Sponsored

Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed?

DMazi

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I have a first generation MYTOP on my wife's 2013 Rubicon, installed in 2017 she is also small 5'-1" worked fantastic until recently. Both motors failed. They are obsolete and no replacement. Looking to have these motors rebuilt or find two on a forum somewhere. Any help would be fantastic
So it was in for 4 years and then burned out? no other problems? did you contact MyTop?
Sponsored

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 4xe JLU
Thanks to everyone here’s comments and questions here. Got to talking with owner while having mytop installed in atl. They have gone through the whole system since taking over from original engineer. Feel confident with current generation, and here it is…definitely a fan

ValkyrieFalling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Thanks for this update!

Did you have a hardtop before installing MyTop? If you did, how does the wind noise and the road noise inside the cabin compare to what they were with the hardtop?

TIA.

Thanks to everyone here’s comments and questions here. Got to talking with owner while having mytop installed in atl. They have gone through the whole system since taking over from original engineer. Feel confident with current generation, and here it is…definitely a fan

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Thanks for this update!

Did you have a hardtop before installing MyTop? If you did, how does the wind noise and the road noise inside the cabin compare to what they were with the hardtop?

TIA.
I feel like it is better with the mytop. The top has an extra layer of fabric to help with noise/insulation.

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 4xe JLU
Ive ridden in JL hardtop and they sound echoey like an empty house, but the stereo sounds better. Drove 8 h to Atlanta with softtop, drove 8 h back with MyTop and both were close to equal, maybe Mytop a little quieter...But because I felt comfortable that I wouldnt have to pull over for 10 minutess to reinsert back and sides we rode 1/2 way top down, then popped top up when traffic stopped. IMHO dual top or 1 touch are $4k. and neither make the wrangler a vehicle I would consider a convertible. spending $4k on mytop I put top down to run to corner store...now I just need a solution for the doors. Goal - naked in 30 sec.

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Ive ridden in JL hardtop and they sound echoey like an empty house, but the stereo sounds better. Drove 8 h to Atlanta with softtop, drove 8 h back with MyTop and both were close to equal, maybe Mytop a little quieter...But because I felt comfortable that I wouldnt have to pull over for 10 minutess to reinsert back and sides we rode 1/2 way top down, then popped top up when traffic stopped. IMHO dual top or 1 touch are $4k. and neither make the wrangler a vehicle I would consider a convertible. spending $4k on mytop I put top down to run to corner store...now I just need a solution for the doors. Goal - naked in 30 sec.
how much was the installation fee? Also do you have any pictures of your jeep without doors and the top down?

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 4xe JLU
how much was the installation fee? Also do you have any pictures of your jeep without doors and the top down?
600 bucks, might be +/- depending on the installer, seemed like a deal...after debating DIY, thinking it was over 1k.
I havent had the doors back off this month, snow/ice. Here was the last pretty morning before this weeks freeze. I promise to take some this weekend, looks like we might brush 70 beach in NC
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 1B1BAF49-7B50-4A24-A1FB-4A98C05136B9

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
600 bucks, might be +/- depending on the installer, seemed like a deal...after debating DIY, thinking it was over 1k.
I havent had the doors back off this month, snow/ice. Here was the last pretty morning before this weeks freeze. I promise to take some this weekend, looks like we might brush 70 beach in NC
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 1B1BAF49-7B50-4A24-A1FB-4A98C05136B9
can you use tie down straps to keep the folded soft top from being less bulky in the back and give you greater visibility?

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 4xe JLU
Sorry for delay, it was a few days too cold to take doors off this past weekend. Here is a pic with doors off and mytop down. Also I got a pic out the rear view with top dow, as you can see it is inline with rear taillight. I looked at tying it down on the sides with straps and you might get another inch, but the bulk of soft top and mytop are similar. Should have another day next week in 70s if u want more pics
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 1644B8D0-5C0A-45C0-AF21-2B807307F209
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? D2D1ABAF-CFB7-4E19-BEAC-D1D79C0F900B

Sponsored

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
Any updates on reliability? I’m seriously consider ordering this as an alternative to buying a mopar softtop.

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Same here, mine has been installed for a little over a year now. We had a top fabric rubbing issue 6 months ago, but MyTop sent a fix that has worked perfectly. I love it and it's great to be able to put the top down at a traffic light...It really does make it a true convertible.....

LuckyN8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
What is the security level? Can someone access the back window without opening the tailgate?