Sponsored

Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
The " Unzip and Flip " rear window is so much better than having to pull out the whole panel for rear storage access.
The power top is available for the 2 door as well, right ? I would not hesitate to do the installation myself either.
2dr JK is out already, 2dr JL should be out this summer
Sponsored

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Here are a few shots of the top down and one from the rear view mirror. I forgot to get one of the latches but will do that after work...(and pay no attention to the rear window bottom edge. I don't have it slid into the cross bar yet)
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? IMG_3207.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? IMG_3208.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? IMG_3209.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? IMG_3210.JPG

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Oh yeah, that’s jacked up. Also looks like it’s out of alignment as well (twisted) which would explain the latches not being quite right...here are mine. You need to get them to fix that for you.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 7CA1116A-A48E-4FA6-B2A2-7BE9EB79B36F

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 38C184F7-77EC-4FD4-B233-7146C488354C

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Mine today at 30°F because I wanted to smoke with the heat on lol
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 2B89591C-0DF7-48A1-8E50-98C162B4E164

I feel like the top can fold even lower, but it’s so cold outside that it’s a bit stiff

Kaitlynmrilez

First Name
Kaitlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL 4-Door Willys Edition
It’s life changing man. All those moments where you couldn’t be bothered to drop the top because it takes 5-10 minutes with a dozen steps to do, with the mytop that doesn’t even matter anymore. I find myself dropping the top when I’m stuck in traffic and need a smoke break, at red lights or even stop signs. Even used it to do a Jeep wave lol. Other Jeep was shocked and grinning ear to ear.

As for quality compared to a hardtop I’d have to say it’s much quieter and warmer. When I had a hardtop it felt like I was driving in a hollow shell, noise and rattles everywhere, but with the mytop, everything just feels so much quieter. The top is triple layered so it’s even warmer in the cold. Reminds me of my 2015 Mustang convertible top but thicker. Apparently they use the same top manufacturer as Mercedes and other euro luxury convertible brands.

Reliability wise it’s been working flawlessly. I got it installed last summer and I’ve definitely used it more times than there have been days. I mean you really do use it as much as you open and close your door, because the second you park somewhere the top closes in seconds instead of minutes and when you get back to your vehicle, it’s just like rolling your windows open, only takes seconds. My uses are over the past couple months is probably close to a thousand now. I’m still using it in the winter on those random warm days. Other Jeep’s look at me like I’m crazy like who goes through all that hassle in the freezing cold to drop their top but little do they know 😉

The advertised price is like 3500 for black and 3700 for any other color isn’t that bad at all because almost everyone forgets that you can sell your factory top for 1500-2000 since you won’t ever need it anymore because the mytop is superior, so my overall cost of the top was more like 2k which is a small price to pay for so many Smiles per Gallon. The install cost is like any other mod, so I don’t even worry about that. People have paid more in labor for leather seats and mytop has a nation wide list of installers. Took my local mytop shop a couple hours to install and they did a great job.

As someone who comes from true powered convertibles, I knew the ability to go topless at a moments notice completely changes your ownership experience. I get to use so much more of my Jeep every single day while everyone else has to contemplate if it’s worth going through the trouble to be topless.

Wranglers are all about smiles per gallon and this mytop definitely does that.

This is my Instagram that I update regularly if you want to see more content of my life with mytop
https://www.instagram.com/[Banned Member]/

I love them because they made my dream come true. I’m a die hard convertible lover and my dream car has always been a convertible 4 door suv with AWD/4WD and lots of ground clearance, but I do hate the sport bar and door window frames since it takes away from some of my freedom which is why I’m excited for the Bronco.

Hope you end up choosing happiness!

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 2B89591C-0DF7-48A1-8E50-98C162B4E164
Hey! I'm considering purchasing this for my lease, but am scared it will void my warranty on the lease. I called my service center and they were pretty vague. Were you able to find any info on voiding the warranty prior to installing?

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
Since it mounts using existing holes not sure that it would. I would reach out to My Top and double check about adding new holes for mounting just to be sure.

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
There are no new holes added, it uses all the stock mounting points for everything. You could retain the factory top and then return it to factory setup when your lease expires. I am sure you could sell the used power top here and get a lot of that money back then too as well...

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Hey! I'm considering purchasing this for my lease, but am scared it will void my warranty on the lease. I called my service center and they were pretty vague. Were you able to find any info on voiding the warranty prior to installing?
The top can be completely removed like a hardtop and you could probably sell it for a good amount afterwards.

Sponsored

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Much better than the factory soft top....it has a padded headliner and the side bits seal up to the top edge really well.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
Update on my MyTop install...had to bring it back for some adjustments after initial install and installer tweaked everything near perfect. Less than a week later and maybe two up and down cycles, driver’s side motor fails! Ugh for sure, right! Bring it back for a third time and the motor is replaced and let the sun shine in! Well not so fast...after one open/close cycle the passenger side motor fails!! Call up MyTop and they are committed to making it right, but at this point after four trips later I’m becoming a bit frustrated. Anyone else with the top hav a motor failure?

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
I have been using my top daily, often twice a day and never had any issues with the motors. When I signed up to be an installer, one of the things they stressed is that misalignment or improper installation of the mechanisms could burn out the motors since binding of the top frame while in operation would put undue stress on the motors. Since yours was clearly misaligned, my guess would be that is what caused the motor failure...
Sponsored