Sponsored

Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed?

Jeepx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Wrangler / ‘20 Wrangler / ‘22 Wrangler 4xe
Someone else said it on here and after reading through most of the posts this thread reads like one long guerrilla marketing campaign. If Black Jeep Convertible doesn’t work for MyTop I’d be shocked.
Potentially, but also one of the reasons I wanted to share my experience. Hoping it’s helpful for others.
Sponsored

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 4xe JLU
Can you take a picture from the top?
Not sure what you’re looking for ‘from the top’ but here are 2 more photos that are more above, and also another through the rear view to see where it sits in relation to 3rd brakelight.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 1F2B45EA-8178-48DB-8326-9CBC6396BB29
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 49476D95-EBA8-4FBB-8D1F-C70185C8F9E3
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 4273921F-C7CA-4C37-AC86-7CC060212061

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you’re looking for ‘from the top’ but here are 2 more photos that are more above, and also another through the rear view to see where it sits in relation to 3rd brakelight.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 4273921F-C7CA-4C37-AC86-7CC060212061
just wanted to see how intrusive the black frame was when the doors were off....

MAjeep21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
For those looking at a MyTop please reconsider. I has this installed on a new Jeep in November of 2021. The day I brought it home a part broke off the driver's side shock. It took 6 months to get another shipped- the company was largely nonresponsive. In that time the LED close button burned out. The driver's side front does not sit flush with the window. The velcro is coming undone all the way around the base. A part was shipped and took 8 hours to install--it broke again the first time I used it! The shock completely buckled. The company has been terrible to deal with in every way. They want to ship out the exact same part to replace- that has broke twice within the first use. I have had this on my Jeep for 6 months and IT HAS NOT WORKED AT ALL PROPERLY. I used one of their listed "certified premium installers" also. Now that I am digging I hear other stories of gears stripping and this same shock issue.
Also- the owner of the company was incredibly disrespectful to me. He actually said to me over the phone "don't you have a man in your life I can speak to? A boyfriend, husband, grandfather, brother, a male neighbor with a hammer?" He keeps saying this is an easy fix, but his premium certified installer is the only one who has touched the top and it remains broken. He wanted me to take a rubber mallet and hit it.
The only resolution the company will provide is to resend the same part.

MAjeep21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
T
Potentially, but also one of the reasons I wanted to share my experience. Hoping it’s helpful for others.
he company is terrible. I had this installed 6 months ago- it has not worked properly even one day - shock broke twice. Owner of company is very rude and is telling me it is an adjustment issue- wants to replace the shock for the second time- it crazy. Led close button burned out within a month of install. Most of their Velcro is failing.

Sponsored

MAjeep21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Can you guys give me some idea of what you paid for install? The 'local' shop here in Livermore wants $1500 and they want to order it themselves so I suspect they get some kind of shop discount on top of that.
The tops are crap. Had one installed 6 months ago. Has not functioned correctly even one day. I had to had the driver side shock replaced. On first use it buckled again completely. Led close button burned out within a month. Owner is awful to work with. We are at an impasse.

MAjeep21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
I know a local guy that bought and installed..... nothing but troubles with it... Poor fit, leaks, rattling... and poor quality zippers that are problematic... The guy regrets spending the $ on it....
Same experience!!!! Company awful to deal with!

MAjeep21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Has anyone had the MyTop soft top installed on their JLU? Ordered my 80th anniversary with a soft top(cheapest way) thinking I’ll be putting this top on. It runs around $3500 plus install. I haven’t seen any negative reviews online so I’m wondering if this top is that good??
For those looking at a MyTop please reconsider. I had this installed on a new Jeep in November of 2021. The day I brought it home a part broke off the driver's side shock. It took 6 months to get another shipped- the company was largely nonresponsive. In that time the LED close button burned out. The driver's side front does not sit flush with the window. The velcro is coming undone all the way around the base. A part was shipped and took 8 hours to install--it broke again the first time I used it! The shock completely buckled. The company has been terrible to deal with in every way. They want to ship out the exact same part to replace- that has broke twice within the first use. I have had this on my Jeep for 6 months and IT HAS NOT WORKED AT ALL PROPERLY. I used one of their listed "certified premium installers" also. Now that I am digging I hear other stories of gears stripping and this same shock issue.
Also- the owner of the company was incredibly disrespectful to me. He actually said to me over the phone "don't you have a man in your life I can speak to? A boyfriend, husband, grandfather, brother, a male neighbor with a hammer?" He keeps saying this is an easy fix, but his premium certified installer is the only one who has touched the top and it remains broken. He wanted me to take a rubber mallet and hit it.
The only resolution the company will provide is to resend the same part. Update- I spoke with another individual at the company- there is a known quality issue with the damper/shock on the tops and they are installing to wait and see who has issues.

Sponsored

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
I ordered a MyTop 4/27. They said 6-8 weeks delivery time. (That would have been June 22). I emailed them yesterday to ask for an update as we are now at 12 weeks and I haven’t heard ANYTHING from them.

They came back today they are in production and expect a further delay. Anyone else experiencing extreme delays and lack of communication? Has anyone who ordered end of April or later received their top? I ordered the standard black for 2019 JL so nothing special.

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
I have to chime in about my experience with MyTop. I placed my order on 12/28/2020 and the top arrived on 1/12/2021. Having been able document my extensive experience restoring cars, I was able to be designated as an installer which gave me access to their installation documents, videos, & tech support.

I started installation on my JLU 2021 on 1/22, and it took approx. 8 hours to complete. This was likely 2 hours longer than needed as I documented my process & made a few suggestions of their install docs for clarity.

After the installation, the top performed flawlessly. In July of 2021, I noticed a small rub developing on the top material (which is very nice material, similar to my BMW soft top) near the side rear at an apparent friction point. When I contacted their support, they said they had seen that happening with the new JLU tops and they sent me a fix as well as instructions (and the option to take it to an installer) that arrived in just a couple of days. The fix was perfect, and the top material has stayed great since then.

In April this year, the driver side top motor started making nose and it would not progress beyond a certain point. I reached out to their support, and they said they had reports of the internal motor drives were made with softer material that broke, but they had a fix that they would send me, again for no cost.

It took a couple of weeks to get the new gears since they were stuck in shipping along with everything else. Once I did, it was a quick 30 min install with the motors in place. They even sent an extra gear so I could replace both proactively. It has worked great ever since.

My overall experience has been great. The tops are well engineered & designed, use top quality parts & I have found their support to be great. It has made the Jeep so much more user friendly for me and especially for my wife who is just too small to operate the factory top.....

You just can't beat being able to quickly put the top down at a traffic light and back up again when the inevitable afternoon rains arrive here in Florida...

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
I did reach out to mytop with my unhappiness regarding the delay in delivery. They did reply within 48 hours to every email I sent. Last week I got an update that my top has been allocated and shipping is expected within 10 days. So despite the delay, communication is good.

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
Update: MyTop was installed today. I am VERY happy. It comes with leather panels over the rear windows to protect them until they “remember” the folds so they dont get dinged in the mechanism. The release grips are black and not silver, the fabric is tight, Livermore 4x4 did an excellent install and offered to tighten everything down again after I’ve used it a few weeks. And I LOVE it. So easy to use. Will update if anything doesn’t work later but otherwise assume the best.

evantheterrible

First Name
Terrible
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1C4HJXEN6JW234736
This is concerning. It seems like all the positive reviews are ads from mytop and the negative ones are real people. They were rude even when I ordered it. I hope I didn’t mess up. Maybe I should cancel the order?
Sponsored