, no way. Oil companies make enough profits without donating another 6 or 7 bucks per fill up.

Advertisement

Tri-City Jeep

Advertisement