Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
And there are some who are hard core crawlers running the 2.0.
I have a video up on my YouTube channel of two 2.0L eTorques that I spent a day with running 'Plan B' in Sand Hollow, Utah as well as playing in the sand. Watch the video and you'll see them tackle some pretty nasty stuff. Both Jeeps did all the big obstacles.

That experience on the trail with the 2.0L was enough to prompt me to buy a new Recon which I will be picking up tomorrow. Yes, it is true that there is a little more complexity with the new drivetrain, but I think the Jeep engineers did a great job with the set-up. Nothing to fear on the trail.

I'll be adding protection where needed, just as I did on my JKU. The sewing machine sound is not nice....maybe an intake and exhaust would help that?

I'm looking forward to having more efficiency, more mid range hit and the livelier feel the 2.0L brings to the Wrangler.

-Steven
Sponsored

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a video up on my YouTube channel of two 2.0L eTorques that I spent a day with running 'Plan B' in Sand Hollow, Utah as well as playing in the sand. Watch the video and you'll see them tackle some pretty nasty stuff. Both Jeeps did all the big obstacles.

That experience on the trail with the 2.0L was enough to prompt me to buy a new Recon which I will be picking up tomorrow. Yes, it is true that there is a little more complexity with the new drivetrain, but I think the Jeep engineers did a great job with the set-up. Nothing to fear on the trail.

I'll be adding protection where needed, just as I did on my JKU. The sewing machine sound is not nice....maybe an intake and exhaust would help that?

I'm looking forward to having more efficiency, more mid range hit and the livelier feel the 2.0L brings to the Wrangler.

-Steven
Nice! I'm sure you'll love the Recon, it is a cool model.

Re: the sound, I posted this some time ago. Something to consider:

I installed a MagnaFlow axle back system and it definitely helps the sound. Not like a "rippin' V8", but much better. And it performs great!
https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...back-performance-exhaust-system?aces=12210603

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Nice! I'm sure you'll love the Recon, it is a cool model.

Re: the sound, I posted this some time ago. Something to consider:

I installed a MagnaFlow axle back system and it definitely helps the sound. Not like a "rippin' V8", but much better. And it performs great!
https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...back-performance-exhaust-system?aces=12210603
Thanks Mark! I'm so looking forward to moving into the JL platform.

The Magnaflow you posted looks/sounds great. If I replace the muffler, I'll need to go with a Hi-Tuck system. The Recon will be seeing class 5+ trails out west.

Have you done an intake?

-Steven

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Mark! I'm so looking forward to moving into the JL platform.

The Magnaflow you posted looks/sounds great. If I replace the muffler, I'll need to go with a Hi-Tuck system. The Recon will be seeing class 5+ trails out west.

Have you done an intake?

-Steven
Yeah, that makes sense. I take mine off-road to tow an ATV for SAR, but nothing real radical. At least not by choice! Sometimes it happens.....LOL!

No intake work, but may consider that. If you do, please post the results. That may sway my decision. :fist bump:

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Yeah, that makes sense. I take mine off-road to tow an ATV for SAR, but nothing real radical. At least not by choice! Sometimes it happens.....LOL!

No intake work, but may consider that. If you do, please post the results. That may sway my decision. :fist bump:
Will do! Collective experience is a powerful tool.

I'll be driving the new Recon for a bit to enjoy it in its stock form. Look for updates on my YouTube channel, I'm planning on a little Moab trip on the way home.

I have been watching the intake threads on this forum, good stuff.

-Steven

Sponsored

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will do! Collective experience is a powerful tool.

I'll be driving the new Recon for a bit to enjoy it in its stock form. Look for updates on my YouTube channel, I'm planning on a little Moab trip on the way home.

I have been watching the intake threads on this forum, good stuff.

-Steven
Excellent, thanks!

Have a great trip.........

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
CONS:
Premium 91 octane only recommended
Sure about that? Usually the manual stipulates a minimum requirement, or a range, not one fuel quality only. To my knowledge the overseas minimal requirement is 87.

In our manual the minimal recommended octane level is 95 btw - I always use 98.

rothsteinbusiness

First Name
Rothstein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Just checking back in with this thread... I have a 2.0 with 2500 miles. So far, no issues but it’s just 2500 miles. Looking for people that have higher mileage to get their experience with the 2.0. I want to keep this Jeep for a long time :). I know it’s a newer engine so there won’t be many with super high miles but hoping to get a few. All I see on FB pages are people saying to stay away from it because it won’t last a long time ‍
I have the same version..I bought it a week ago. Does your motor stay idled at 1000 rpms? It seems that mine stays that high. Turned it in and they said they did a flash update but no change.

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
I have the same version..I bought it a week ago. Does your motor stay idled at 1000 rpms? It seems that mine stays that high. Turned it in and they said they did a flash update but no change.
mine idles somewhere between 500-1000

Sponsored

TripleB

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ (Sold), 2013 JKUS (Sold), 2015 JKUR (Sold)
Does the Tazer mini work with the 2.0 non e torque?

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I have a 2020 JLUR 2.0. I have 6k miles in it. I run a mild lift and 37” tires. I’m a realtor and drive a lot. Mixed around town and highway.
I love the engine but I got better mpg with my JKU’s 3.6.

I take folks stated mpg with a grain of salt. If you aren’t doing the math at the pump, after every fill up, with your tire size recalibrated correctly (measured not just 37” for a 37) then you are not calculating true mpg.

I get 13-14mpg with my new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss’s.
I was getting around 15 running ridge grapplers. Almost exactly what I was getting with my JKU.

BUT...I’m running 37’s with no regear. And still feels MORE powerful than my JKU with 4.56 gears.
The new 8 speed auto paired with the 2.0 is just a fantastic combo. But don’t be looking for 20mpg with a lifted Jeep and off road tires. Heck mine didn’t get that stock lol.
Enjoying my 2.0 and no regrets here! I’m sure I’d have been happy with the 3.6 as well though.
Keep Jeepin!

Myopik

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Personal Banker
I have a 2020 JLUR 2.0. I have 6k miles in it. I run a mild lift and 37” tires. I’m a realtor and drive a lot. Mixed around town and highway.
I love the engine but I got better mpg with my JKU’s 3.6.

I take folks stated mpg with a grain of salt. If you aren’t doing the math at the pump, after every fill up, with your tire size recalibrated correctly (measured not just 37” for a 37) then you are not calculating true mpg.

I get 13-14mpg with my new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss’s.
I was getting around 15 running ridge grapplers. Almost exactly what I was getting with my JKU.

BUT...I’m running 37’s with no regear. And still feels MORE powerful than my JKU with 4.56 gears.
The new 8 speed auto paired with the 2.0 is just a fantastic combo. But don’t be looking for 20mpg with a lifted Jeep and off road tires. Heck mine didn’t get that stock lol.
Enjoying my 2.0 and no regrets here! I’m sure I’d have been happy with the 3.6 as well though.
Keep Jeepin!
After correcting my speedo for my new tire size (37" KO2s) I'm averaging 19.5 MPG over the last 1000 or so miles. Most of my driving is done on a state route that has some stop lights and the speed is usually around 55mph so maybe I'm just hitting the sweet spot? I do tend to do highway driving on the weekends as well though, so who knows.
Sponsored