Sponsored

Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The " Unzip and Flip " rear window is so much better than having to pull out the whole panel for rear storage access.
The power top is available for the 2 door as well, right ? I would not hesitate to do the installation myself either.
You can do that with factory rear. Pulls sides out and flip upnontomroof. I do it all the time.
Sponsored

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Realized they were in Atlanta after I got my samples. Hmmm...I'd be glad to make a road trip down from Charlotte if they need a two-door for beta testing. :LOL:

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Realized they were in Atlanta after I got my samples. Hmmm...I'd be glad to make a road trip down from Charlotte if they need a two-door for beta testing. :LOL:
I think they’re almost done with the 2door top

Sponsored

nvblue

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
The 2 door top, gray, my Heart's Desire...I would enjoy doing the install too
It's the install that concerns me. An $800 install must be a pretty big deal. Reading about the burned out motors in this thread, and alignment issues in some other discussions, it sounds like this is a pretty difficult install.
I like the ability to drop the hard top back on for winter. They claim it's possible with myTop, but if the install is that difficult, I'm not sure I want to do it every year.

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
It's the install that concerns me. An $800 install must be a pretty big deal. Reading about the burned out motors in this thread, and alignment issues in some other discussions, it sounds like this is a pretty difficult install.
I like the ability to drop the hard top back on for winter. They claim it's possible with myTop, but if the install is that difficult, I'm not sure I want to do it every year.
I love the top, but let me say that I am, unfortunately experiencing those problems. I paid right around that much for an install. Three trips back and forth later, plus me troubleshooting and I still have some issues. To be honest, the install shop has been great and done the right thing! My Top has also been great...called me direct to help troubleshoot, so nothing but praise for their excellent customer service and support. Those two things notwithstanding, it’s still very frustrating! I really hope I can get the top where it should be!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
It's just a few extra bolts to uninstall it, you leave the motors mounted onto the tub, but there's really no need for the hardtop since it's quieter and warmer than a hardtop.

One of the first things I did was sell my noisy, hollow and rattling hardtop.

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
I agree, once you do the initial install, its just 6 bolts total to remove the entire unit as one piece. I'd guess less than 30 mins to take it off in prep for the hardtop....I just don't know why you'd need the hard top ever....

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Here's some raw footage from yesterday. I really wish there was a safe way to get rid of the sport bar. Blocks out so much freedom.

Sponsored

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, guess that’s why I live in Florida!

C0mm0n773

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Oscar Mike Edition
Here's some raw footage from yesterday. I really wish there was a safe way to get rid of the sport bar. Blocks out so much freedom.

Is that your playlist as well🤣🤣🤣 j/k lol

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
a lil' something we northerners and mountain folk like to call "winter"
It is literally warmer and quieter than a hardtop. I had the top down at least once a week during the coldest months.