Sponsored

Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed?

Cbrothers

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Has anyone had the MyTop soft top installed on their JLU? Ordered my 80th anniversary with a soft top(cheapest way) thinking I’ll be putting this top on. It runs around $3500 plus install. I haven’t seen any negative reviews online so I’m wondering if this top is that good??
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
It’s life changing man. All those moments where you couldn’t be bothered to drop the top because it takes 5-10 minutes with a dozen steps to do, with the mytop that doesn’t even matter anymore. I find myself dropping the top when I’m stuck in traffic and need a smoke break, at red lights or even stop signs. Even used it to do a Jeep wave lol. Other Jeep was shocked and grinning ear to ear.

As for quality compared to a hardtop I’d have to say it’s much quieter and warmer. When I had a hardtop it felt like I was driving in a hollow shell, noise and rattles everywhere, but with the mytop, everything just feels so much quieter. The top is triple layered so it’s even warmer in the cold. Reminds me of my 2015 Mustang convertible top but thicker. Apparently they use the same top manufacturer as Mercedes and other euro luxury convertible brands.

Reliability wise it’s been working flawlessly. I got it installed last summer and I’ve definitely used it more times than there have been days. I mean you really do use it as much as you open and close your door, because the second you park somewhere the top closes in seconds instead of minutes and when you get back to your vehicle, it’s just like rolling your windows open, only takes seconds. My uses are over the past couple months is probably close to a thousand now. I’m still using it in the winter on those random warm days. Other Jeep’s look at me like I’m crazy like who goes through all that hassle in the freezing cold to drop their top but little do they know 😉

The advertised price is like 3500 for black and 3700 for any other color isn’t that bad at all because almost everyone forgets that you can sell your factory top for 1500-2000 since you won’t ever need it anymore because the mytop is superior, so my overall cost of the top was more like 2k which is a small price to pay for so many Smiles per Gallon. The install cost is like any other mod, so I don’t even worry about that. People have paid more in labor for leather seats and mytop has a nation wide list of installers. Took my local mytop shop a couple hours to install and they did a great job.

As someone who comes from true powered convertibles, I knew the ability to go topless at a moments notice completely changes your ownership experience. I get to use so much more of my Jeep every single day while everyone else has to contemplate if it’s worth going through the trouble to be topless.

Wranglers are all about smiles per gallon and this mytop definitely does that.

This is my Instagram that I update regularly if you want to see more content of my life with mytop
https://www.instagram.com/[Banned Member]/

I love them because they made my dream come true. I’m a die hard convertible lover and my dream car has always been a convertible 4 door suv with AWD/4WD and lots of ground clearance, but I do hate the sport bar and door window frames since it takes away from some of my freedom which is why I’m excited for the Bronco.

Hope you end up choosing happiness!

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? F1BEDF00-6CA7-4509-8A8C-FC4091E68F89
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 4D62E86D-857C-43E2-B19D-071A8F112626
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 92344363-B6ED-467B-B617-C5F301B3BA3F
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? B46DE629-C48C-4B03-9F66-75417EACFFFE
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone had the MyTop soft top installed? 00818B5D-CC65-4936-A980-9972F7C1C579

Last edited:
OP
OP

Cbrothers

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
No question going with it. My main concern was leaking where the side windows meet the back door but haven’t heard anyone complain about that. My top was back ordered about 3-4 weeks right now on black. I will prob order by March to get it in April.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
No question going with it. My main concern was leaking where the side windows meet the back door but haven’t heard anyone complain about that. My top was back ordered about 3-4 weeks right now on black. I will prob order by March to get it in April.
Never had a drop of water come in from any of the north eastern storms we’ve had or the dozens of high pressured touch less car washes (not recommended by mytop) but I don’t have a choice with all the NYC salt

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Would be a game-changer if this was standard on all Wranglers without a price increase.
Unfortunately Jeep’s answer is a sliding piece of rag for a whopping 4k

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I’m guessing you can’t take out the side and back windows and run in safari mode, right?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I’m guessing you can’t take out the side and back windows and run in safari mode, right?
Nope, I always saw safari mode as too lazy to fold the rest of the top lol, but the back window opens pretty easy

OmniPocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Sport
I'm definitely considering getting one. I've been keeping an eye on them since I got my Jeep in May. This kinda concerns me though, cause it seems like a guerilla marketing thing.

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I'm definitely considering getting one. I've been keeping an eye on them since I got my Jeep in May. This kinda concerns me though, cause it seems like a guerilla marketing thing.
You could always check the entire history of each mytop owner.

Last edited:

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
I ordered one a couple of weeks ago and it arrived yesterday. My goal is to make the top as easy as possible for my wife to use so we can sell her current convertible, which has a fully automatic top (key fob will even open it on approach/departure). Once we can get the new jeep close to her current car's comfort level, it can become her daily diver and that car can go away....

I plan on installing it myself as I restored cars (bare metal level) for fun and occasional profit in the past. Based on the install videos I have seen, it's not rocket science. I am off work on Monday so the plan is to take the day for the install and to document the process.

Stay tuned, I am so looking forward to it!

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
It looks like it sits kind of high when lowered. How is the visibility?

Does it bounce much?

On my soft top, I use bungee cords to hold the top down to get better visibility and stop the bouncing. No Safari mode probably kills it for me because I still want my stogie when it's raining and/or cold.

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2021 JLUR on order
Oh wow. I have the factory soft top which I thought was great, but this looks amazing.

A couple of questions:

1) will it wire into one of the existing aux switches?
2) how scratch resistant is the window plastic? My one complaint with the factory soft windows is how easily they scratch. Second day I tried cleaning with a paper towel and some water and got all kinds of micro scratches. Don’t notice them anymore, but kind of annoying.
3) same question as previous poster. How’s the visibility/bounce out the back with the top down?
Sponsored