Sponsored

Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed?

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
This is interesting...never knew these existed! Definitely an intriguing option, though I have a 2-door JLR, which isn't available yet. The thoughts of a Navy colored top to go with my Ocean Blue sounds cool, too. I see the price is up to $4K now...so likely well over $5k with tax, shipping, installation, etc... not sure its worth that much, but still intriguing.

For those that have had one of these for a while now, how are the windows holding up? Windows on my premium soft top scratch if I breath on them and seems like these would start showing creases and such from folding them up very often.

By chance, anyone have any other pics from the interior with the top down/closed? Those latches look a bit...uhhh...obnoxious, appearance-wise. I get that they need to be robust for such a large top, but that bright aluminum looks like they would stick out like a sore thumb against the dark interior. How much of that is hidden by the sun visor when the top is closed?
Sponsored

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
It was worth it for us since we plan to keep this jeep for a long time and I wanted my wife to be able to operate the top easily. She has a convertible with a fully automatic top that even operates on the key fob so if I have any hope of reducing our "fleet" and making the Jeep her daily driver, it has to be much easier than the factory soft top operation.

To me, the latches aren't even noticed with the top up but I suppose you could always paint them black. And for the back windows, they pretty much stay a little wrinkled but never creased or scratched. How they hold up long term is still a question I have and only time will tell....

20210407_121439585_iOS.jpg

20210407_121450283_iOS.jpg

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
This is interesting...never knew these existed! Definitely an intriguing option, though I have a 2-door JLR, which isn't available yet. The thoughts of a Navy colored top to go with my Ocean Blue sounds cool, too. I see the price is up to $4K now...so likely well over $5k with tax, shipping, installation, etc... not sure its worth that much, but still intriguing.

For those that have had one of these for a while now, how are the windows holding up? Windows on my premium soft top scratch if I breath on them and seems like these would start showing creases and such from folding them up very often.

By chance, anyone have any other pics from the interior with the top down/closed? Those latches look a bit...uhhh...obnoxious, appearance-wise. I get that they need to be robust for such a large top, but that bright aluminum looks like they would stick out like a sore thumb against the dark interior. How much of that is hidden by the sun visor when the top is closed?
It’s 4K shipped tax included I believe. The latches aren’t even noticeable, especially if the visors are closed. Plastic windows are just plastic windows to me. Can never tell if one looks good or bad but they are really thick to handle all the movements.

took these yesterday
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 2081E583-645A-4798-9183-B59E31E5916A
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 7FC8CFF7-1FD8-439C-A242-AE56DD5EEB7C
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? F51E5EAD-D47B-4AF3-BB26-B2A018882618

Last edited:

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
To me, the latches aren't even noticed with the top up ...
It’s 4K shipped tax included I believe. The latches aren’t even noticeable, especially if the visors are closed...
Thanks for the pics and comments. I requested some fabric samples from their website and noticed they have a couple installers in my area...time will tell if I warm up to the price by the time a 2-door JL version is released. :)

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
took these earlier just for you. If you have a hard time seeing the latches then there’s your answer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 1CEFCCA0-69FD-48CD-9A66-56C5B2002B6A
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? DD97F011-9B57-4D8E-8F2D-CCA2525114BD

Sponsored

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Unless it's snowing or raining, my top is always down, so I rarely ever get to see my latches.

So quick and easy to just close everything in seconds and park.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? IMG_3859
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? IMG_3863
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? IMG_3867
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? IMG_3870

I think this soft top when closed looks even better than the factory soft top due to it's split quarter windows and a more sloped rear end. Kind of half way between a fastback and squareback.

Last edited:

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
I requested a fabric sample over a month ago, and haven't received anything yet. Was hoping to see the Titanium next to an actual sting gray JLUR.

Any idea what install cost roughly is?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I requested a fabric sample over a month ago, and haven't received anything yet. Was hoping to see the Titanium next to an actual sting gray JLUR.

Any idea what install cost roughly is?
$600-$800 on average, mine was $800

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I requested samples back on Wednesday, and got them in the mail today. You might want to request them again, perhaps your request got lost in the Interwebs along the way.

I received swatches of the black, navy, and titanium. Seems like nice quality material, but I was a bit disappointed by the actual color of their navy. It really didn't have much of a blue tint to it at all that I was hoping for in a potential pairing with my Ocean Blue. I had a blue cloth top on a silver 350Z Roadster some years ago, so I was hoping it would be something along those lines, but this looked more like a washed out black than blue really, even out in the sunlight. Again, not to say it was poor quality or disparage the product, just not the color I was hoping.

OTOH, the black looked just like the OEM Black on mine and probably what I would go with now having seen the samples. The titanium was a nice shade of gray, but I don't see Sting Gray up close very often, so I wouldn't try to comment on how that would match.

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I requested samples back on Wednesday, and got them in the mail today. You might want to request them again, perhaps your request got lost in the Interwebs along the way.

I received swatches of the black, navy, and titanium. Seems like nice quality material, but I was a bit disappointed by the actual color of their navy. It really didn't have much of a blue tint to it at all that I was hoping for in a potential pairing with my Ocean Blue. I had a blue cloth top on a silver 350Z Roadster some years ago, so I was hoping it would be something along those lines, but this looked more like a washed out black than blue really, even out in the sunlight. Again, not to say it was poor quality or disparage the product, just not the color I was hoping.

OTOH, the black looked just like the OEM Black on mine and probably what I would go with now having seen the samples. The titanium was a nice shade of gray, but I don't see Sting Gray up close very often, so I wouldn't try to comment on how that would match.
You could also request the stitching and the tubing part to be blue or whatever color you want.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
What part of the top is the "tubing" part?
Like the edge, you know the tubing part of some leather seats? it's similar