Sponsored

Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed?

hulanp67

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 4XE Rubicon
I wish they made this top to have an option to be manually opened without the motors and electronics . Seems easy to flip the latches and manually pull it back without having to remove the windows like the factory top. I like the cloth materials they use over the factory twill as well. Maybe they could charge $2500 for manual and $4000 for the motorized version.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
The weather's getting warmer, only more of this to come!

I really cannot remember the last time I drove with the top closed the whole day.

ValkyrieFalling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Once myTop is installed, you no longer have access to the full height of the cargo area entrance, do you?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
Damn this looks cool. Big money, but considering this as an upgrade

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Damn this looks cool. Big money, but considering this as an upgrade
I know a local guy that bought and installed..... nothing but troubles with it... Poor fit, leaks, rattling... and poor quality zippers that are problematic... The guy regrets spending the $ on it....

ValkyrieFalling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
I know a local guy that bought and installed..... nothing but troubles with it... Poor fit, leaks, rattling... and poor quality zippers that are problematic... The guy regrets spending the $ on it....
Could it be the way it was installed? I know you said the zippers are bad, but the rest of it?

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
I had mine installed back in March and have had several issues. To be fair MyTop has been responsive but nevertheless very frustrating considering the cost.

Sponsored

ValkyrieFalling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
I had mine installed back in March and have had several issues. To be fair MyTop has been responsive but nevertheless very frustrating considering the cost.
Could you list just a couple of issues you’ve had, please? Just in point form, if you don’t mind. Considering one of these, but getting worried with these negative aspects being reported.

TIA

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
Could you list just a couple of issues you’ve had, please? Just in point form, if you don’t mind. Considering one of these, but getting worried with these negative aspects being reported.

TIA
1. Top does not lay as flat on the drivers side as it does on the passenger side. It does not sit below the third brake light as claimed.

2. I have been through multiple motors and gears since install. Sometimes I have opened the top less then 10 times before a failure.

3. Needed to install new dampers.

again MyTop has been responsive to my issues but still a pain in the ass to constantly have to address post install issues

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
Good to see some other reviews. Most everything I've come across here has been pretty positive.

Something to think about. If I'm spending $4k+ with install that shit better be perfect 😆

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Could it be the way it was installed? I know you said the zippers are bad, but the rest of it?
@ValkyrieFalling

No, nothing to do with the install...

The guy has had one issue after another. An ongoing disaster so to speak. He apparently is going to ask that MyTop buy the piece of crap back. He does not have time to be fixing and repairing almost daily along with dealing with the rattles, leaks, problematic zipper and more..

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
I installed myself and no issues thus far. I even incorporated the One-Touch oem switch to open & close!
Sponsored